CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
Profile
Posts: 1068
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:44 pm
 


There are two groups of people who insist that the only two political choices we have are communism and fascism, those groups being communists and fascists. But even on the moderate left there is a forgiving attitude towards communism, a belief that while fascism is inherently evil, communism is only “potentially evil” or “evil if you get the recipe wrong”. In the revisionist history being sold by the modern (uh, postmodern) left, the crimes of the Soviet Union were merely a misapplication of Marxism, or a deliberate corruption of the ideology by one power-mad individual.

We’re supposed to just accept one of the two as the “lesser evil”, and not be concerned by left-wing authoritarians abusing power on university campuses. After all, they’re not occupying real power in Western countries, unlike right-wing populists who have been equated to fascists (in some cases fairly). This campus Stalinism is just harmless kid’s stuff - radical students discovering themselves before they graduate and become hedge fund managers.

I reject both extremes, but more than that, I reject the double standard applied to them. However intellectually appealing some may find Marx’s theories or the mutated derivatives thereof such as intersectional identity politics, remember that if a Marxist is not killing or imprisoning those who disagree with him/her, it is only because he/she lacks the power to do so. Gulags are not a bug, they’re a feature. The SJW kids and the postmodernist professors weaponizing them are not harmless because of their ideology, but in spite of it.

Don’t choose a lesser evil. Reject both.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13026
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:27 pm
 


Carfentanyl. [B-o]


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 27233
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:34 pm
 


Just keep the conversation sensible. Like with none of this crap that the kind of soft-socialism of public health care or keeping the bankers well regulated so they don't loot the entire fucking country isn't made out to mean "you must want to live in Venezuela!" nonsense that the current crop of right-wing extremists get off on wallowing in. That kind of silliness is for the children who think Ayn Rand made a lot of sense or that trickle-down economics are a real thing instead of a pure fantasy, not for any sort of functioning adults interested in serious discussions.

I get your entire point on this, dude, especially the part about how dangerous the SJW's are. That being said if capitalism hadn't failed so many people so badly over the last thirty years then things like hardcore socialism, if not outright communism, wouldn't be having this current intellectual revival it's enjoying. The Mammonites have simply gone too far too many times and left too many people in sheer misery to be left to their own devices anymore. The system has to be rebuilt to focus on the good of the many instead of the constant enrichment of the most reprehensible few.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 28078
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:04 pm
 


Spock... is that you? :?


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
Profile
Posts: 1068
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:43 am
 


Thanos wrote:
Just keep the conversation sensible. Like with none of this crap that the kind of soft-socialism of public health care or keeping the bankers well regulated so they don't loot the entire fucking country isn't made out to mean "you must want to live in Venezuela!" nonsense that the current crop of right-wing extremists get off on wallowing in. That kind of silliness is for the children who think Ayn Rand made a lot of sense or that trickle-down economics are a real thing instead of a pure fantasy, not for any sort of functioning adults interested in serious discussions.

I get your entire point on this, dude, especially the part about how dangerous the SJW's are. That being said if capitalism hadn't failed so many people so badly over the last thirty years then things like hardcore socialism, if not outright communism, wouldn't be having this current intellectual revival it's enjoying. The Mammonites have simply gone too far too many times and left too many people in sheer misery to be left to their own devices anymore. The system has to be rebuilt to focus on the good of the many instead of the constant enrichment of the most reprehensible few.


Yes, the conversation does seem to have degenerated into extremists yelling at each other on social media. And while I agree with you about not conflating social democratic elements in a mixed economy with Marxism, it goes the other way as well. Being concerned about the cultural impact of large-scale immigration or skeptical about numbering genders in the double-digits does not necessarily make one “alt-right”. Many on the left overused the term “fascist” over the last few decades such that when the wolf really showed up, people in the middle of the spectrum tuned them out.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 27233
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:51 pm
 


Yup. Agree 100%. Extremisms become very appealing to the street when the centre turns into an unresponsive and inaccessible elite that tunes out what they don't want to hear.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 63003
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:22 am
 


Individualist wrote:
Yes, the conversation does seem to have degenerated into extremists yelling at each other on social media.


