Author Topic Options

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:53 am

I guess you suggest a white dove. The (federal) Liberal Party uses red as its colour. This would not work. Many Christians would see this as an affront, the white dove symbolizing the Holy Spirit. And I do not know if red pigeons even exist.<br /> <br /> <br />

Jacob

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:58 am

[QUOTE BY= peacedove] <br /> The dove vote in Western Canada would go to the NDP. The Liberals would be stuck with 30-32 seats in Toronto. <br /> <br /> [/QUOTE]<br /> <br /> God I hope not...voting NDP is voting Tory<br /> <br /> Progressives should work to get Kennedy elected...much better chance of unifying the center and left of center and it would make NDP supporters (cult?) focus on what they actually believe. Let's face it, Kennedy could easily be the leader of the NDP as well...so essentially the 'cult' will be stuck trying to convince people to <br /> a) pass on a chance to directly hold power and control in desparately poor urban ridings<br /> b) split the vote to allow the Tories a majority<br /> c) ignore a liberal leader that is far more progressive than the yuppie flake they are currently riding the Titanic with....<br /> <br /> Layton really isn't a leader, so much as Layton is a 'political strategy' that didn't work and at least someone like Hargrove (a guy I can't stand really) at least had the principles to call the NDP cult on it...and of course this like before, the NDP responded to internal criticism of their abject failures with 'purging'<br /> <br /> Hopefully this next election will finish the NDP off finally after 46 worthless years of virtually no role whatsoever in the federal politics other than collecting pay checks.<br /> <br /> I never ever considered voting Liberal--but I really do not want Harper and his people elected and I have lately considered taking out a membership so I can help Kennedy out...<br /> <br /> <br /> <br />