CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 10523
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:19 pm
 


N_Fiddledog wrote:
Oh, and I'm from west of Manitoba yet I know what the Trudeau sock meme was all about.

It's kind of last year though. The current one is PM Eyebrows.



...or lack thereof. :D


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8638
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:21 pm
 


And we should thank God that's how petty we have to be to gripe about the PM.


Offline
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Calgary Flames
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 2360
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:08 pm
 


ScottMayers wrote:
Are you east of Manitoba? Sometimes the Ontario, Quebec, and Maritime provinces think that they are all that Canada is.


First you were after the blind, and now anyone east of Manitoba? Wow, you certainly have the axe to grind as of late. Just because the 'Riders can't seem to get it done year after year, doesn't mean you have to take it out on everyone else!

[boxing]

N_Fiddledog wrote:
But how persuasive are you hoping to be if nobody knows exactly what you're talking about?

There's an irony to all this. If you don't spell out specifically what you're talking about and the generalities you do speak of are too vague to make sense of, all that's left to the reader is a suspicion of some sort of bias.

It's like, 'What's he hiding then?'


My thoughts exactly, but you beat me to it!

I see more babble than substance, unfortunately. It's a shame, because he looks to be able to have a good debate.

-J.


Offline
Junior Member
Junior Member
Profile
Posts: 46
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:30 pm
 


N_Fiddledog wrote:
ScottMayers wrote:
My background is to philosophy and logic. While I know speaking from particulars to the general is what adds value and clarity, when you DO speak with specifics, it tends to be interpreted that you have some particular bias to some extreme.


I think I get it. You seem to be saying you're against something but you can't tell us exactly what that is or what you would like to see done about it. Apparently, you see clarity as being the enemy of your argument - whatever that might be. You seem to be worried that if you get pinned down on the specifics of what you're talking about it will hurt your argument by revealing bias.

But how persuasive are you hoping to be if nobody knows exactly what you're talking about?

There's an irony to all this. If you don't spell out specifically what you're talking about and the generalities you do speak of are too vague to make sense of, all that's left to the reader is a suspicion of some sort of bias.

It's like, 'What's he hiding then?'

What YOU are trying to do is demand that I give you some personal motive to grant you reason to attack that rather than deal with the logical argument at hand.

The Logic of this thread is about why "DiversityTM" is or is not good as it is being forced upon us in Canada. The logic of this is faulty because it treats the GENERAL problems as due to SPECIFIC causes unique to one's cultures rather than due to differences of economic powers alone. There will always be a smaller plurality of the wealthy being more represented by 'culture' as their will be a collective set of pluralities of the poor being represented in some alternative 'cultures'. But 'culture' is not the cause of the problems but rather the EXCUSE to justify conserving one's power from being lost by the major plurality of those at the top of teh pyramid scheme of life and to justify repairing ones' conditions OF those cultural pluralities most represented by the ones on the bottom of that pyramid.

Lack of cultural diversity is NOT the actual CAUSES of the problems but the EXCUSES to make political laws to discriminate FOR or AGAINST specific people based on those who LIKE some cultures over others. Also, through time, the arrogance of the cultural supremacists everywhere IN the larger groups will evolutionarily weed out those in those economic classes that are not clearly of one cult or another.

What you want NOT to do is to solve the real problems. You want to TRADE (if you lack) or CONSERVE (if you have) the cultures of your own preferences with the economic controls. By making laws concerning culture, the extremes of the cultures who BELIEVE in their supremacy or others' inferiority take precedence in the power struggle of WHO gets the bigger pieces of the pie. The 'who' is never the individual who suffers but to those with the power to lobby as cults. The cults have the PASSION that favors their arrogance in contrast to those without 'identity'.

I have clearly enunciated the problem here. I do not require disproving EACH particular culture's claims for their proof of biases for themselves or against others. For this same kind of reasoning, I don't need to read each Scripture of EACH culture's religion and disprove each claim to prove they are faulty. I can use simpler 'general' argument, like that you cannot trust any book's validity simply because it claims to be 'true' testimonies of their Supreme Beings.


Offline
Junior Member
Junior Member
Profile
Posts: 46
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:44 pm
 


CDN_PATRIOT wrote:
ScottMayers wrote:
Are you east of Manitoba? Sometimes the Ontario, Quebec, and Maritime provinces think that they are all that Canada is.


First you were after the blind, and now anyone east of Manitoba? Wow, you certainly have the axe to grind as of late. Just because the 'Riders can't seem to get it done year after year, doesn't mean you have to take it out on everyone else!

[boxing]

N_Fiddledog wrote:
But how persuasive are you hoping to be if nobody knows exactly what you're talking about?

There's an irony to all this. If you don't spell out specifically what you're talking about and the generalities you do speak of are too vague to make sense of, all that's left to the reader is a suspicion of some sort of bias.

It's like, 'What's he hiding then?'


My thoughts exactly, but you beat me to it!

I see more babble than substance, unfortunately. It's a shame, because he looks to be able to have a good debate.

-J.

Wait, if it is you who cannot understand me, why do I have the burden to come to you but you not to me? This argument is itself about the problems of 'cultural diversity' to which this only proves my case. ...I'm not 'cultured' enough to GET your own hidden jokes about what the PM wears. His attire is not something I pay attention to nor require making fun of.

I wasn't even making fun of the blind in the least earlier. I was contrasting how some services are given ODD priorities that hint at actual discrimination elsewhere given the mandate of priority to sincere 'diversity' when it is NOT balanced in the population.

