CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:08 am

Love the comments.
Guess they won't be voting Liberal..

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:00 am

It’s a nice change to have a Prime Minister that actually sounds and looks like a world leader. Instead of someone that looks like they were just taking a break from their clown job. When ever there was a photo op of the G8 it wasn’t hard to pick out Jean or Paul, it kind of reminded me of the Sesame Street song.

"One of these people don’t look like the other"
"One of these people just doesn’t belong"

Forum Addict
Forum Addict

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:57 am

It's nice to have a PM that is more interested in Canada than just Quebec and Ontario. His leadership is rather by the book, but lets face it, a real leader takes charge and bitch slaps those that deserve it. Without true order, you just become the LIEbral Party and soon you find your own people digging into the social fund and having a good time at our expense!

Last edited by SJ-24 on Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:29 am

I'm in favor of developing the Canadian Military to satisfy it's own needs. Of particular importance is the NW passage and Northern lands with global warming and loss of restrictive ice a seeming forgone conclusion. I do not however, support developing the military to the degree necessary for becoming a "world power" and military adventurism that goes with it. The US has dumped huge resources into their recent outings. They will be paying for generations. I don't want the same for Canada.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:53 am

His speeches are interesting to me. I like how he mixes quotes from other world leaders than came before him. That is something I like about this Prime Minster. People can knock him off or attack him but I think he is a good person and does mean well and also cares about Canada. He does not have the most charisma but I think he knows that. So he lists more about policy rather than try to be the wittiest or sugar coat everything he says.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:57 am

I don't know. I find his self deprecating remarks, especially about his wife, funny and encouraging. I also think he cares about Canada. I just hope he can think for himself and not take the CPC down the same road as the current batch of Republicans. I don't think this is possible with a united right. Real "c"onservatives and Theocons shouldn't mix.