Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:41 am

Hey guys, looking for comments/suggestions. Just put this site together for my brothers machine shop. (he's starting a shop out at the farm)

What do you guys think? www.d-machine.ca

Let me know if you see any spelling mistakes etc...

Thanks,

-R

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:13 am

yeah, you need to move the map down a little.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:18 am

Alright, I'll have a look at that when I get home.

Thanks.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:25 am

Looks good to me, no spelling errors.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:35 am

Has anybody else noticed that your pointer dissapears between links on the menu on the left side of the page?

What causes that phenomenon? Or is it just me it's happening to... maybe it's my comp at work or something...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:03 am

Robair Robair:
Has anybody else noticed that your pointer dissapears between links on the menu on the left side of the page?

What causes that phenomenon? Or is it just me it's happening to... maybe it's my comp at work or something...
It's not just you... you have lines of text between each link, so the pointer switches to the text cursor (whatever it's called), which is the same colour as the background.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:05 am

Ahhhhhh! Brilliant Watson! Well done!

I'll also be addressing that when I get home, thanks!

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:23 am

also, the little map doesn't clearly show where the shop actually is, only the area i wants to cater to, for lack of a better phrase.

the location of the shop, obviously is on another page, but i think it ought to be shown on the map. i dunno about saskatchebushers but "over the hill past the gooseberry bush" isn't really good directions for me to get someplace remote.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:34 am

Ssshhhh... we don't want people to know they'll have to travel Hwy. 32 to get there!

Yea, dunno what happened there, had the location marked before, must have uploaded the wrong pic, thanks.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:52 am

Robair, good job my friend! Mind if I give you some pointers?

Don't use position:absolute to display your map in this case. You can simply display it or try position:relative for your map picture.

I'd suggest you gather all Dave's coordinates (e-mail, phone, map etc.) and create a "Contact" page at to lower most item of the menu.

Move the "News" item just below the "Home" item. I know that there are no news in it but it's more logic in Web conceptual design patern

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:02 am

FireWire FireWire:
Robair, good job my friend! Mind if I give you some pointers?
Not at all buddy, that's why I started the thread.

FireWire FireWire:
Don't use position:absolute to display your map in this case. You can simply display it or try position:relative for your map picture.
8O I have no idea what you are talking about. :lol: I didn't do any HTML programming or anything, I used a web page creator application...

FireWire FireWire:
I'd suggest you gather all Dave's coordinates (e-mail, phone, map etc.) and create a "Contact" page at to lower most item of the menu.
Good one. That would probably look more professional and I'd only have to type all the stuff out once, eh!

FireWire FireWire:
Move the "News" item just below the "Home" item. I know that there are no news in it but it's more logic in Web conceptual design patern
Mmmmm... I'll try that out and see how it looks... maybe it does make more sense...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:21 pm

send me your brothers picture and the type of machines he sells and I will make you a banner

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:35 pm

fatbasturd fatbasturd:
send me your brothers picture and the type of machines he sells and I will make you a banner

Deal!

He doesn't actually make a product or a machine, it's a job shop. He machines metal. He can turn a chunk of steel barstock into shaft or spindle for example, turning down sections to fit bearings or machining out keyways for gears and pulleys.

I suppose you could use a picture of a lathe (steel lathe, not one made for wood) as that is what he does most of his work on. Or maybe a pile of metal shavings or something... http://www.botos.com/weekly/imgp3503a_800.jpg

That came up when I did a google image search for shavings.

Pardon my internet lingo ignorance, but this banner would be the thing for the top of the page? Like where I currently have Dave's mug beside D-Machine?

I'll dig up some shots of Dave and send em over.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:05 pm

Robair Robair:
fatbasturd fatbasturd:

Deal!

He doesn't actually make a product or a machine, it's a job shop. He machines metal. He can turn a chunk of steel barstock into shaft or spindle for example, turning down sections to fit bearings or machining out keyways for gears and pulleys.

I suppose you could use a picture of a lathe (steel lathe, not one made for wood) as that is what he does most of his work on. Or maybe a pile of metal shavings or something... http://www.botos.com/weekly/imgp3503a_800.jpg

That came up when I did a google image search for shavings.

Pardon my internet lingo ignorance, but this banner would be the thing for the top of the page? Like where I currently have Dave's mug beside D-Machine?

I'll dig up some shots of Dave and send em over.
yes that is what it is and he is a millwright correct

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:09 pm

Nice clean and straight forward look Robair. I like.