...Like if we oddly opted to have Chinese translation for the CBC news uniquely but not to French or English, given they are our "official languages"!! Would anyone be rightfully considered racist against the Chinese should they POINT this possibility out had it been true?


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33691

Warnings: (20%)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:16 am
 


ScottMayers wrote:
Wait, if it is you who cannot understand me,


ROTFL


Offline
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Calgary Flames
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 2360
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:52 am
 


ScottMayers wrote:
Wait, if it is you who cannot understand me, why do I have the burden to come to you but you not to me? This argument is itself about the problems of 'cultural diversity' to which this only proves my case.


If I or anyone else for that matter can't understand whatever the point it is you are trying to make, then instead of being informative, your argument becomes a farce more than anything. This whole piece of yours seems more like you are offering points to illicit an attack, so you can jusify your counterattack, while offering little to the overall debate.

You are against a few things, but then seem to have some kind of hidden agenda in terms of a solution, instead choosing to ramble on about other items, rather than answer any questions.

If you could possibly be more clear, and less rhetoric, it might work out better for you.

ScottMayers wrote:
I'm not 'cultured' enough to GET your own hidden jokes about what the PM wears. His attire is not something I pay attention to nor require making fun of.


This has nothing to do with being 'cultured'. It's just something funny that's gone coast to coast, one in a long line of follies attached to Mr. Trudeau.

I just happened to jump on the 'socks' thing a little later than most.

-J.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 22927
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:14 am
 


CDN_PATRIOT wrote:
I see more babble than substance, unfortunately.

The most common attribute of anyone associated with philosophy. Taking 30 words to write what can be done in 10.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8638
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:13 pm
 


Oh shit don't blame just Philosophy
Never wrote an English class essay?
Or a business proposal? That's 5000 words plus a half-hour PowerPoint!


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 22927
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:55 pm
 


herbie wrote:
Oh shit don't blame just Philosophy
Never wrote an English class essay?
Or a business proposal? That's 5000 words plus a half-hour PowerPoint!

My main exposure to it. My first year philosophy class was excruciating. Lecture 90 minutes talking about a philosophical point of view that could be established in 10 minutes.

I played many games of monopoly on my laptop in that class. What a fucking joke it was.


Offline
Junior Member
Junior Member
Profile
Posts: 46
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:53 pm
 


CDN_PATRIOT wrote:
ScottMayers wrote:
Wait, if it is you who cannot understand me, why do I have the burden to come to you but you not to me? This argument is itself about the problems of 'cultural diversity' to which this only proves my case.


If I or anyone else for that matter can't understand whatever the point it is you are trying to make, then instead of being informative, your argument becomes a farce more than anything. This whole piece of yours seems more like you are offering points to illicit an attack, so you can jusify your counterattack, while offering little to the overall debate.

You are against a few things, but then seem to have some kind of hidden agenda in terms of a solution, instead choosing to ramble on about other items, rather than answer any questions.

If you could possibly be more clear, and less rhetoric, it might work out better for you.

ScottMayers wrote:
I'm not 'cultured' enough to GET your own hidden jokes about what the PM wears. His attire is not something I pay attention to nor require making fun of.


This has nothing to do with being 'cultured'. It's just something funny that's gone coast to coast, one in a long line of follies attached to Mr. Trudeau.

I just happened to jump on the 'socks' thing a little later than most.

-J.

Thank you for you're own 'clarity'. But I can't read minds nor can force you to understand with simplistic symbols. THAT is for the 'rhetoric' you have opted to favor, not mine.


Offline
Junior Member
Junior Member
Profile
Posts: 46
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:00 pm
 


Tricks wrote:
herbie wrote:
Oh shit don't blame just Philosophy
Never wrote an English class essay?
Or a business proposal? That's 5000 words plus a half-hour PowerPoint!

My main exposure to it. My first year philosophy class was excruciating. Lecture 90 minutes talking about a philosophical point of view that could be established in 10 minutes.

I played many games of monopoly on my laptop in that class. What a fucking joke it was.

"Philosophy" is just the process of thinking, discussing, analysis, and decision making that expanded to become ALL education and even includes the politics being discussed in this very forum. If you think it is something difficult for you to understand, maybe you are preferring to be entertained only? Oh, yeah, that was why you were playing monopoly on your laptop! Duh?!


pssst: "PhD" stands for "Philosophical Doctrine" ....that degree you get to when you actually accomplish the level of appreciation of what 'philosophy" actually means.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8638
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:26 pm
 


Tricks wrote:
herbie wrote:
Oh shit don't blame just Philosophy
Never wrote an English class essay?
Or a business proposal? That's 5000 words plus a half-hour PowerPoint!

My main exposure to it. My first year philosophy class was excruciating. Lecture 90 minutes talking about a philosophical point of view that could be established in 10 minutes.

I played many games of monopoly on my laptop in that class. What a fucking joke it was.

SHUSH! You got 3 easy credits, so did I heh heh....


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
Profile
Posts: 1068
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:27 am
 


Looks like Trudeau’s virtue-signalling around feminism and sexual conduct is biting him in his privileged ass. That’s the problem with a major party throwing itself so enthusiastically into identity politics and allying itself with social media lynch mobs. It’s like setting fire to your neighbourhood and hoping the flames miss your house.


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1736
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:17 am
 


Individualist wrote:
Looks like Trudeau’s virtue-signalling around feminism and sexual conduct is biting him in his privileged ass. That’s the problem with a major party throwing itself so enthusiastically into identity politics and allying itself with social media lynch mobs. It’s like setting fire to your neighbourhood and hoping the flames miss your house.

R=UP R=UP


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 10  11  12  13  14  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.