Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:05 am

First they came for the Muslims and environmentalists with C-51, but I said nothing, because I'm not one of them. But then they reinstated the long form census, and I went batshit crazy because now they're coming for me once they know how many refrigerators I have.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:22 am

andyt andyt:
First they came for the Muslims and environmentalists with C-51, but I said nothing, because I'm not one of them. But then they reinstated the long form census, and I went batshit crazy because now they're coming for me once they know how many refrigerators I have.

Zactly! RevCan already knows how much you make, and where. You have a drivers license, cameras everywhere record where you drive, and whatever information they can't get, then CSEC just slurps it off the internet or your credit card company or computer and phone while you aren't looking.

Bill C-51 lets government departments share all this information, if you are deemed an 'enemy of the state'. And it's all the Liberals fault!

Since C-51 doesn't allow all your information to be shared with StatsCan, I guess they have to go back to the old fashioned way, and let you fill out a piece of paper and send it in.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:27 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
andyt andyt:
:roll:

Double :roll: :roll:

One thing Stats Canada was never accused of doing, was being careless with personal information acquired through the census. They didn't even care if you gave your real name, just that your answers were accurate.

But to run the country, this information was vital.

In principle yes, this information would be greatly useful in many ways.

However, if you don't even have to give your real name people could easily not provide real answers to any other questions. It makes the whole process rather useless.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:29 am

They could even if they gave their real name, since I've never heard of the Stats can police coming around to verify your answers. They just rely on most Canadians being grownups.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:30 am

First they came for the census refusniks. Then they came (again) for the gun owners. Then they came with death squads to wipe out all the pit bulls that were so scary to spandex - clad dope - smoking prostitute -visiting cyclists. It scares me! Get rid of it! cryeth the cyclists, and the government came riding (on bicycles, no less) to the rescue of the pathetic shivering waifs .....

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:32 am

Thanos Thanos:
First they came for the census refusniks. Then they came (again) for the gun owners. Then they came with death squads to wipe out all the pit bulls that were so scary to spandex - clad dope - smoking prostitute -visiting cyclists. It scares me! Get rid of it! cryeth the cyclists, and the government came riding (on bicycles, no less) to the rescue of the pathetic shivering waifs .....

[cheer]

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:57 am

Strutz Strutz:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
andyt andyt:
:roll:

Double :roll: :roll:

One thing Stats Canada was never accused of doing, was being careless with personal information acquired through the census. They didn't even care if you gave your real name, just that your answers were accurate.

But to run the country, this information was vital.

In principle yes, this information would be greatly useful in many ways.

However, if you don't even have to give your real name people could easily not provide real answers to any other questions. It makes the whole process rather useless.

The beauty of statistics is they don't care about real names. If a few people give false answers, the sample size is also large enough for it not to matter. 10 people in 100,000 is nothing. If everyone gives false answers, then it's a problem.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:00 am

fifeboy fifeboy:
Thanos Thanos:
Yes, undoing a decade of Harperite troops on the streets fascism requires the return of a census where the government can massively fine anyone who doesn't knuckle under and co-operate. Not a good return to your kinder, friendlier government if the first thing you want brought back is this kind of hammer to be used on dissenters. Up next, the return of the gun registry, along with an emphatic "tell us everything you own or it'll be plan B for you, pal".

Oh good grief!

Sounds familiar, doesn't it. ROTFL

Enjoy the next 4 years because, it's gonna be a bumpy ride. [B-o]

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:04 am

Thanos Thanos:
Everyone is the same good little Nazi on the inside when it comes to the things they want to leave unimpeded and the things they want the hammer brought down on. Liberals are no different, no matter how much they protest to the contrary.

My personal plan is to overthrow the government and then replace the approximately fifty million bureaucrats in the US with about one million people who won't have the time to do anything more than just what is absolutely necessary to run the country.

In other words my evil plan is to leave you alone. [B-o]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:07 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Thanos Thanos:
Everyone is the same good little Nazi on the inside when it comes to the things they want to leave unimpeded and the things they want the hammer brought down on. Liberals are no different, no matter how much they protest to the contrary.

My personal plan is to overthrow the government and then replace the approximately fifty million bureaucrats in the US with about one million people who won't have the time to do anything more than just what is absolutely necessary to run the country.

In other words my evil plan is to leave you alone. [B-o]

You're one of the few then because pretty much everyone else, especially on the fringes, shows zero intention of leaving others alone.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:12 am

Thanos Thanos:
You're one of the few then because pretty much everyone else, especially on the fringes, shows zero intention of leaving others alone.

And they desperately need to be put up against a wall and shot.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:02 am

andyt andyt:

Jeez Andy. They don't give f#%€ how many refrigerators you have. It's the frozen cherry smoked bacon being hoarded...

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:11 am

Thanos Thanos:

Clear this up for me, I'm confused. Is this spandex, clad dope, smoking prostitutes visiting cyclists or spandex clad, dope smoking, prostitute visiting cyclists?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:18 am

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
fifeboy fifeboy:
Thanos Thanos:
Yes, undoing a decade of Harperite troops on the streets fascism requires the return of a census where the government can massively fine anyone who doesn't knuckle under and co-operate. Not a good return to your kinder, friendlier government if the first thing you want brought back is this kind of hammer to be used on dissenters. Up next, the return of the gun registry, along with an emphatic "tell us everything you own or it'll be plan B for you, pal".

Oh good grief!

Sounds familiar, doesn't it. ROTFL

Enjoy the next 4 years because, it's gonna be a bumpy ride. [B-o]

Nope, I suspect it will be for the next 8 years, at least. Early in the 5th year I suspect heads will begin to explode on CKA and at BlazingCatFur. :mrgreen:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:32 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Without that information, future planning will cost more, and do less. Sounds like a bargain to me!

Census data doesn't matter when politicians make snap decisions and promises during a campaign.