CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:13 am

I know many of you don't like Conrad Black but he does have a way with words. I don't condone Rob Ford's behaviour but I don't condone what the Star has done either.

I hadn't read before that the Star actually sent out letters to 70 prominent Torontonians urging them to agitate for Ford’s removal — and threatening to print their names if they didn’t join in That alone should be cause for concern, concern that any newspaper would try to intimidate well known people into taking up their quest to remove a duly elected politician.

It's a long article and IMO worth a read, I won't copy any of it here.

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/201 ... operation/

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:29 am

Well, Ford went after The Star tooth and claws, so I suppose it shouldn't be a surprise. Ford SHOULD HAVE BEEN GONE BY NOW.

You are right, though. A mailing campaign like that is no better than robocalling.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:53 am

I notice that the Star letter isn't actually "agitating for Fords removal" as Black suggests. . It instead asks those prominent Torontonians " for your views in Ford's political record, and whether he remains fit for office". Clear difference that someone if Blacks education should ve abke ti understand.

So this is more exaggerated hyperbole from the same people who can't help but lie and make up exaggerated accusations against their foe, the Star ( see: 'taking pictures of my kids' 'fabricated crack allegations', etc.)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:51 am

I don't doubt that the Star has a lot of credibility problems due to their extreme ideological bent. The problem for Ford is that he has even less credibility than the Star does. At this stage in the trainwreck it's almost like Charlie Sheen bitching and moaning about the National Enquirer and TMZ.

And Conrad Black? Yes, he's a very erudite felon and corporate criminal. He should stick with writing history books because his opinion on the difference between right and wrong has less credibility than Rob Ford and the Toronto Star put together.