bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:55 am

2Cdo 2Cdo:
Sure there are some who hate based on race, but most don't like Obama for his policies and his party. I guess all blacks who didn't vote for Bush must be racist as well. :roll:

andy made a stupid comment, and the only point he made was to show his ignorance.

Maybe you perceived it that way but he didn't. He never said you had to like the guy because he was black, only that some people don't like him because he is. Now... it you believe that there is absolutely no racism white on black in the USA, we may have a problem. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:02 am

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
Excellent response from JT:

I'm still not sold on him yet (have to wait and see what his platform looks like), but I definitely like that he took the high road on this.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:11 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
OnTheIce OnTheIce:

I'm still not sold on him yet (have to wait and see what his platform looks like), but I definitely like that he took the high road on this.

Meh, I'd call it more of the mediocre road. All he did was mouth the same old tired platitudes we hear during pretty much every election run, but never actually see after the elections.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:14 am

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
Gunnair Gunnair:
JT took his shirt off in mock burlesque for charity and you turn on the partisan puritan missives and lay it on thick how people ought to act.

Cause it's cheesy and unprofessional and not fitting for a MOP.

If you find that acceptable from your Members of Parliament, by all means...but I don't.

Clearly you don't unless of course you're a mayor of TO then all if the unprofessional conduct gets a by.

Or is it simply a difference in professions? :)

Last edited by Gunnair on Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:15 am

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
bootlegga bootlegga:
OnTheIce OnTheIce:

Meh, I'd call it more of the mediocre road. All he did was mouth the same old tired platitudes we hear during pretty much every election run, but never actually see after the elections.

What were you hoping to see two years ahead of an election and just days after taking over the party?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:17 am

Gunnair Gunnair:

Clearly you don't unless of course your a mayor of TO then all if the unprofessional conduct gets a by.

Perhaps had I said that unprofessional actions get a pass, that would make sense, but it doesn't.

Just because you like some the work a politician has done doesn't mean you accept and agree with all the mistakes they've made. [B-o]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:20 am

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
Gunnair Gunnair:

Clearly you don't unless of course your a mayor of TO then all if the unprofessional conduct gets a by.

Perhaps had I said that unprofessional actions get a pass, that would make sense, but it doesn't.

Just because you like some the work a politician has done doesn't mean you accept and agree with all the mistakes they've made. [B-o]

Well it does means you'll through up a partisan Defence to the bitter end though:)

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:21 am

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
...far more class than taking one's clothes off for a bush-league event.
The Canadian Liver Foundation is bush-league?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:23 am

Gunnair Gunnair:
OnTheIce OnTheIce:
Gunnair Gunnair:

Well it does means you'll through up a partisan Defence to the bitter end though:)

Gun, I appreciate your need to take swipes at people but take a little time, spell them correctly and ensure they make sense.

You're just swinging for the fences looking to get a rise out of people lately and you keep coming up empty. Sad.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:32 am

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
Unsound Unsound:
Is it more or less cheesy and unprofessional than singing beatles tunes?

Not even in the same league. Playing an instrument and singing at a charity event isn't bad at all....when Clinton did it or even Jack Layton...far more class than taking one's clothes off for a bush-league event.

A bush-league event? It was a charity fundraiser just like Harper and Clinton performed at. The obvious difference being when you're a nation's leader or ex-leader, you get invited to more high-profile events.
Besides that, JT had less clothing on when he "fought" Brazeau so I'm not sure what's so unsavoury about undressing down to one's undershirt while performing a mock strip-tease at a charity fundraiser. I mean c'mon, it's not like he got naked and did the "Propeller".

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:45 am

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
OnTheIce OnTheIce:
Unsound Unsound:
Is it more or less cheesy and unprofessional than singing beatles tunes?

Not even in the same league. Playing an instrument and singing at a charity event isn't bad at all....when Clinton did it or even Jack Layton...far more class than taking one's clothes off for a bush-league event.

A bush-league event? It was a charity fundraiser just like Harper and Clinton performed at. The obvious difference being when you're a nation's leader or ex-leader, you get invited to more high-profile events.
Besides that, JT had less clothing on when he "fought" Brazeau so I'm not sure what's so unsavoury about undressing down to one's undershirt while performing a mock strip-tease at a charity fundraiser. I mean c'mon, it's not like he got naked and did the "Propeller".

I'm sure the charity is a noble organization, I think this particular event is bush.

Would we be singing the praises of the event if it was Peter McKay or Rona Ambrose? I think the sentiment would be quite different.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:48 am

Only in the minds of douchebag partisan hacks.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:49 am

Lemmy Lemmy:
Only in the minds of douchebag partisan hacks.

Stay classy, professor.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:51 am

OnTheIce OnTheIce:

I'm sure the charity is a noble organization, I think this particular event is bush.
Good grief Icy.
OnTheIce OnTheIce:
Would we be singing the praises of the event if it was Peter McKay or Rona Ambrose? I think the sentiment would be quite different.
Well, for sure if it was Rona I would have been paying more attention!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:56 am

OnTheIce OnTheIce:

We know you'd be singing the praises of the event.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 11  12  13  14  15  16  Next