CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:40 pm

Hi gang,

I live and work in Steveston, a historic fishing village that is part of Richmond, BC, where the Vancouver Int'l Airport is located. If ever in the neighborhood, do drop in for a visit. To learn more, check out the Steveston portal website at:
http://www.StevestoniVillage.com

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:50 pm

Its a neat, interesting place.

I remember buying dirt cheap fish off the boats there.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:04 pm

Hi gang,

Yes, it is a special place, and with all the development and new people in town, we're trying to maintain its charm and history, while allowing Steveston to grow.

I, too, am from the prairies--Moose Jaw, SK--but have lived here since 1985, but for 5 years in Victoria and 3 in Gold Coast, Australia.

Just had a sardine fest, yes sardines, and they're back again--since 1992--after a 50-year absence. The captain just advised me of the following, so if you're nearby and into sardines, drop by the Ocean Venture at the public sales float, Fisherman's Wharf, and get 'em cheap.

"We will be at the fresh fish dock with sardines Friday Sept 8 1500-1900 and Sat the 9th from 0700-1900.
The price is 10 fish for $5 and a bag is about 3 lbs. I supply recipes with every order."