Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:08 pm

I have noticed, as of late, there seems to be a lot of partisanship (Liveral vs Conservative) on this board. I don't know, it seemed like some time ago, people expressed their opinions about political matters, but to a lesser magnitude. It was nice to see comments without too much political bias, no matter what the thread title. Also, there seems to be a numerous amount of threads to be popping up all over the forum with the same related matter.

I have never claimed to be partisan to any political parties. Although, has mentioned before, maybe leaning more to the Conservatives. Although, as mentioned before, will never vote for the Bloc Quebecois. :lol:

Sometimes it can be fun to read on this forum, while other times some comments can be simply just ridiculous. Anyways, only want to see some of your opinions about this matter.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:11 pm

Partisanship Na, I just hate the LPC and the NDP. Oh and the Bloc can stick it.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:25 pm

I find it extremely annoying and narrow minded.
I'm totally biased against all political parties.
Its hard to talk about an issue and not bring up finger pointing against the opposite party.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:26 pm

Hate to break it to you but when has it not been heated? There was a lull, but that was more becuase there was a lull of topics not because the posters here went on prozac.

Buckle up girl, it gets nasty here.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:36 pm

I agree, it's ridiculous. Political Discussion would be so much better for everyone if the Party X Partisans didn't exist. Instead of discussing the Issues, discussions sink to Party Policy and defending that at all costs. Nevermind Logic, Reason, or any type of actual Thinking about a subject. Just repeat someone else's Talking Points like a good Automaton.

Voters should be Independent Thinkers able to discern their own Opinions and make their own Judgments. It seems just so much more convenient to surrender to some other established Group Think, unfortunately.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:09 pm

sandorski sandorski:
I agree, it's ridiculous. Political Discussion would be so much better for everyone if the Party X Partisans didn't exist. Instead of discussing the Issues, discussions sink to Party Policy and defending that at all costs. Nevermind Logic, Reason, or any type of actual Thinking about a subject. Just repeat someone else's Talking Points like a good Automaton.

Voters should be Independent Thinkers able to discern their own Opinions and make their own Judgments. It seems just so much more convenient to surrender to some other established Group Think, unfortunately.

R=UP rate on!

I'm obviously a Conservative, and barring the Conservative Party of Canada gets really socially conservative (which is unlikely, because that brand of conservatism doesn't fly with the General Public in Canada), I will support the party, because my economic ideology, and a fair bit of other things co-inside with the Conservative Party.

But, not to say I don't have a mind of my own. I pull away from the Conservative Party on social issues (for obvious reasons), and have the belief that both economic liberty and social liberty are the key formula to a free, just, and liberated society. I'm very much a Libertarian...

Its really annoying to get into political debates and have the "LIBRANOS", and "NEO-CONS", "DIPPERS", "FIBERALS", etc.

I wish people would stop be uber-partisans, and actually state their beliefs on an issue, even if it doesn't fall in line with their party.

Political debate on here would be a lot more exciting if people stated their opinions, and stopped being mouth pieces for the party.

BTW, what way do you think this forum leans, partisanlly? I'd probably say (objectionally) that it leans Conservative in terms of membership.

I see a lot more conservative-minded posters than I do left wingers (NDP/Liberal)

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:14 pm

I bet the next one who will quote this guy will have the same opinion as me hahaha

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:32 pm

Nope.
This sounds like the annual: "Why can't we all be nice and polite to one another" thread.

I take each subject on it's own and do bitch when they make a mistake but it's really been an "us or them" mentality on this forum for a long time. Now you'll say thet I don't bitch loud enough but that's throwing the baby out with the bath water.
We've had a decade of one party rule and a number here are already to go back. Explain the logic in that one.

Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:37 pm

You cannot really sit on the fence on politics, either you are right, left or centre, or atleast in one of those camps with shades of gray. With recent scandals and recent elections I guess debates will have become more testy, but that's forums. TBH forums are not good places to debate or communicate its a bit of a cop out from real eye to eye contact and body language.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:03 pm

I think it used to be worse in here right after bush was elected the second time.

You had a bunch of fly bys that came in teared up the place and left...Michealredeagle.....was one clown I could never forget

CKA Elite
CKA Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:07 pm

hwacker hwacker:
Partisanship Na, I just hate the LPC and the NDP. Oh and the Bloc can stick it.

was looking at your profile did you know we joined the same day. If I recall people thought we were connected some how.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:08 pm

partisan politics is canadian politics... its the way it is.. it brings out the worst in people and I am guilty of that... thats true..

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:09 pm

There always seems to be an ebb and flow. For a while the liberals dominate and then the conservatives take over. Right now, we're in a period of conservative majority.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:09 pm

kenmore kenmore:
partisan politics is canadian politics... its the way it is.. it brings out the worst in people and I am guilty of that... thats true..
There goes that liberal tounge swaying back and forth ROTFL

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:12 pm

nah.. going to be nice on that one.