bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:29 pm

baylee baylee:
$1:
The news report at the start shows that the Afghan police/army forces surrounded possibly 200 taliban, and are asking for a surender. That's a far step from saying the mission is a failure.

The (MISSION? ) is a failure.

Most normal people who dont live in denial know that.

And the mess in Afghanistan has everything to do with Iraq.

They are one and the same

Again, deny if you want

Prove it in you're own thread. I'll give you extra points if it can be dome without using moonbat websites or class plays as proof.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:34 pm

ridenrain ridenrain:
Prove it in you're own thread.

Prove wha?.
That the mess in Afghanistan is a result of the Iraqi occupation disaster?

That Canadians are dieing in Afghanistan for no good reason is because of the American occupation of Iraq?

After all these years someone needs proof of that?

I can only shake my head in disbelief

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:38 pm

ridenrain ridenrain:
Are you suggesting that Canada build a Guantonimo North, bring Afghans to a foreign country and inprison them here? That's what Dion is now suggesting..

No where did you get that from? I never said that. It is a stupid ill conceived idea and even Dion now realizes it. I think he should have thought it out a little more before saying something so idiotic.

BTW don't try to bait me 'rain. I have my own mind and do not blindly follow a leader if he is wrong.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:45 pm

You say "The (MISSION? ) is a failure."
You are wrong and the 2 news clips in this thread, and numbers of others have shown that the Taliban are losing and the Afghan people are winning.
Their per-capita income has doubled and the aid & rebuilding is catching on. Afghan families are also welcomming schools and have been actively defending them from the Taliban who would burn them down because they know it will make the lives of their children better.

All you talk is rubbish, inuendo and Iraqi straw men.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:52 pm

baylee baylee:
$1:
The news report at the start shows that the Afghan police/army forces surrounded possibly 200 taliban, and are asking for a surender. That's a far step from saying the mission is a failure.

Again, deny if you want

Well I'm just going to take the word of someone whos been to Afghanistan over yours. No matter how bad you want it to be the mission in Afghanistan is not Iraq.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:54 pm

BluesBud BluesBud:
ridenrain ridenrain:
Are you suggesting that Canada build a Guantonimo North, bring Afghans to a foreign country and inprison them here? That's what Dion is now suggesting..

No where did you get that from? I never said that. It is a stupid ill conceived idea and even Dion now realizes it. I think he should have thought it out a little more before saying something so idiotic.

BTW don't try to bait me 'rain. I have my own mind and do not blindly follow a leader if he is wrong.

:-)

$1:
We just need to pull the powers that be in Afganistan into the current century. So they can understand that human rights issues are also important in breaking the Taliban's hold on their population.

Based on the above, I guess I assumed that this was a leftover from the torture allegations from our enemies.

The Afghan army and it's forces are very young and their victims of the same brutal groups that beat Afghans back to the dark ages. The RCMP have a number of members over there, teaching them how to run a police force. Just as it was unfair to believe that their first elected government in a decade would be perfect, it's just as unrealistic to expect the same as their police.

For example, Canada's state police are fighting a huge corruption scandel and their the "pride" of the country.

NATO's forces are leading by example and I've no doubt that the Afghans will learn and follow.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:03 pm

ridenrain ridenrain:
BluesBud BluesBud:
ridenrain ridenrain:

:-)

$1:
We just need to pull the powers that be in Afganistan into the current century. So they can understand that human rights issues are also important in breaking the Taliban's hold on their population.

Based on the above, I guess I assumed that this was a leftover from the torture allegations from our enemies.

The Afghan army and it's forces are very young and their victims of the same brutal groups that beat Afghans back to the dark ages. The RCMP have a number of members over there, teaching them how to run a police force. Just as it was unfair to believe that their first elected government in a decade would be perfect, it's just as unrealistic to expect the same as their police.

For example, Canada's state police are fighting a huge corruption scandel and their the "pride" of the country.

NATO's forces are leading by example and I've no doubt that the Afghans will learn and follow.
I was commenting on the torture. I don't think we need to set up a Gutmo here or over there. We do how ever need to make the Afghan government understand that any prisoners we turn over need to be treated with safe conduct. Within reason.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:05 pm

Maybe the NATO forces "in the rear with the gear" that don't want to get into harms way, can help with this issue.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:08 pm

Daniel Pearle thought the same way as Baylee/Segment/Ladybug even after they beat the crap out of him. When he felt the blade cut his jugular, he had an epiphany no doubt.

We are winning the battle for the hearts and minds in Afghanistan and the Taliban are losing...big time.

Iraq is a totally different matter----Iran and syria complicate that.........

As if shiite VS Sunnite VS Kurd doesn't complicate it enough.

:roll:

Last edited by sasquatch2 on Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:09 pm

I agree, but what constitutes a fair trial and punishment, and when do we accept that their ready for our standards. Their average population is still poor and unedjucated and the idea of going to the cops with a problem still brings back ideas of corruption and abuse. It's going to take time.

We also need to look at where this is comming from because it's been shown again and again that AlQueda and such use claims of abuse to garner media atention and defence of usefull idiots.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:31 pm

Schleihauf Schleihauf:

Well I'm just going to take the word of someone whos been to Afghanistan over yours. No matter how bad you want it to be the mission in Afghanistan is not Iraq.

Well I dont want it to be bad( dead Canadian kids)

bush has been to Iraq, and he says things are improving.I guess you believe that also

And yes, the Afghanistan (MISSION?) is because of Iraq

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:14 pm

What is that stink?
Oh, it's one trick pony droppings.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:09 pm

$1:
Signs of progress can be found in Kandahar City

Jonathan Fowlie, CanWest News Service
Published: Tuesday, April 24, 2007

KANDAHAR, Afghanistan—Hidden within the confines of a cobblestone courtyard, and just beyond the flaps of a large white tent, progress is quietly being made in Kandahar City.

Within those walls, a class of young girls were doing what their counterparts could mostly only dream about just a few years ago - getting a daily education.

“The girls have joined the school since the Taliban regime collapsed and this new regime took over,” Abdul Aziz, the school’s principal said Tuesday. “Fortunately, when we got the Islamic Republic state of Afghanistan, they put more attention towards education and training.”

[...]

When asked why Aziz continues to take on the risk to run a school, especially one that teaches girls, he said he does it because he wants to serve his country.

“Education is very important to stability in Afghanistan. It is very positive,” he said Tuesday through an interpreter. “Schools are one of the very important sources. If we have schools it means we are going to have a very bright future.”

In one class of almost 30 young girls at Aziz’s school on Tuesday, many of the students spoke proudly and confidently of their ambitions, and of their plans for the future.

“Engineer,” said one girl when asked what career she wants to pursue.

“Doctor,” added another.

“Teacher,” called out a third.

It was a scene that would have been virtually unthinkable under a Taliban regime, one where women could only study the Koran until age eight, and then were banned from any kind of education.

Aziz, who became a teacher about five years ago, said part of the reason he is able to operate his school is because the security situation in Kandahar City has been getting continually better.

It's beyond me that the NDP and the Liberals are against this. Isn't this exactly what we want Canada to look like to the rest of the world? Canada, building a country future.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:26 pm

baylee baylee:
$1:

Again, deny if you want

how so? I don't deny things, i seek truth. show me how this statement is truthful, and I may choose to believe it.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:48 pm

baylee baylee:
And yes, the Afghanistan (MISSION?) is because of Iraq

How can this be when the war in Afghanistan started BEFORE the war in Iraq?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5 ... 8  Next