Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:25 pm

herbie wrote:
2Cdo wrote:
Yep, 2 of the posters here reveal their mind-numbing hypocrisy and total disrespect towards a dead man because he wasn't one of "theirs". And a third showed up to just show that he also wasn't lacking in the hypocritical asshole trait.

I respect the dead and the alive who deserve it.
This guy doesn't get any.

How about these two individuals.

Quote:
“Hunter Tootoo has left the Liberal caucus and resigned from cabinet to seek treatment for addiction issues. This was his own choice after a very difficult situation. We will have nothing further to say on this matter,” Mr. Trudeau told reporters on Wednesday morning.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/pol ... e30235863/

Quote:
A letter by Doug Smith published Monday in the St. John’s Telegram asked why O’Regan didn’t inform voters of his personal issues before the Oct. 19 vote. It also asks why Trudeau did not require his friend to tackle his addiction prior to becoming a candidate.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:11 am

I didn't respect Jack Layton one bit while he was alive but I didn't act disrespectful when he died, unlike the usual suspects here. Your true colours were shown and they're pretty fucking ugly.

But like I said earlier, it didn't surprise me one bit.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:18 am

BeaverFever wrote:
Remember when the righties all thought this allegation was a lie manufactured by some sinister cabal at the Toronto Star to smear the greatest mayor in Canadian history?

The problem is that the campaign from the Star and the activist downtown left to take down Ford started long before the crack allegations surfaced. These people were looking to overturn an election result by any means necessary, but despite Ford making their job easier than it should have been, they still couldn't close the deal (think Brutus and Cassius with rubber knives). Cancer had to do the job for them.

The crack scandal wasn't motivation for these people. It was merely ammunition, just like the Republicans never really cared whether or not Bill Clinton was getting some on the side. What was sad in that case though was watching "progressive" feminists defend a man who had taken advantage of the most unequal power dynamic one could imagine to get a little action with a junior (in more than one sense) staffer. Rob Ford wasn't hurting anybody but himself with that crack pipe.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:25 am

Quote:
Cancer had to do the job for them.

No he was already a laughing stock on the way to being voted out of office when he revealed his cancer and substitute his brother Doug. If anything the cancer sympathy vote helped his campaign from then on.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:27 am

Not the first person to be dragged through the mud after his death and most certainly won't be the last. Either we outlaw all negative reporting on the dead, or we allow it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:31 am

raydan wrote:
Not the first person to be dragged through the mud after his death and most certainly won't be the last. Either we outlaw all negative reporting on the dead, or we allow it.

I don't think the press will ever stop, but decent people can voice their displeasure to them and take the higher ground.

Unlike some fucking oxygen thieves who think this is fine, as long as it's someone they don't admire.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:33 am

BeaverFever wrote:
Quote:

No he was already a laughing stock on the way to being voted out of office when he revealed his cancer and substitute his brother Doug. If anything the cancer sympathy vote helped his campaign from then on.

Says the lefty hack who probably mirrored the other "enlightened" ones who claimed he would never be elected the first time. Bunch of dummies that are far more wrong than not.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:33 am

2Cdo wrote:
I didn't respect Jack Layton one bit while he was alive but I didn't act disrespectful when he died, unlike the usual suspects here. Your true colours were shown and they're pretty fucking ugly.

What a joke, the ugliest member on this site calling other people out for what is your standards M.O.

Unlike Ford, Layton wasn't a toxic personality who launched hateful personal attacks on a daily basis. Nor was he a "tough on crime" politician who wants to hang criminals and drug addicts from the rafters while secretly being an addict and criminal associate. This is the third time in this thread that I've called this out and in typical fashion the righties don't even acknowledge it because they know it's true and it totally dismantle their false and half baked partisan argumentss

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:16 am

BeaverFever wrote:
Quote:

If Ford had stayed in the mayoral race and lost, it would have been to another conservative, suburb-friendly candidate who lacked the behavioural issues. Once again, the David Miller legacy continuation/restoration candidate placed third. There simply aren't enough bike-riding, car-hating "creatives" in the core to be the determining factor in a Toronto mayoral race. Miller was an aberration, which the people of Toronto were wise enough to use as a cautionary tale on the perils of electing urbanist social engineers. Now if Tory would only fire Keesmaat.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:23 am

BeaverFever wrote:
2Cdo wrote:

What a joke, the ugliest member on this site calling other people out for what is your standards M.O.

Unlike Ford, Layton wasn't a toxic personality who launched hateful personal attacks on a daily basis. Nor was he a "tough on crime" politician who wants to hang criminals and drug addicts from the rafters while secretly being an addict and criminal associate. This is the third time in this thread that I've called this out and in typical fashion the righties don't even acknowledge it because they know it's true and it totally dismantle their false and half baked partisan argumentss

Your true colours shine brightly. Isn't there some other dead guys you can ridicule while jerking yourself.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:38 am

Quote:
Your true colours shine brightly. Isn't there some other dead guys you can ridicule while jerking yourself.

The Star won't ever quit either. I sometimes wonder if there are two additional "Atkinson Principles" that they don't bother to mention on their website:

7. Once an enemy, always an enemy (even if dead)
8. Families are not off limits

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:32 am

2Cdo wrote:
BeaverFever wrote:
2Cdo wrote:

You're not fooling anybody with your crocodile tears. You in particular spew more disrespectful and crass ugliness in one day than most others will in an entire year. Or maybe you're one if those typical right wing bullies who can act like a tough guy and dish out the ugliness by the pound but cries like a little bitch if someone retuns even an ounce of it back to you.
Ford was the same way, perhaps that's why you have such affinity for him, this gives you a glimpse of how all the people you've enjoyed spitting on your entire life will remember you when your time comes.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:33 am

Individualist wrote:
Quote:

The Star won't ever quit either. I sometimes wonder if there are two additional "Atkinson Principles" that they don't bother to mention on their website:

7. Once an enemy, always an enemy (even if dead)
8. Families are not off limits

Yeah cuz only the star reported this, right?

Did you notice that the video in the OP cane from the right-wing National Post?

Whose colours are shining now?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:39 am

Individualist wrote:
If Ford had stayed in the mayoral race and lost, it would have been to another conservative, suburb-friendly candidate who lacked the behavioural issues.

What the fuck are you talking about?? There weren't any such candidates in the race.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:15 am

Quote:
a "tough on crime" politician who wants to hang criminals and drug addicts from the rafters while secretly being an addict

Didn't know that. Even less respect now.
Seen the damage from crack firsthand, kids, adults, former friends. #1 problem on the rez's here, and had m store broken into and robber three times over the years by crackheads.
So fucking stupid they hid the loot in plastic bags, sank it in the lake and tried to pawn the soggy electronic shit at a shop half a block from my store. Real worthy of respect.