Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:37 am

Actually it was the French that stated that there language was in trouble not me.

As for being the losers, we never lost, were sold out by the rest of Canada and to this day are still being sold out.

And if you are willing to lie down and take it, wonderful for you.
There are many of us that won’t let our rights to freedom of choice be taken away.

How do you get over being made to feel like a second-class person in your country?
How do you let people take rights away from you without fighting back?

No you can get over being pissed on if you like I wont.

If the same people made you follow Catholicism and outlawed all other religions.
Would you still have the same lack of backbone and say get over it?

It is my RIGHTS I am fighting for, the same rights that allows you to rollover and play dead lets the rest of us fight for equality.

I’ll stay in my beautiful Quebec and fight for what our Country is supposed to stand for.
I won't run away and say there is nothing that I can do about it.

Not withstanding the lack of courage of others who stand by and watch.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:48 am

Fuck guys, who gives a shit about separatism, or more accurately, Quebec Nationalism?

Quebecers and "The Rest of Canadians" (TROC) are a different breed. Back in the Airborne we used to call the Frenchmen "Spies" because they spoke a different language but wore the same uniform as us. The word also rhymed with "Fries", which, as we all know, is the national food of Quebec! Ah, I miss those halcyon days at Base Petawawa!

I don't hate PQ types. I admire their sense of identity, their strong culture etc. I do laugh at dumb TROC minded, English Canadians who think that because 300 years ago, a bunch of Frenchmen and some dispossessed ex-American Tories struck a deal, that we will love each other forever. That's bullshit.

Since Trudeau took over, this country has done nothing but work to diminish the English Canadian presence in Canada, while encouraging the Frenchies and Multiculturalism. All at the expense of the Scots, Irish and Brit stock who actually carved this land out of the Canadian Shield. God, if you spent any time on a Canadian University Campus today, you'd think this country was settled by the Gay and Lesbian Organization of Waterloo!

I'm sure this post will be reviled as hateful/racist/bigoted... blah, blah, blah. I don't care, I'm right. You lefty types decry everyone who disagrees with you as racist anyway so I'll just start ignoring you now.

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would cause us harm." George Orwell[B]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:03 am

Don't have a heart attack, Ralph...or give yourself a headache banging your head against that wall!

You are a man of principle, Ralph. That's something I can respect. But you have also chosen to take your gloves off and launch a series of thinly veiled insults at me. Let's summarise:

According to Ralph I...

...don't mind "being made to feel like a second-class citizen in my own country"...

-I don't feel like a second-class citizen- unlike you, Ralph.

...am "willing to lie down and take it"...

-Only if it's from my girlfriend, Ralph. :wink:

..."can get over being pissed on"...

-Not even from my girlfriend, Ralph. :wink:

..."rollover and play dead"...

-I only pick fights I can win, Ralph. Like this one.

..."run away and say there is nothing I can do about it"...

-Well, I'm still in Montreal. And I have done something about it. I have adapted. Which is more than you can say. Life is still good in Montreal, notwithstanding ( :wink: ) the constant whining of clowns like you (both Anglo and Franco) who threaten to ruin it for everyone else.

...have a "lack of courage"...

-On the contrary, I have enough courage to deal with and embrace change, unlike silly stubborn blowhards like you!

You win some and you lose some, Ralph. Get over it.

PS Do you realise that if every Anglo Quebecer shared your attitude Quebec would have separated ages ago?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:33 am

Freaker said "He only picks fights He can win."
Hell if that don't make you French nothing does.But when was the last time the French won a fight?Sure they think they can win it but history has not been kind the last hundred years.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:42 am

First of most of my wife’s family are French Canadien
We are all aware of what is going on.

I speak French and saw to it that both my children are fluent in French and English.

If you took my comments as a personal attack then check your own hart not mine.

I lived and worked in French for over 35 years and like most people here and I really don’t mind.

What I do mind is when a person who thinks they have the right to take something that is mine away. But you call that stubborn

The wining as you call it is the sound of someone asking to be respected to be given the same rights as everyone else in their Country.
But you would settle for less (adapt) for yourself and your family.
What does it hurt if they have more rights than you, get over it right?

There are always sellouts and people who knuckle under to authority and call it adapting, making peace, not rocking the boat, letting well enough alone.
What ever lets you sleep?

Just because you don’t recognize when your being pissed on doesn’t change the fact my friend.

