CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
Active Member
Active Member
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 407
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:04 am
 


OPP wrote:
TonyCanuck wrote:
OPP wrote:
TonyCanuck wrote:
OPP wrote:
xerxes wrote:
Mclaren is as big an idiot as Eriksson was.

I don't see why eather one of them would qualify as an idiot?
I do, however, see why you would qualify as one.
How many are there like you? Seems to be an abundance of manager kritiks who don't know the first thing about football.



We know enough to know that most certainly Sweden will NOT win Euro 2008. You can put that in your pipe and smoke it.


... and that's why you jumped me? Instead of just saying so?
Lame..


Sorry if you don't like my prediction....that's all that was meant to be.


Yeah.. sure it was..

Quote:
What is lame though is stating someone is an idiot because you simply take a stab in the dark about their knowledge about football. You could have simply stated you thought his comment was wrong rather than insinuate he was an idiot.


I merely stated that I see why anyone would call him such after a post such as his. He proclaimed that Mclaren and Eriksson are idiots which I found idiotic.



lol ok ok FINE! We agree to disagree then. [moon]


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
Profile
Posts: 4586
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:43 am
 


TonyCanuck wrote:
OPP wrote:
TonyCanuck wrote:
OPP wrote:
TonyCanuck wrote:
OPP wrote:
xerxes wrote:
Mclaren is as big an idiot as Eriksson was.

I don't see why eather one of them would qualify as an idiot?
I do, however, see why you would qualify as one.
How many are there like you? Seems to be an abundance of manager kritiks who don't know the first thing about football.



We know enough to know that most certainly Sweden will NOT win Euro 2008. You can put that in your pipe and smoke it.


... and that's why you jumped me? Instead of just saying so?
Lame..


Sorry if you don't like my prediction....that's all that was meant to be.


Yeah.. sure it was..

Quote:
What is lame though is stating someone is an idiot because you simply take a stab in the dark about their knowledge about football. You could have simply stated you thought his comment was wrong rather than insinuate he was an idiot.


I merely stated that I see why anyone would call him such after a post such as his. He proclaimed that Mclaren and Eriksson are idiots which I found idiotic.



lol ok ok FINE! We agree to disagree then. [moon]


uh..? I guess we do?


Offline
Active Member
Active Member
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 166
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:28 am
 


Good to see football strikes a debate on this board :D

Right then........... heres my view on the Eriksson / Mclaren issue.
Eriksson is a good club manager but a complete waste of time at International level, part of the reason he is so hated, yes hated! in England is because he never showed any passion during his time as England manager -win, lose or draw- There are many other reasons as well, he constantly changed the team, sometimes during a friendly match 11 players would start the game and in the second half he would sub the whole team 8O this never made the players comfortable....plus at the time everyone in England could have said what the best 11 was. He should have gave his best 11 the time and the games to play together and form a bond, this never was allowed to happen.
His tactics during games was at times....er.... well.... lets just say strange. As for the World Cup....... England had the players, the ability and skill to win it. Shame they didn't have a manager with the passion and man management skill to achicve this :cry:
To sum Mr Eriksson up............. He got paid extremly well for doing a second rate job and didn't really care about what the Press, the fans or the players thought as long as he got his pay cheque every month

Now for that twat Mclaren.................What a fucking waste of space this cute is. He only got the job because he is an out and out yes man, what the FA (English Football Association, our governing body. Dont get me started on those old good for nothing fuckers) want he will give. he hasn't got a clue tacticaly, the players dont respect him, the fans hate him, and the press are just waiting to run him through the mill.
Mclaren will try to act like the big man with the players and press at the moment eg: the dropping of Beckham. But if we dont win against the Mighty Andora he's gone, if not right away, by the time the press have finished with him for sure.

Now don't get me wrong i dont soley blame the National Team manager for the failings i think the players have a huge part in this sad fuckin state of affairs........ For example...the players that were on the pitch verses Israel, should have won, even if they didnt have a manager.
They are wiling to accept the 'World Class Player' tag when i reality a true 'World Class Player' can play against these lesser teams or any team and score a goal or at the very least ,create and clear chance for someone else, the players we had out done neither.

Rant Over (for now...)


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
Profile
Posts: 4586
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:00 am
 


Phoenix6 wrote:
Good to see football strikes a debate on this board :D

Right then........... heres my view on the Eriksson / Mclaren issue.
Eriksson is a good club manager but a complete waste of time at International level, part of the reason he is so hated, yes hated! in England is because he never showed any passion during his time as England manager -win, lose or draw- There are many other reasons as well, he constantly changed the team, sometimes during a friendly match 11 players would start the game and in the second half he would sub the whole team 8O this never made the players comfortable....plus at the time everyone in England could have said what the best 11 was. He should have gave his best 11 the time and the games to play together and form a bond, this never was allowed to happen.
His tactics during games was at times....er.... well.... lets just say strange. As for the World Cup....... England had the players, the ability and skill to win it. Shame they didn't have a manager with the passion and man management skill to achicve this :cry:
To sum Mr Eriksson up............. He got paid extremly well for doing a second rate job and didn't really care about what the Press, the fans or the players thought as long as he got his pay cheque every month

