Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:58 pm

Yeah well at least it wasn't one of the many forms of the "f-word'.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:11 pm

That's not an excuse at all! :lol:

Either way, it makes you look terribly crass. :lol:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:48 pm

sasquatch2 sasquatch2:
Mustang1
$1:
You "recall"?!?!? We're to take that giant empty maw that you ostensibly call a head and believe anything that comes rolling out? You're so fucktastically stupid that you've mixed me up with someone else! I've never claimed (go ahead, dipwad, find the post to prove me wrong) to have law-enforcement experience or a job as a bouncer. You poor stupid creature, your mashed intellect is so shitastically defective that you can't even differentiate posters.

Okay I was wrong! You exhibit absolutely no evidence of anything beyond a grade 9 dropout.

IMHO.....I leave the definitive judgement to others.

Swift move, monkey stain. You're so incontrovertibly dumb that you can't keep poster's information straight. Sorry, dipwad, but that's indicative of your crappy intellect and creeping dementia. Either way, you're a f*uckwad and like always, wrong

Back to the corner, knuckle-dragger.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:59 pm

NWCanuck NWCanuck:
As for the initial post I'd say it's better than what I had, but then I didn't study much in the way of Arts. I'd say that we should try being at least bilingual, and maybe trilingual. The rather shamefull realization that most Canucks speak 1 language was driven home when I started travelling and most people spoke my language and I didn't speak theirs. Really, the addition of French to mainstream culture won't hurt us and probably open a couple of doors for trade and tourism. At least our future generations will have more than one language to swear in;). As for it's utility - being able to deal with a community in both Europe and the developing nations in a language other than English could potentially be benefical and french is a language that will do that.

The better educated we are the better chances we have of staying in a first world position globally. If forced to formulate a political standpoint as a westerner, I look at it as a way of placing the old anti francophone facade where it belongs - in the past. I don't care what Trudeau or any other idiotic federal politician said or where or when they said it, I'd rather pick up some Canadian french than some American english (or any other language - not trying to bash the neigbors). Call me a patriot if you must.

What would you suggest as a third language? I wouldn't suggest a trilingual country though, but being taught more languages than 2 in school might be a good plan.

I was taught 4 languages in highschool, and I always benefitted from it, although I am only fluent in 1. And that is not English ;-)

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:11 pm

Mustang1
$1:
Swift move, monkey stain. You're so incontrovertibly dumb that you can't keep poster's information straight. Sorry, dipwad, but that's indicative of your crappy intellect and creeping dementia. Either way, you're a f*uckwad and like always, wrong

I refuse to dignify that with a response.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:32 pm

sasquatch2 sasquatch2:
Mustang1
$1:

And yet, you responded. Dumb.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:47 pm

Mustang1 Mustang1:
sasquatch2 sasquatch2:
Mustang1
$1:

Join the club.

You, Dayseed and I can have a running count of people who post that "they won't respond to us anymore" and then subsequently do.

That makes 1 for each of us in the last 48 hours.

Gratifying isn't it? :lol:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:58 pm

DerbyX DerbyX:
Mustang1 Mustang1:
sasquatch2 sasquatch2:
Mustang1
$1:

Join the club.

You, Dayseed and I can have a running count of people who post that "they won't respond to us anymore" and then subsequently do.

That makes 1 for each of us in the last 48 hours.

Gratifying isn't it? :lol:

Usually this poor wretched creature parrots my slams, bastardizes the English language, brags about Denny's education, craps the thread and then lets loose with the clarion call of the cognitively challenged: "HEE HEE HAW HAW"

He's so dense that I doubt he realizes he made yet another f*ck up.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:00 pm

Regardless it's dubious origins bilingualism in Canada is in principle affirmative action for "pure laine" Quebecers........Not just total fluency in french is required but a family tree which predates the conquest helps.....proficiency in English is not a requirement to be "bi-lingual".

Cretin was the exception.....although recognized as bilingual...he couldn't speak either official language with any degree of proficiency.......but he could count money.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:17 am

sasquatch2 sasquatch2:
Aging_Redneck

$1:
isn't it Kindergarden ?

Much as it distresses me, the wanna-be intellectual is correct.

It is a German word adopted directly.

What is amazing is that this twit has nothing more to contribute than personal attacks and meaningless obstreperousness about minor spelling errors. I specualte that he always uses spell check and without that asset would be irretrevably lost.

He seems to have a lot of issues (but don't we all). I recall he claimed law-enforcement experience, and then fell back on claims of being a "bouncer". That is not really an occupation requiring a great deal of formal education and that is clearly obvious.

I knew a lot of law enforcement students in Lethbridge that took bouncer jobs to get experience with fighting. IIRC, the police force tended to frown upon it, so they ussually didn't put it on their resumes.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:15 am

sasquatch2 sasquatch2:
Regardless it's dubious origins bilingualism in Canada is in principle affirmative action for "pure laine" Quebecers........Not just total fluency in french is required but a family tree which predates the conquest helps.....proficiency in English is not a requirement to be "bi-lingual".

Cretin was the exception.....although recognized as bilingual...he couldn't speak either official language with any degree of proficiency.......but he could count money.

Hmm...it would appear that samsquantch has abandoned his initial tact that the article was a clown written crook (we assume that was supposed to be "crock") of revisionist history and chalk full of lies. Oh...the life of an intellectual coward.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:32 am

Very good find Bodah.

Though it is inacurate or, incomplete in certain areas. ''La Revolt des Patriots'' wasnt only Lower Canada, but Upper Canada that revolted as well. For somewhat the same reasons; Democracy. As it was before does revolts, Parlement in both Upper and Lower Canada had next to no powers. He doesnt mention that at all.

After they crushed does revolts, I think Durham recommended uniting Upper and Lower Canada, Anglophones also, now became the majority and thought it could result in assimilation.

Great read, pretty much exactly what we are teached here in Québec, even though many might think otherwise.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:40 am

I think all canadians have to be bilingual, there is any problem.

Especially if we see that in the developped world, citizens of several countries speak fluently English & French added to their local language.

So it's stupid to be fundamentalist 4 one langue than other

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:10 am

you people need to study the history and get a copy of the BNA act and the constitution... then get a grip... bilingualism is here to stay...French/English English/French.......... Vive le Quebec ! Vive le Canada ! ensemble ! The Plains of Abraham didnt settle anything .. that was hammered out long after that.... and like I say until English as a language is threatened ( and it will be ) then and only then will they understand why Quebec wants to protect French...

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:45 pm

La resistance est futile.....vous sera assimilee.