It isn't just social media. On Saturday I was in Davis, California for an event and I was wearing my NRA jacket and a snowflake made an issue of it. Fucker took a swing at me when I told him to fuck off* and it did not turn out well for him. Davis PD were present and witnessed it and immediately arrested the little prick.

Exact words: Fuck off you goddamned fairy faggot bastard!

Probably the last time I bother visiting Davis.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 7520
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:18 am
 


You needed Nazi in there to check all the boxes. Very disappointed in you.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 63003
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:25 am
 


llama66 wrote:
You needed Nazi in there to check all the boxes. Very disappointed in you.


Those were my words I quoted.

The snowflake did indeed call me a Nazi and thus my response. I'm sick of that shit.

The little fucker got off with just a dislocated right elbow so it wasn't much of a confrontation. Stupid idiot kept telegraphing his punch to me and allowed me to prepare. :roll:


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 7520
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:34 am
 


BartSimpson wrote:
llama66 wrote:
You needed Nazi in there to check all the boxes. Very disappointed in you.


Those were my words I quoted.

The snowflake did indeed call me a Nazi and thus my response. I'm sick of that shit.

The little fucker got off with just a dislocated right elbow so it wasn't much of a confrontation. Stupid idiot kept telegraphing his punch to me and allowed me to prepare. :roll:

You should have called him a nazi. That would teach him. Use the left's stupidity against them.

Telegraphed punches are the best punches.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33758
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:00 am
 


Individualist wrote:
communism and fascism,



Oh I thought we would be talking about different things,
not two sides of the same coin.


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
Profile
Posts: 1068
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:53 am
 


martin14 wrote:
Individualist wrote:
communism and fascism,



Oh I thought we would be talking about different things,
not two sides of the same coin.


Yes, but one side of the coin is being pounded into university students’ head by their professors and peers. And the people calling them out on it, like Jordan Peterson and Lindsay Shepherd, and being called Nazis for their troubles.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 7520
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:00 pm
 


As I understand Fascism....

Quote:
[Fascism is] a genuinely revolutionary, trans-class form of anti-liberal, and in the last analysis, anti-conservative nationalism. As such it is an ideology deeply bound up with modernization and modernity, one which has assumed a considerable variety of external forms to adapt itself to the particular historical and national context in which it appears, and has drawn a wide range of cultural and intellectual currents, both left and right, anti-modern and pro-modern, to articulate itself as a body of ideas, slogans, and doctrine. In the inter-war period it manifested itself primarily in the form of an elite-led "armed party" which attempted, mostly unsuccessfully, to generate a populist mass movement through a liturgical style of politics and a programme of radical policies which promised to overcome a threat posed by international socialism, to end the degeneration affecting the nation under liberalism, and to bring about a radical renewal of its social, political and cultural life as part of what was widely imagined to be the new era being inaugurated in Western civilization. The core mobilizing myth of fascism which conditions its ideology, propaganda, style of politics and actions is the vision of the nation's imminent rebirth from decadence.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 63003
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:21 pm
 


Here's how I see fascism in its correct context:

Socialism is when government regulates and taxes society not just to provide for basic government services but to provide for services to individuals such as education, health care, retirement, and other social services. Socialism may involve government intervention in industry and perhaps even significant intervention.

Fascism takes the above a step further and does all of the above while adding government as a partner or shareholder in industry. Industry is no longer just taxed but it is co-owned by the government and the government takes a direct hand in controlling the production of goods. Small businesses are typically not directly controlled by the government.

Communism takes all of the above and implements national ownership of all industry and businesses.

Therefore fascism is just a waystation between socialism and communism. But it is clearly in the spectrum of socialism and communism.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 63003
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:23 pm
 


Based upon the above criteria Venezuela is currently employing a hybrid model where industry is controlled under a communist model and small businesses are controlled under a fascist model.


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  1  2  3  4  5  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.