Now for that twat Mclaren.................What a fucking waste of space this cute is. He only got the job because he is an out and out yes man, what the FA (English Football Association, our governing body. Dont get me started on those old good for nothing fuckers) want he will give. he hasn't got a clue tacticaly, the players dont respect him, the fans hate him, and the press are just waiting to run him through the mill.
Mclaren will try to act like the big man with the players and press at the moment eg: the dropping of Beckham. But if we dont win against the Mighty Andora he's gone, if not right away, by the time the press have finished with him for sure.

Now don't get me wrong i dont soley blame the National Team manager for the failings i think the players have a huge part in this sad fuckin state of affairs........ For example...the players that were on the pitch verses Israel, should have won, even if they didnt have a manager.
They are wiling to accept the 'World Class Player' tag when i reality a true 'World Class Player' can play against these lesser teams or any team and score a goal or at the very least ,create and clear chance for someone else, the players we had out done neither.

Rant Over (for now...)


Aren't you beeing a bit hasty condeming McLaren...? I think we all knew (the rest of the world) that England would get a second rate manager after Eriksson. Someone who was desperate enough, British and with just enough credentials to get the job. But.. We don't know how he's going to manage the team when the REAL heat is on. England and most of the major football nations usualy start out shaky. Italy, for example, was far from favourites to win the WC after their initial matches...
And let's not forget that in every damn championship the English expect to win! EVERY TIME! With demands like those... the pressure must be immense!

To get back to Eriksson... My theory why Eriksson is so hated.. is becaus the media hated him. I saw interviews with english journalists who admited that they had no real quarell with his managing.. but that he never took the time to learn thier names!!! What the hell kinda screwed up media is that!?


Offline
Active Member
Active Member
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 166
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:18 am
 


the media here is fucked up, without a doubt...they like nothing better than building people up and then chopping their legs from underneth them... as for them being ok with Erikssons managing, dont know where you heard that but its wrong or not the general view.

No i dont think im being a bit hasty on Mclaren, he's not good enough...FACT. The only reason he was chosen was because he will do exactly what the FA want. The best man for the job, at the time was Sam Allardyce, the current Bolton manager but he was never going to be appointed because he does what he wants and has crossed swords with the FA a few times but he gets the best outta his players.

as for the english expecting to win all competions they are in........YES of course we do. On paper we have the players that are capable of this, its just when those players go onto the grass it fucks up, be it the manager fault, the players fault or a mixture of both....its not acceptable..... Maybe we should start playing on paper.


On another note Henrik Larrson.............best swedish footballer ever ????? what you think


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
Profile
Posts: 4586
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:35 am
 


Phoenix6 wrote:
the media here is fucked up, without a doubt...they like nothing better than building people up and then chopping their legs from underneth them... as for them being ok with Erikssons managing, dont know where you heard that but its wrong or not the general view.

No i dont think im being a bit hasty on Mclaren, he's not good enough...FACT. The only reason he was chosen was because he will do exactly what the FA want. The best man for the job, at the time was Sam Allardyce, the current Bolton manager but he was never going to be appointed because he does what he wants and has crossed swords with the FA a few times but he gets the best outta his players.

as for the english expecting to win all competions they are in........YES of course we do. On paper we have the players that are capable of this, its just when those players go onto the grass it fucks up, be it the manager fault, the players fault or a mixture of both....its not acceptable..... Maybe we should start playing on paper.


I think you are forgetting that there are a lot of great teams out there and I don't believe that England would be the favourites to win eather the WC or the EC if played on paper even. If we'd play it on paper Brazil would probably win every time for the next 100 years or so. Just have a look at their bench during the WC! Amazingly talented players.. *shakes head*

Quote:
On another note Henrik Larrson.............best swedish footballer ever ????? what you think


I'd have to agree.. But I believe Zlatan Ibrahimovich will be even greater.

It's a shame Rooney plays for Man Utd... I could have felt respect for him othervise.. :lol: :lol: :lol:


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
Profile
Posts: 4586
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:39 am
 


What's the word on Beckham in the old country by the way???


Offline
Active Member
Active Member
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 166
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:16 am
 


I think Brazil could play on the moon and still look in control

I never really rated Ibrahimovich at international level but at club he is quality....


As for beckham there is a strong feeling to re call him just to see if we do play better with him


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
Profile
Posts: 4586
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:48 am
 


Here's the highlights from last nights game:

[align=center]Sweden vs Northern Ireland[/align]

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=MfbLDYMAtpw[/youtube]

David Healey.. what's there to say.. Mr 100%.
Two chanses... two goals..
Sweden played terrible.. but I was impressed by Northern Ireland. A team with real fighting spirit.
Werry physical team with the forward who managed a hattrick against both Spain and Lichtenstein.
But this sucks sooo baaaad... If we loose against Denmark in the next game.. we'll lett Spain right in there again. We should have won!!! What the HELL!!!!


