bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:46 pm

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/s ... TopStories

That's right folks, the Liberal Party is still bending us over and doing us hard, but this time its the Liberal senators that were doing it. None of the Conservative Senators knew about it, but every Liberal senator knew about it and used it. They can't even call this a senate theft as only the liberal senators knew what was going on.

Like I said earlier, the only way the Liberals can be seen as anything close to working FOR THE PEOPLE, is to simply fire anyone who is from the old guard and start fresh. They had their chance last year, but they blew it.

I just wonder what other funds are sitting around that we haven't found yet. Too bad the Conservatives brought in that nasty disclosure and audit system to find them. It will be interesting to see how all this unfolds. :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:03 pm

No one makes slush like the Liberals. That's typical.
ANother reason to axe the lot of them.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:41 pm

SJ-24 SJ-24:
None of the Conservative Senators knew about it, but every Liberal senator knew about it and used it.
$1:
Liberals, however, countered that there was nothing hidden or improper about the fund, and that LeBreton's own senators were involved in the program.

"There are three or four of her senators that sit on that committee," said Senator Jim Munson.

"Perhaps she should open a little light between her and them."

Liberal Senator George Furey accused LeBreton of using the same bipartisan theatrics that have marked the House of Commons, to help Prime Minister Stephen Harper make Senate reform a campaign issue.

"It's all about taking the Senate down another notch so (Harper) can use it in an election campaign," said Furey.

LeBreton

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:04 am

So, then, Scape, would you suggest that it's merely a coincidence that only Liberal senators knew about the fund, and only Liberal senators were using it?

"I, like god, do not play with dice and do not believe in coincidence."

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:36 am

I would state that SJ-24's statement didn't hold up to scrutiny. No suggestion needed.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:17 am

Insert the cricket sound.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:04 am

Scape Scape:
I would state that SJ-24's statement didn't hold up to scrutiny. No suggestion needed.

Scape, read the article again. The Liberal Senator suggests that conservative senators knew about it....But never names them. Would it not be politicaly wise for the Liberal's to name those Conservatives that knew about it...or that they used it? This is known in the political world as "Loading the gun with blanks". They know damn well they can aim the gun, but when the trigger is pulled no one gets shot because there is no real bullet.

Like I said above. this is only the beginning of more Liberal Money Machines being found. The AG will be singing like a bird about all the "Slush Funds' the Liberals have hid away. Ms. Fraser is pissed and when she gets pissed she works very hard to uncover the bullshit. It's no secret that she is angry about the Liberals forcing her out of many of those slush fund books years ago. She wants to see them and nothing is going to stop her. Rest assured the Liberals are about to fall like the PC's did under Ms. Campbell. The only good side to all this is that the Conservatives will make Dion an ambasador to washington and give him a nice house to live in with all the maides and drivers he can handle. That part of politics will never change. :roll:

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:24 pm

Scape Scape:

Which statement doesn't stand up to scrutiny? It all seems pretty factual.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

SJ-24 SJ-24:
The Liberal Senator suggests that conservative senators knew about it....But never names them. Would it not be politicaly wise for the Liberal's to name those Conservatives that knew about it...or that they used it?

How the committee was formed.
$1:
The signal that the Conservatives wanted changes to committees set off flurry of activity in the corridors around the red chamber Wednesday. Liberals were perplexed there had been no previous negotiation on the changes, despite the fact they have a majority in the upper chamber.

You might want to look into how the committee was set up and who they fired to get it. It's not the Liberals responsibility to inform the Tory senators what they can or can not do. That's her job and if she has a communication problem within her own ranks you can imagine how well she would telegraph her message to the people she is supposed to be working for.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:37 pm

Yet you find nothing wrong with the hushed slush fund Scape? Its that mentality that bothers me the most. Liberals seem to think that government money is something that should have to spend as they see fit without explanation of where it is going.... :roll:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:56 pm

Your statement is 'None of the Conservative Senators knew about it'. A crass attempt to make cheap political points at the expense of the senate. I have a problem with that considering your no expert on the inner working of the senate.

You have a problem with the liberals, fine. I have a problem when you using your problem to the attack an august system that is in place to serve all Canadians. Ultimately I support the idea of the senate and I am sympathetic to the platform of the liberal party. I see no evidence that this was a hushed fund but rather a fund that was not communicated by a senior Tory senator to her ranks. I do not see that as a fault of the system but rather a hallmark of lackluster leadership. Perhaps that is a symptom of the hasty changes made but I don't blame the Tory's for that as I am not an expert of the inner workings of the senior management of the Tory party but you don't see me making that accusation do you?

Last edited by Scape on Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:58 pm

I find it very hard to believe that someone who's been around as long as she has (Mulroney appointed her) doesn't know all the nooks and crannies in the Senate.

As far as I'm concerned, this looks like Con senators either better at budgeting or do less "work" in the Senate, nothing more.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:03 pm

Nice way to reverse ownership of the crime.
Maybe they pay to write their own books.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:14 pm

Wow, Scape. You just wasted 36 seconds of my time -- there is nothing in that article about the slush fund in question.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:26 am

ridenrain ridenrain:
Nice way to reverse ownership of the crime.
Maybe they pay to write their own books.

How is it a crime?

There was a fund and they used it. If the Cons didn't, that's their problem. Con senators even sat on the committee that oversaw the fund. So to call it a secret slush fund and insinuate wrong-doing is BS.

Typical spin-doctoring from RR...