canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:50 pm

Theatrics? Anyone remember Billy Smith when Tiger Williams tapped him on the ankle with his stick and Smith was laying in the crease thrashing around clutching his throat.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:21 pm

WDHIII WDHIII:
novachick novachick:
WDHIII WDHIII:
lily lily:
I completely agree on the cheap dramatics, and soccer isn't the most exciting to watch.

Still, it does have its moments....

Gee didnt we just see that LAST week? Really V ya gotta have more in yur bag (forgive the pun) of tricks than that :roll:

She has Tricks 8O

Apparently only one :wink:

I seriously hope there's only one of him 8O

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:27 pm

Xerxes

That was absolutely spectacular.

I am a huge soccer fan, but I agree that the antics of Dida and all the other pansy divers is a f****** disgrace and a huge blight on the sport.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:09 pm

xerxes xerxes:
Oh, and here's the Rivaldo dive I mentioned:

[youtube width=425 height=350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgfRCa71Kmw[/youtube]

ROTFL

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:18 pm

And here's another gem:

[youtube width=425 height=350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W00d3yJKl4[/youtube]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:30 pm

But this is what should have happened to the fan:

[youtube width=425 height=350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn0oo7MczH8[/youtube]

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:36 pm

Yeah, those 0-0 games with 2-3 shots each are really exciting on an 18 yard field.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:39 pm

Yeah, they're just like a no-hitter.....

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:41 pm

Which is pretty rare in itself yet sickingly more exciting than soccer....weird.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:38 pm

I rather watch ladies soccer, or childs soccer then "adult men" sucker ehhhhm soccer...

Overpaid asses. And the fans are dramatic (at least here in Europe). Sore losers who have to tear every city apart they lost in. Lots of tax money to restore it. And then all the sponsor money from companies I have to use :evil:

Oh I hate soccer... *deep sigh*

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:53 pm

Hockey lacks the atmosphere that football has. Arenas with 50,000 fans singing and jumping on a beautiful summer day.
Here's a "tifo" for a game being played between AIK and Djurgården IF in Stockholm.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=TokUZ3vzqZw[/youtube]

Here's another one between these two teams.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Uhd2f4YFUKg[/youtube]

This one's pretty sweet too:

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=3n7hayLGFnU[/youtube]

At first they create a Swedish flag n' then it turns into the letters A I K

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:35 am

Well, UEFA came down with it's verdict for the event of that day today so here it is:

$1:

Celtic fined as Dida receives ban

Celtic have been fined £25,000 and AC Milan goalkeeper Dida has been banned for two matches following trouble at the recent Champions League game.

However, the European champions intend to appeal against the penalty imposed on the 34-year-old Brazilian.

Dida collapsed dramatically after a fan appeared to strike him near the end of AC Milan's 2-1 defeat on 3 October.

Celtic were found guilty of a lack of organisation and improper conduct of supporters at the match.

The Scottish champions will pay half of the fine now, while the rest is deferred over a two-year probationary period.

Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell issued a statement saying : "As a club we feel this penalty is proportionate to the incident in question and a fair outcome.

"We took this matter extremely seriously and following an immediate internal investigation took swift and firm action against the offender.

"Celtic FC will continue to take all organisational, security and health and safety matters as its first priority."

Dida was stretchered off after being confronted by the invading fan and was criticised for overreacting.

Uefa's control and disciplinary body took a dim view of the keeper's theatrics, charging him with a lack of sportsmanship.

The incident occurred after Scott McDonald had slammed in Celtic's winner late on after Dida had failed to hold a Gary Caldwell shot.

The fan, who has since been identified and banned by Celtic for life, ran onto the pitch and made contact with Dida, who proceeded to briefly give chase before collapsing to the ground.

He was eventually substituted, with Australian Zeljko Kalac replacing him.

If Dida's ban stands, he will miss the Champions League double-header with Group D leaders Shaktar Donestk.

Story from BBC SPORT:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:11 pm

$1:
Hockey lacks the atmosphere that football has. Arenas with 50,000 fans singing and jumping on a beautiful summer day.

Are you fucking kidding me?! ROTFL

20,000 hockey fans are louder than that, we cheer our teams on, we shout and holler and jump up and cheer when we score. We sing the anthems loud and proud. You clearly have never been to a true Canadian Hockey game...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:12 am

what do you expect from players situated in italy!!

just joking

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:51 pm

Arctic_Menace Arctic_Menace:
$1:

Are you fucking kidding me?! ROTFL

20,000 hockey fans are louder than that, we cheer our teams on, we shout and holler and jump up and cheer when we score. We sing the anthems loud and proud. You clearly have never been to a true Canadian Hockey game...

GO "insert team name" GO, is the closest to a chant I've ever heard in a Canadian hockey game. I've seen a lot of NHL games and it's not even close to anything I could digg up. You're simply delusional.

Pippi Longstocking chant by Frankfurt fans :lol:

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=8N66jOVp6lc[/youtube]