Offline
Active Member
Active Member
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 166
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:58 am
 


Healey is really doing the business for NI but he is piss poor for his club at the moment


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
Profile
Posts: 4586
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:10 pm
 


One of the greatest matches I've seen in my life.

The game was played in Denmark this Saturday and Sweden quickly took the lead and made it 0-3 in the first half. The danes would even the score early in the second and tied the game, 3-3, with 25 minutes remaining.
It ended tragicaly with danish suporters throwing beer bottles and running onto the field. One attacking the referee after Sweden was awarded a penalty kick in the 87'th minute of the game with the score 3-3.
They were unable to continue the game, which was cancelled, and the result is yet to be announced.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jW6-R2W5DE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2cAyIE3KM0[/youtube]

A closer look at the penalty situation...

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=5kl9m7MSZhM[/youtube]


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 3171
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:40 am
 


Euro 2008 qualifiers: current standings at latest results

[[The four Home Nations shown in capitals]]

GROUP A (The teams who finish first and second in each group qualify for Euro 2008)

Kazakhstan 1-1 Azerbaijan
Finland 2-0 Belgium
Armenia 1-0 Poland

.......................Points
Poland...............19
Serbia................14
Portugal.............14
Finland...............14
Belgium...............7
Armenia...............7
Kazakhstan..........6
Azerbaijan............5

My tips to qualify: Poland, Portugal
********************************

Group B

Faroe Islands 0-2 SCOTLAND
Lithuania 0-2 Italy
France 1-0 Georgia

.........................Points
France...................18
Italy......................16
SCOTLAND..............15
Ukraine..................12
Lithuania.................7
Georgia...................6
Faroe Islands...........0

My tips to qualify: France, Italy
******************************


Group C

Norway 4-0 Hungary
Greece 2-1 Moldova
Bosnia-Herzegovina 1-0 Malta

............................Points
Greece....................18
Bosnia-Herzegovina...13
Turkey......................13
Norway......................13
Hungary.....................6
Malta.........................4
Moldova.....................2

My tips to qualify: Greece, Turkey
**********************************


Group D

Germany 1-0 Slovakia

...........................Points
Germany................19
Czech Republic........14
Rep of Ireland.........13
Slovakia..................9
WALES.................... 7
Cyprus.....................4
San Marino...............0

My tips to qualify: Germany, Czech Republic
*******************************


Group E

Andorra 0-2 Israel
Estonia 0-3 ENGLAND
Croatia 0-0 Russia

...........................Points
Croatia...................17
Israel.....................17
Russia....................15
ENGLAND.................14
Macedonia...............7
Estonia....................0
Andorra...................0

My tips to qualify: Croatia, England
*********************************


Group F

Sweden 5-0 Iceland
Liechenstein 0-2 Spain
Latvia 0-2 Denmark

.............................Points
Sweden....................15
Spain.......................15
NORTHERN IRELAND....13
Denmark...................10
Liechenstein................4
Iceland.......................4
Latvia.........................3

My tips to qualify: Sweden, Spain
*******************************


Group F

Bulgaria 2-1 Belarus
Luxembourg 0-3 Albania
Romania 2-0 Slovenia

............................Points
Romania..................17
Bulgaria...................15
Netherlands.............14
Albania.....................9
Belarus.....................7
Slovenia...................4
Luxembourg..............0

My tips to qualify: Romania, Netherlands


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 3171
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:58 am
 


Quote:
As for the World Cup....... England had the players, the ability and skill to win it. Shame they didn't have a manager with the passion and man management skill to achicve this


On paper, England are the best team in the world. It's just that when the players play for England they just don't seem to be able to play as well as what they do when they play for their clubs.

They just need to play international football the way they do for their clubs, playing the game at a fast and frantic pace. When they play their football the way Premiership clube do is when England are at their best.

We also need to sort out the Gerrard/Lampard midfield duo. Those two are not compatible to play in the same team's midfield together.


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
Profile
Posts: 4586
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:48 am
 


GreatBriton wrote:
Quote:
As for the World Cup....... England had the players, the ability and skill to win it. Shame they didn't have a manager with the passion and man management skill to achicve this


On paper, England are the best team in the world. It's just that when the players play for England they just don't seem to be able to play as well as what they do when they play for their clubs.

They just need to play international football the way they do for their clubs, playing the game at a fast and frantic pace. When they play their football the way Premiership clube do is when England are at their best.

We also need to sort out the Gerrard/Lampard midfield duo. Those two are not compatible to play in the same team's midfield together.

Dream on GB. There are far better teams than England.
The only place on earth where England is considered the best team is in England.
I don't dislike you GB but why you have yet to recieve the anoying medal is beond me.


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Previous  1  2



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.