Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:07 am

Some of the teams' new shirts for the 2006/07 season in the English Premiership and Scottish Premier League -

Newcastle United away shirt 2006/07

West Ham United away shirt 2006/07
Manchester City home shirt 2006/08

Manchester City away shirt 2006/07
Arsenal home shirt 2006/08
********************************************************************************
Bolton Wanderers away shirt 2006/07-
Blackburn Rovers home shirt 2006/07 on the left and away shirt on the right.
**********************************************************************************
Reading away shirt 2006/07
**********************************************************************************
Sheffield United home shirt 2006/07
*********************************************************************************
Everton home shirt 2006/07

Everton away shirt 2006/07
********************************************************************************
Manchester United home shirt 2006/07
Glasgow Rangers home shirt 2006/07

Glasgow Rangers away shirt 2006/07
*********************************************************************************
Glasgow Celtic home shirt 2005/07
Hibernian (Edinburgh) home shirt 2006/07

Hibernian away shirt 2006/07
Heart of Midlothian [[aka Hearts]] (Edinburgh) home shirt 2006/07

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:24 am

Sorry GB, over here, our teams don't change their logo every year in a cheap attempt to make a few extra bucks. The Leafs have only had two logos since 1927.

Over here, we believe in things like tradition when it comes to our sports teams.

That kind of cheap crap is just one more reason why most North Americans think soccer is a complete joke.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:53 am

Hey, don't get me wrong. You gotta love any game where two teams of professional athletes run around for 3 hours trying to kick a ball into a net the size of Saskatchewan and still emerge scoreless at the end.

I'm particularly rivetted by the way soccer players drop like they were shot by a sniper every time one player's jersey brushes against the elbow of a rival!

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:11 pm

Quote:
Avro

What's the matter?

To fat to play?

Probably. But so what? I'm not good enough to play pro hockey either. Are you?

Quote:
Yes the Leafs, good example of a successful organization. :lol:

Crappy team + stupid fans = $$$$$

The Leafs are one of the most successful sports franchises in North America. Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment is worth over a billion dollars in assets and they haven't had a game that wasn't a sell out since 1945.

On top of that, most years they're winners. This year was the first time they didn't make the playoffs since 1998.

I would say that makes them successful.

Even if the Leafs sucked, hockey would still better than soccer.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:39 pm

Avro wrote:
Like I said....

Crappy team + stupid fans = $$$$$

I wonder how many Lindros jersey's the Leafs sold?
:lol: :lol:

I had a bet with my brother about Lindros....I said he wouldn't score 20 goals....... :wink:

Well let's just say I got 4 cases of beer for free.

Don't worry though, Gilmour will come back and win you a cup.... :lol:

Yeah, I guess there's no overpaid, underperforming players in soccer.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:04 pm

Avro wrote:
Where did I say there wasn't?

No need to dodge the facts of your pathetic team bring out your adoration of the Leaf nation that you and the like have.

....Jesus I burst out laughing when I typed that.

I know, I know, next season right? :lol:

You're trying to spend an entire thread slamming the Leafs. That's fine, but my point wasn't that the Leafs are the best hockey team in history. I'm a Leaf's fan, but I realize love of a particular team is subjective.

I'm pointing out that soccer is a boring sport, especially compared to hockey, and that their practice of changing uniforms every year is cheap and stupid.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:40 pm

Motorcycleboy wrote:
Sorry GB, over here, our teams don't change their logo every year in a cheap attempt to make a few extra bucks. The Leafs have only had two logos since 1927.

Over here, we believe in things like tradition when it comes to our sports teams.

That kind of cheap crap is just one more reason why most North Americans think soccer is a complete joke.

Tradition?

You mean when teams move from city to city because they want a new stadium?

Considering that the FA Cup is nearly as old as Canada, there's a helluva lot more tradition in English soccer than any sport in Canada.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:44 pm

Yeah, the Leafs have a long tradition...

Of losing!

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:18 pm

Montreal is the best team in history......who's won the most cups? It was in Montreal that the NHL started. Henri Richard has his name on it 11 times....who'd he play for? Jean Beliveau has his name on it 17 times, 10 as a player 7 as management....where did he play/coach?

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:07 pm

Quote:
Toro Wrote:
You mean when teams move from city to city because they want a new stadium?

That pisses me off too. But that said, I guess that's the difference between a geographically large, growing nation with shifting population growth centres and an old, established overcrowded one as you see in Europe.

Quote:
Considering that the FA Cup is nearly as old as Canada, there's a helluva lot more tradition in English soccer than any sport in Canada.

Oh yeah, they've got great traditions surrounding soccer over there. I particularly like the one where they kick people's teeth in for cheering on the opposing side.