Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:59 pm

Not exactly a tough question, but worth answering anyway.

1. Israel is an ally of the US. The rabid anti-Americans among the Canadian left believe not only that the enemy of their enemy is their friend, but also that the friend of their enemy is their enemy too. They wouldn't care nearly as much about the plight of the Palestinians if they thought that this was a local conflict between two indigenous groups, neither of which were aligned with those evil Americans. Except...

2. They look at these not-very-brown Jews mostly speaking in a Germanic dialect, and it sets off their European colonialism alarm. They don't look upon these descendants of diaspora Jews as "properly Middle Eastern".

The fact that Stephen Harper is such a strong supporter of Israel doesn't help either, I suppose.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:02 pm

Since when do Canadians hate Israel?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:04 pm

I'm asking myself the same question... at worst, I'm just way beyond sick of hearing about the conflict.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:08 pm

I forgot... what I DO hate though is people that make very wide generalizations about other groups. :evil:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:09 pm

He said Canadian left. But then answered his own question, so the people who fall into the categories posed by his question may indeed hate Israel. But as we've seen on this forum, anything that isn't total obeisance toward Israel is deemed by some as hating Israel and/or being anti-Semitic. When the National Post was owned by Konrad, it loved to run editorials that started out "It's ok to criticize Israel, but..." and then whatever criticism was leveled at Israel was deemed anti-semitic. Very effective tactic to try to shut down any debate. Hurled by the same people who complain about accusations of racism being used for the same purpose. Ironic, that.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:14 pm

I'm sure that there are some people on the Canadian right that hate Israel.

Can we talk about them? :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:17 pm

Nope. Nothing to see here, look at the shiny Muslims.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:21 pm

Israel has the full right to defend itself as it sees fit. What it doesn't have is the right to demand that others, like the US, do the fighting for them which is exactly what's going to happen when the US attacks Iran sometime within the next three to four years. When that happens the only genuine beneficiaries of another round of war based on lies and non-existent threats will be Tel Aviv and those truly vile motherfuckers in Riyadh. If thinking that makes me an anti-Semite then, fuck yeah, I'm an anti-Semite. :evil:

And on that happy note. They live! 8O :twisted:

(sorry Shep, can't help myself sometimes :oops: )

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:33 pm

Why do some Canadians/Americans love Israel so much that any criticism of it is deemed "Hatred"?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:42 pm

sandorski sandorski:
Why do some Canadians/Americans love Israel so much that any criticism of it is deemed "Hatred"?

The end times can only come once Israel occupies all of ancient Israel and Judea. Only then can Jesus return and give Jews the option of converting or being condemned to eternal damnation. Only 1/3 of those zany Zionists will choose heaven (they are a stubborn people) so there'll be lots of room for the true believers. It's why the American (likely Canadian too) religious right sends so much money to Israel. It's also why they are so anti-environment. What's the point to keeping a place clean if you're going to raptured out of it any moment anyway. Doesn't show the right kind of commitment (no pun intended).

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:51 pm

I don't technically disagree with anything in that statement. There's no end to the damage and destruction that's already been caused, and will continue to be caused, by the Republican party being taken over by Christian Zionist evangelicals & fundamentalists. It's a rubber-stamp for any war to be waged, no matter how pathetic the pretexts for it are, just because some Bible-thumps want a literal Armageddon to occur in their lifetimes.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:14 pm

raydan raydan:
I forgot... what I DO hate though is people that make very wide generalizations about other groups. :evil:

Yup. They're all totally wrong ... each and every one of them!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:24 pm

I can't tolerate intolerant people. :D

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:31 pm

raydan raydan:
I can't tolerate intolerant people. :D

:mrgreen: