canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:40 pm

Our Canadian government is truly disgusting sometimes and in honor of the vets I thought it appropriate to share Rick Mercer pretty much nailing the problem right in the teeth with this video.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:39 pm

Nice!! Hopefully people will listen!

Too bad there isn't away to reverse pension req's...

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:15 pm

So... now that I've officially decided not to vote Conservative... who wants my vote?

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:55 pm

Well... and this is only a few...

the NDP said the military was "welfare in uniform"

the Liberals cancelled the helicopters and froze pay

So if your looking for a party that suports the military you may have to start your own!!!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:57 pm

It`s hard to choose because while they campaign they jabber about representing your voice in Ottawa, and as soon as they get elected they become the Party`s mouthpiece to the plebs

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:49 pm

$1:

Actually, the Liberals increased pay significantly, IIRC, the increase took the CF from being one of the lowest-paid NATO militaries to one of the highest -paid.

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/departmen ... release/10

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/canadian- ... s-1.171981

But the Libs did skimp on procurement prior to 9/11, that is their legacy.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:04 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
$1:

Actually, the Liberals increased pay significantly, IIRC, the increase took the CF from being one of the lowest-paid NATO militaries to one of the highest -paid.

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/departmen ... release/10

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/canadian- ... s-1.171981

But the Libs did skimp on procurement prior to 9/11, that is their legacy.

So after 7 years in office they finally did something. Noteworthy I'm sure.

"Soldiers, particularly the lower ranks, have been saying for years they weren't paid enough. Some said they had to rely on food banks, and live in sub-standard housing, because of their low wage. "

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:14 pm

Nonetheless, they did provide significant increases - I believe one of the largest in CF history - and the claim that they 'froze pay' is false.

EDIT: For the record, the Libs took office on November 4, 1993 and the pay increase was effective April 1 1999, so it was actually 5.42 years from the date that the Libs took office to the date that the pay increase was planned, budgeted for and placed into effect. Not 7 years as you suggest.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:33 pm

oh yea I remember that pay raise looked really good in the news... Some of the babies actually believed and went on a spending spree!!! Lots of unhappy people when all the dust settled. It inclueded all sorts of 1/2 and 1/4 already given... But hey it looked real nice on paper.

The quality of life stuff came in just as we were leaving. I supose it was better than the utter disregard of families and Qs. One of my neighbours always swore she had a better standard on life on Mother Allowance and would have seen her hubby more if he were in jail...

I will destroy my balet before voting Liberal or NDP... Not real happy with what is happening now. But at least they still pretend to care about the military... rather have them pretend than the welfare thought or the liberals (shant forgive them for the helicopters...)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:57 pm

i think my take home pay as an OS was 500 or 550 every two weeks in 85 because of sea pay. While I was in basic and fleet school it was 385 every two weeks. It improved somewhat as an AB and after I did my diving course. My dad was only making about a $100 a month as a LS when I was born, and that was with the extra for being married

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:28 pm

housewife housewife:
I will destroy my balet before voting Liberal or NDP... Not real happy with what is happening now. But at least they still pretend to care about the military... rather have them pretend than the welfare thought or the liberals (shant forgive them for the helicopters...)

^ this.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:53 am

Excellent rant.

Unsound Unsound:
So... now that I've officially decided not to vote Conservative... who wants my vote?

You know, someone should start a party based on the conserviative principles of fairness and accountability, who will take the cronyism out of Ottawa.

:roll:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:59 am

This isn't a Conservative, Liberal or NDP issue it's a bureaucracy issue that has a life of it's own no matter which political party is in charge. :|

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:05 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
Nonetheless, they did provide significant increases - I believe one of the largest in CF history - and the claim that they 'froze pay' is false.

EDIT: For the record, the Libs took office on November 4, 1993 and the pay increase was effective April 1 1999, so it was actually 5.42 years from the date that the Libs took office to the date that the pay increase was planned, budgeted for and placed into effect. Not 7 years as you suggest.

oh boy 5.4 years with out a raise.

A proud Liberal moment.

Brought to you by a paid Liberal shill.

PDT_Armataz_01_37

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:30 am

BRAH BRAH:
This isn't a Conservative, Liberal or NDP issue it's a bureaucracy issue that has a life of it's own no matter which political party is in charge. :|

Given that Harper is the connsumate micromanager, and has sent orders down the food chain to cut budgets and has cut so much out of ministries he doesn't like - I disagree. It's an issue of the MIFWIC, whoever is in office at the time.