CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:36 am

With the polls possibly opening soon those of us intending to vote Conservative should think twice for one simple reason -
multiple attempts by our current Conservative government to pass into Canadian law Bill C-7 which is very similar to the U.S.A's Patriot Act.

The people of Canada agree with The Canadian Bar Association in declaring, "Bill C-7, the Public Safety Act, 2002, poses a serious threat to the privacy, individual rights and freedoms of Canadians, and should not be passed. The CBA is also calling for a comprehensive review of all recent security-focused measures."

THERE IS A PETITION AVAILABLE AT PETITIONSPOT UNDER THE NAME STOPCDNPATRIOTACT

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:40 am

So you think I shouldn't vote conservative because they support a bill that the Liberals brought in?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:42 am

You bet and here's why: The NDP Party is a choice that isn't far from winning, and the mindset they present is new and refreshing. Politicians need to wake up and smell our Earth burning. Global warming needs to be dealt with and the NDP Windpower Plan is an excellent step in that direction.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:48 am

cdnchomsky cdnchomsky:
You bet and here's why: The NDP Party is a choice that isn't far from winning, and the mindset they present is new and refreshing. Politicians need to wake up and smell our Earth burning. Global warming needs to be dealt with and the NDP Windpower Plan is an excellent step in that direction.
That's not an option for me. I dislike the NDP I've seen the damage they've done in BC, and in my opinion they are traitorous to our military. The Conservatives although not perfect represent my values and beliefs more than any party in Canada could.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:48 am

The NDP is far from winning.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:53 am

The damage done in BC is true, and it can be said for some consolation that BC's economy is a little hurting to begin with. I'd say NDP in a place such as my province of Alberta could thrive and set a better example. The Conservatives do represent Canadian values such as economic growth. The end. Forget about our neighbour waging war internationally, forget about global warming.
For example, when should a government fire an environment minister for speaking up about the severity of a global issue? Ponder that.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:22 am

cdnchomsky cdnchomsky:

Exactly. They're not far from winning, they're miles away from winning.

The NDP will do to Canada what they did to PC and Ontario which is why it'll be a cold day in hell when we see a NDP PM.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:26 am

I'd say you're much more likely to suck votes from the Libs than the CPC, and you're "American style" fear-mongering reguarding the the Public Safety Act is rubbish. The NDP still has no hope.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:56 am

"Voting Conservative? Then You're Voting For a Canadian Patri"

I'm guessing that should look like:

"Voting Conservative? Then You're Voting For a Canadian Patriot Act"

The NDP....

My only problem with the NDP is what they think of the Military.

Other then that, I wouldn't mind them in power.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:15 am

You know what, I've been through the criminal justice system, a couple times. Done time, and still this bill doesn't scare me. I can not for the life of me find fault or fear in something, that really won't effect those that abide by the law and live within the rather broad confines of a very liberal society.

If you're not a criminal, terrorist, violent activist etc, then this bill shouldn't be a bother.

Last edited by CDNBear on Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:23 am

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the bill only applies to foreigners and not Canadians and anytime they want to leave they can.

As for the NDP, simply put - every province they've touched has turned to shit. Why would anyone want to do that to Canada?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:42 am

It isn't foreigners, it is anyone the government decides is suspicious of terror. That could be the opposition leader if they want it to, with no evidence and no due legal process they could use this bill to persecute. IF WE LET IT PASS.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:59 am

cdnchomsky cdnchomsky:
It isn't foreigners, it is anyone the government decides is suspicious of terror. That could be the opposition leader if they want it to, with no evidence and no due legal process they could use this bill to persecute. IF WE LET IT PASS.
Not only do I highly doubt that, I believe that you're just being hysterical.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:05 am

The name you choose was enough for me to know nothing intelligible was going to come out of your keyboard.

Noam Chomsky? Please...............

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:08 am

Maybe those who oppose the bill have something to hide.