Your language is being outlawed, your children punished there future being limited by unfair hiring practices. But I am sure they will adapt as well.

And I really don’t need you to tell me when I win or lose I decide that not you not the separatist.

I know what and who I am and don’t need your permition nor the language police's to express myself.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:45 am

Well you have to be pretty stupid to pick a fight you know you're going to lose! :lol:

And as for your remarks about the French, well, you're making an ass of yourself, Dan74...

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:52 am

You have to be a coward to pick only the fights you know you will win.

Men fight the good fight not only the ones they know they will win.

Learn to fight for what is right don’t just settle or adapt.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:01 am

Ralph, I'm sick of you the whinging that comes out of PQ. Quebecers have never been able to get along with the rest of Canada. Even during World War 2, Quebecers were sucking up to Hitler and were rioting in the streets of Montreal to oppose the war against the Nazis, this at a time when Canadian soliders were fighting tooth and nail against the facist war machine.

I think Canada and Quebec should perhaps go their own ways. All the real money is in Ontario and Alberta anyway, let Quebec try to make a go of it on their own. That would be a laugh!

When Quebec comes running back begging for mercy, Canada could accept them at 50%.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:08 am

Freaker Freaker:
Well you have to be pretty stupid to pick a fight you know you're going to lose! :lol:

And as for your remarks about the French, well, you're making an ass of yourself, Dan74...

I have a firm belief that you gotta fight the fight's worth fighting.
I am a conservative on a mostly left wing site.
But the point of Language laws
The a UN human rights committee declared it was breaking human rights for banning a language.
So now you have terroists bombing the Second Cup for having the nerve to have a English Name.
You have people fined for speaking a language.
So at what point do you see it being a complete destruction of rights?

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:15 am

And while you sit back and decide what is going to happen to me and my family doesn’t you think you should educate your self.

The fact is that the French were badly treated in the passed and do have a grievance.
But for the most part they have addressed those with little or no help from the rest of Canada.

As for the Second World War there were people all over Canada who were apposed to the war
Quebec lost many of its sons in the war my wife’s uncles were among them.
They fought with the Royal 22 and were highly decorated.

As for separating you should know how hard we have fought to stay in Canada
We are forced to vote for parties and people that we hate but know will support federalism.

The majority of the Province is a strong believer in Canada and shows up and vote that way every time.

Will you feel the same way when the West starts up there separatist parties I wonder?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:15 am

Believe it or not, Ralph, I'm not fond of the language laws. They're an embarrasment to Quebec. But your overblown portrayal of conditions in Quebec makes it look like we're in Nazi Germany here, which is ridiculous, not to mention very unfair to Franco-Quebecers. And downright insulting to real victims of persecution. Your snivelling self-pity is completely unjustified, Ralph. It makes you look pathetic. Try carrying yourself with some dignity and self-respect.

And once again you have insulted me by calling me a "sellout". Check your own heart, pal...

...and get over it!

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:27 am

Please point out the over blown statements.
Is the Quebec government fair in the way they hire?
Are there laws as to the size of English signs?
Are the emigrants forced into French schools?

And sellout might not be right on the money
More like enabler,

But you have the right even in this Province to give up and tuck tail if you want.

Your motto always picks the fights you can win
I think that makes you a bully :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:03 am

No Ralph, it just means that I'm not suicidal! :lol:

It isn't any particular statements that are overblown, Ralph, more just your overall tone that makes you come across as wallowing in self-pity.
This may not be what you intend, but this is how some people are going to see it. Lawndart, for instance. But enough about him! :wink:

Yes, I know that Quebec's hiring practises are unfair...grossly so.
Yes, there are sign laws, but I don't think they are unreasonable.
Yes, immigrants are required to attend French school, but I don't think that that is unreasonable either.

Am I an "enabler"? Well, what I most want to enable is having Quebec stay in Canada. My concern is that "angryphone" rhetoric such as yours only serves to drive Franco-Quebecers into the separatist camp!
We have to be rational and reasonable rather than lashing out in frustration about these laws, something which I believe would be very self-defeating for Anglo-Quebecers.

As annoying as these laws are, I prefer them to living in an independant "Republique du Quebec"!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:02 am

Ralph, I'll bet you listen to Tommy Schnurmacher on CJAD. My mom's favourite radio show. She would be siding with you here... :)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5 ... 11  Next