Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:55 pm

Hyack Hyack:
Alta_redneck Alta_redneck:
I wonder if this topic could be moved to the designated soccer thread under sports, might be easier for this old guy to find it that way. [B-o]

:oops: :oops: .....Done, sorry about that, I should have done that at the start,

Yea, that works better.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:57 pm

What an embarrassing crowd in Montreal tonight. Probably more people working in the concessions than people in the stands.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:18 pm

Well. I guess due to the extreme time between games everybody basically lost interest.
To make a long story short, Canada lost to England in the quarter finals by a score of 2-1. Game over for Canada.... :cry:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:43 pm

Too bad. It's too bad too. They played really well and better than England but were undone by two silly mistakes of their own making.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:58 pm

OMG!!! Laura Bassett scored a goal on her own team in the last minute. Simply unbelievable!

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:17 pm

WOW!!! 4TO 0 IN THE FIRST 15MINUTES!!! Japan has not seen an ass whipping like this since Midway!!

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:25 pm

Hat trick for Carli Lloyd!!! Who said soccer was a low scoring, boring game?

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:32 pm

Damn! Great shot by Ogimi to put Japan on the board. Looks like they finally woke up.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:05 pm

Congratulations to the American Women's Soccer Team!!! Job well done! I"m glad to see Abby finally win a world cup championship! What a tremendous athlete she has been. Abby, a whole nation is grateful for your hard work and dedication helping to getting this team to the place they are today. We could not have done it without you. Thank you!!! With your help the torch has been passed to a new generation, and they look like a generation of ass kickers all.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:41 pm

And this time they did it with their own play instead of buying off a crooked referee. Congrats to Hope Solo on her championship win before she gets sent off to prison! :twisted:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:56 am

Thanos Thanos:
And this time they did it with their own play instead of buying off a crooked referee. Congrats to Hope Solo on her championship win before she gets sent off to prison! :twisted:

How about the US just paying off the Japanese team. I guess the pressure could of got to them, but they sure weren't the same team that I saw play a couple of games. :evil:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:11 am

rickc rickc:
Congratulations to the American Women's Soccer Team!!! Job well done! I"m glad to see Abby finally win a world cup championship! What a tremendous athlete she has been. Abby, a whole nation is grateful for your hard work and dedication helping to getting this team to the place they are today. We could not have done it without you. Thank you!!! With your help the torch has been passed to a new generation, and they look like a generation of ass kickers all.

She has no class. Happy for the rest of the team but she can rot.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:52 am

Alta_redneck Alta_redneck:
Thanos Thanos:

How about the US just paying off the Japanese team. I guess the pressure could of got to them, but they sure weren't the same team that I saw play a couple of games. :evil:

Nah, it was just shock & awe, just like the Germans did to Brazil in the men's final. Soccer, out of all the sports out there, remains unique in that once a team gets spotted that kind of lead any kind of comeback is pretty much impossible. A few minute's collapse that sees four goals scored at the start of a game can't be overcome.