TalkON Canada forums

Enjoy!

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:26 pm

SPAM!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 7:36 am

Spam?

I think not.Just another message forum to visit.When telus pulled their forums one of the members took it upon himself to create a new one for the forum refugees. Some posters were on that forum for years when telus gave us 24 hours notice that they would be shutting them down.So now everyones scattered about,some are here,some at malcs site and others at Igripe.com.
I was shareing the url,a far cry from spam or did you even click the link?

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 1:32 pm

CanadaKA is way better

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:08 pm

DMP08 DMP08:
CanadaKA is way better

It's not a competition,allthough you might want to check out our numbers....we're kicking Paul Martins website and maybe yours also. All this with only about 2% of the membership or less than CanadaKA has.
Correct me if Im wrong but was'nt this the place to post Canadian websites?
I'm fairly new here but no stranger to forums and flamers.
And lamers.

So I demand an apology.
In lieu of an apology I will except hot wings and six Coron's with lime.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:13 pm

DMP08 DMP08:
CanadaKA is way better

I might agree with you if the admin could keep the website up for more than a few days at a time.

If nothing else... talkon Canada is at least a stable site that doesn't go down at the drop of a hat.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:18 pm

This site is slower than molasses in january. Stable as the 3 mile island reactor years ago.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:22 pm

ziggy ziggy:
This site is slower than molasses in january. Stable as the 3 mile island reactor years ago.

Have to agree with you there Pale...... I'm still trying to decide if this site would be worth the hassle for even an occasional drop in.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 5:31 pm

I apologize for the site downtime and slowness for the last 2 weeks, been going though bit of a security and server crisis, almost out of it, just need to move the site back onto the fast server, right now it is on a slow as molasses connection, should be all done within a couple days!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 5:40 pm

Been on here since mar.01,it's been slow as mollassses since then. Thought it was all the graphics at first. The avatars alone must suck up a bit of bandwidth. We have a limit on ours,saves bandwidth for flames and such. :lol:

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 10:54 pm

there is a 100kb limit on avatars, maybe it should be less, but almsot none are close to that big anyway.

The site is a lot faster now, but only i can notice it until It's back on the main servers. I've done major preformance improvments,a dn the site is a little less graphcis heavy, but i will be trying to lessen it further.

The site is going to be on its oen dedicated rackserver within the next couple days, so i hope there will be a big improvement/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:55 pm

Meant the sig pics,not the avatars.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:51 pm

now this is true, i need to put in a system to check that somehwo... mine is not too large, i compress a lot, but others.. i do someitme check them out and ask ppl to make them smaller. but there is no automated system to do so.

Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:43 pm

I think there's a really nice lot of people at that site. Don't know why everybody seems to be so hostile about other web sites here. Come on, it's a forum.. forums don't 'make' money.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:52 am

your tellin me!

I respect other sites/forums, but of course i will be biased towards my own site, i want to keep improving it and make it the best it can be