CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:06 am

The soldiers in Afghanistan will be watching the next federal election with interest.

If you believe the latest polls the Conservative party will get a majority and if that happens then there will be more of our men and women in our armed forces coming home in our flag draped coffins.

Our soldiers are the best trained military and they will do their jobs with honour and valour but in war people die and we trust our leaders to keep them out of harms way.

For the next four years with a Conservative majority they will push on, in a combative role for our soldiers and they will fight and die while the rest of the UN force will rebuild Afghanistan like Canada was supposed to do from the start.

Stephen Harper wants to please the Americans so much that he is willing to commit our soldiers for the most dangerous missions just like England did to the Australians in the Boar War I think.

United States is preparing to pull out their troops from Iraq and Afghanistan and for some reason the Conservative party wants to increase our military presence in Afghanistan and who knows Iraq and maybe Iran.

On Remembrance Day when we think of fallen soldiers and the new additions of names on the war memorials all over Canada, we will also have to remember our federal government and get the vote right in the next federal election

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:14 am

Even Liberals support movement in Afghanistan.

I ahte it when people say "Support the Troops, Bring them Home".

How the fuck - Oh forget this. It's 3:15 AM, I'm going to bed.

I'll let someone else school your ass.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:32 am

tibor54 tibor54:
The soldiers in Afghanistan will be watching the next federal election with interest.

Actually, in the next election, they'll be voting... Conservative.

$1:
If you believe the latest polls the Conservative party will get a majority and if that happens then there will be more of our men and women in our armed forces coming home in our flag draped coffins.

This is close being one of the stupidest things I have ever read.

$1:
Our soldiers are the best trained military and they will do their jobs with honour and valour but in war people die and we trust our leaders to keep them out of harms way.

Like the Liberals did when they opened the Afghanistan mission to debate and a vote?

...wait a minute...

$1:
For the next four years with a Conservative majority they will push on, in a combative role for our soldiers and they will fight and die while the rest of the UN force will rebuild Afghanistan like Canada was supposed to do from the start.

Actually, more Canadian soldiers would die if they focused on rebuilding Afghanistan than on fighting the Taliban. Unless you have some sort of miracle plan for building roads and schools while militants are car-bombing you...

$1:
Stephen Harper wants to please the Americans so much that he is willing to commit our soldiers for the most dangerous missions just like England did to the Australians in the Boar War I think.

And yet it was the Liberals who committed Canada to the combat role to begin with.

$1:
United States is preparing to pull out their troops from Iraq and Afghanistan and for some reason the Conservative party wants to increase our military presence in Afghanistan and who knows Iraq and maybe Iran.

Where the hell are you getting your news? The Americans just committed additional troops to Afghanistan!

$1:
On Remembrance Day when we think of fallen soldiers and the new additions of names on the war memorials all over Canada, we will also have to remember our federal government and get the vote right in the next federal election

According to the polls, Canadians are ready to get their vote right in the next election... by continuing to vote Conservative.

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:50 am

As a soldier myself, I can say most of us understand why we are there and believe in the mission. This is what we signed up for! We have liberated a country from an oppressive regime and we will stay there until its stable and safe enough to leave. We have brought freedom to people that had nothing but fear.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:48 am

tibor54: Let me commend you on a fresh version of the same old scare spin. Not to the make light of the combat casualties but I wonder how many have been killed, injured, by failures or the inability of the Sea Kings to fufill the mission, since Chretien cancelled their replacement. More troops get killed by poor equipment than by combat.
I'm happy the Canadian forces are in the media and important to Canadians again but I'm not happy that their being used as a political pawn by the Liberals.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:25 am

tibor54 tibor54:

Harper's going to do that?! the swine!

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:58 am

tibor54 tibor54:

I agree about the coffins but the most recent polls show Harper still far from a majority

$1:
Tories Edge Ahead Of Grits But Still A Stalemate As Only Minority Government Viable
No Apparent Advantage For Any Party To Go To Polls Early,

March 3, 2007

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:43 am

So...the Conservative Party is dangerous for our soldiers...because they actually use them? Why does nothing you say make sense tibor?

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:50 am

Patrick_Ross Patrick_Ross:
tibor54 tibor54:

$1:

I dont think it is stupid at all.

Harper would like nothing more than to show bush he is also quite capable to send soldiers to their death for no good reason at all.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:55 am

baylee baylee:
tibor54 tibor54:

$1:

I dont think it is stupid at all.

Harper would like nothing more than to show bush he is also quite capable to send soldiers to their death for no good reason at all.

Next soldier you see, tell him that what he does means nothing, that his friends died for nothing and that everything he does is a sham in the eyes of the nation. If you don't have the balls to do that, don't come here and spout your bullshit.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:04 am

tibor54 tibor54:

Pardon? No I will not. I trust them as far as I can throw them. I'll vote independent if I have one, thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:09 am

As for the thread, Our boys are there to do a job, and we are not afraid to fight to get it done. In fact, we have to fight, because no one else is willing to. If we stop fighting, like we did before we went back to Kandahar, we will be just like the rest of those "allies" of ours who are hiding in the quiet north. No thanks. We have to kill off the Taliban to make it possible to rebuild the country. If we do not fight, the taliban will walk in and destroy everything we work hard to build.

Let's get 'em boys! Oi Oi Oi!

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:21 am

themasta themasta:

Next soldier you see, tell him that what he does means nothing, that his friends died for nothing and that everything he does is a sham in the eyes of the nation.

Pleanty of soldiers are saying that themselves.
Maybe you can say why they are dieing.
The CONS said they are there to get revenge for the Canadians who died on 9/11
Well so far more have died than on 9/11

$1:
Alison Auld, Canadian Press
Published: Monday, March 12, 2007
Article tools

HALIFAX (CP) - Family members of a Canadian soldier killed in Afghanistan eight months ago in an apparent accidental shooting say the military has told them virtually nothing about his death, leaving them frustrated and pleading with Defence officials for details.

I am sure these parents are wondering what their son died for

Last edited by baylee on Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:23 am

Haha, look at all the stupid noobs. They are flying back north for the spring.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:28 am

Tricks Tricks:
Haha, look at all the stupid noobs. They are flying back north for the spring.

ROTFL