CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 4:20 pm

:D Come check out my Cape Breton site! It's all about me and where I live. Hope you enjoy your visit and please won't you sign my guestbook so I'll know you were there. Thanks. :)

Judy's Place

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 10:58 pm

Judy:
Thanks for posting your site. I have a couple of quick suggestions for you, if you don't mind. If you change your pictures to .jpg format, they will load a lot faster. You can do this with Paint Shop Pro at www.jasc.com, if you use windows. Also, the music is nice, but maybe you would be better off putting a short clip at the bottom, so that the page loads first and then plays the music. You can include links to other musical clips on the page, so people can play them if they like. Looks like a lovely site, but I thought it was way too slow.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 10:58 pm

Judy:
Thanks for posting your site. I have a couple of quick suggestions for you, if you don't mind. If you change your pictures to .jpg format, they will load a lot faster. You can do this with Paint Shop Pro at www.jasc.com, if you use windows. Also, the music is nice, but maybe you would be better off putting a short clip at the bottom, so that the page loads first and then plays the music. You can include links to other musical clips on the page, so people can play them if they like. Looks like a lovely site, but I thought it was way too slow.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 8:24 am

Thanks docsabre! :D I know what you mean by slow and I had planned on fixing that up but never seem to get around to it, especially now since I have my own forum to keep up with too. I made that website way back when I first got my computer so I didn't know too much about this and that, hindsight is 20/20, eh. :? Anyway, I appreciate your advice and I hope to get at it soon. :wink: