Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:12 pm

ARGH! It kills me that we don't get any rugby on TV anymore.We used to get the NPC, Tri-Nations, some Currie Cup, the World Cup. Now nothing. The last rugby I saw was the Dubai Seven's in December.
At least we get lots of soccer. On several stations.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:42 am

France kicked England ASS 31-6!!! HAH!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:01 am

England continues it's downward spiral in the world of rugby. If Ireland pounds them next weekend, I wonder if they will pass England and drop them to 6th in the world. This weekend's results haven't been incorporated yet - England losing by more than 15 might be enough to drop them below Ireland already.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:18 am

Remember this football score, Frenchies?

France 1-2 Slovakia. This was from just the other day.

If France keep playing the way they are, they are gonna be knocked out of this year's World Cup in the group stage just like they did in the 2002 World Cup. Play like that against Switzerland and France will be packing their bags early for the next flight home.

And we can blame disgusting French food for France's 31-6 win over England.

Apparently, the day before the game, the England team ate seafood at a restaurant near the Champs-Elysees. The next day, 5 of the team contracted gastro-enteritis. Matt Dawson, who came on during the game as a subsitute, was cured of the illness just ONE HOUR before the game started.

If the English team ate proper English food before the game then we would have won. But because they ate disgusting French, foreign much, they developed a stomach bug. Why do foreigners eat such disgusting food?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:22 am

Hester wrote:
England continues it's downward spiral in the world of rugby. If Ireland pounds them next weekend, I wonder if they will pass England and drop them to 6th in the world. This weekend's results haven't been incorporated yet - England losing by more than 15 might be enough to drop them below Ireland already.

Ireland to beat England at Twickenham? You must be joking.

England to win the Six Nations. Beat Ireland at the weekend, and then watch the Welsh beat the Frogs, and then win the Six Nations on points difference.

Simple really.

And I've noticed you haven't commented on Wales's "downward spiral" - they won the Six Nations and the Grandslam last season, England didn't, but they have only 3 points from 5 games, one less point than England, who aren't even the Six Nations champions.

That's an even bigger downward spiral.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:38 am

GreatBriton wrote:
And I've noticed you haven't commented on Wales's "downward spiral" - they won the Six Nations and the Grandslam last season, England didn't, but they have only 3 points from 5 games, one less point than England, who aren't even the Six Nations champions.

You can't consider this year as a downward spiral. It's more of a corrrection - last year's Six Nations win was more of an aberration.

But consider the way the South Africa was down and out - ff they can make come back to win the Tri Nations handily then England can too. Only Australia is in more disarray than England right now. Good on them too :wink:

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:53 am

Erin Go Bragh!!!

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:10 pm

GreatBriton wrote:
Hester wrote:

Ireland to beat England at Twickenham? You must be joking.

England to win the Six Nations. Beat Ireland at the weekend, and then watch the Welsh beat the Frogs, and then win the Six Nations on points difference.

Simple really.

Don't underestimate the Irish GreatBriton. The England team is really good at undermining their opponents and that's why they've lost against Scotland and France. They undermine the Irish and boy, they won't know what hit them.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:10 pm

Hester wrote:
GreatBriton wrote:

You can't consider this year as a downward spiral. It's more of a corrrection - last year's Six Nations win was more of an aberration.

But consider the way the South Africa was down and out - ff they can make come back to win the Tri Nations handily then England can too. Only Australia is in more disarray than England right now. Good on them too :wink:

Ahhh, I see.

So England's is a "downward spiral" and Wales's is a "correction."

Silly me.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:54 pm

Remember the World Cup 2003? Remember England won that? And Canada had real hopes of beating Wales? Yes, CANADA. You might not know that.

What has England done since then? D-O-W-N-W-A-R-D S-P-I-R-A-L

What has Wales done since then? Now do you see how the team that is ranked 5 out of 6 won the Six Nations with a grand slam would be an aberration?

Things are always much clearer once you pull your head out of your ass and wipe the shit from your eyes.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:06 pm

Hester, have you found anyone that's airing the games on Sat?? It's going to be a big day.

Scotland-Italy at 1:30pm (Britain time)
Wales-France at 3:30pm
England-Ireland at 5:30pm

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:27 pm

For US$9.99 for each game I can watch live coverage on my computer at Setanta

I'm going to give the England/Ireland game a shot to see what the quality is like and what it's like to sit and stare 12" from a 4"X4" display (and that's when it's enlarged 150%)

Don't take it personal Great Briton (remember I predicted England would win the World Cup in 2003) but I will not be cheering for England. I live in BC and I HATE the Lions and the Canucks. HATE!

Go Riders!

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:57 am

Scotland win in Rome! 13-10!! Very close game. Up until 10 mins in I was sure it was going to be a draw, but then Paterson scored a penalty kick. Yay!!!

Poor Chris Cusiter though, waited all championship to play a full game and he finally gets the chance and is out 8 mins in with a shoulder injury :( Poor boy.

Wales currently winning against France 6-3 28 mins in, but I'm hoping for a French win.

And of course, the Irish.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:30 am

Ireland 14-8 England early in the second half. England needs to win by 33 to win the Six-Nations - so 39 points into the wind.

Can Ireland still win it? Or does it belong to France?

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:32 pm

What a great game by the Irish!!! HURRAH!!!

So GB, what did the English team eat last night eh? ;)

All my teams won, I'm pleased as punch!