Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:36 pm

I'm 60 and this is what I want!!!! more than sex, which is sort of scary
Wife won't let me ever since I got busted on 401 going 145 and got 3 points and a 295.00 ticket that i could not beat.

anyway

The wife is really tired of me watching this video with the sound cranked

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:25 pm

The one nice thing about hitting that age is you don't have to be practical so go for it!
Kids are gone, don't need to haul big crates from Costco, drinking buddies can afford a taxi.
My grandkids are thrilled to squish in the backseat and help take the roof off my Jeep they'd die to ride in that and go fast!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:39 pm

CountLothian wrote:
I got busted on 401 going 145 and got 3 points and a 295.00 ticket that i could not beat

Question: was that in the GTA? If so what time of day/week?

Because I never see anyone getting tickets on the 401, at least not during regular daytime hours. My theory is that they want to keep traffic moving through the GTA and pulling over vehicles causes rubber-necking that slows down traffic too much.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:44 pm

BeaverFever wrote:
CountLothian wrote:
I got busted on 401 going 145 and got 3 points and a 295.00 ticket that i could not beat

Because I never see anyone getting tickets on the 401, at least not during regular daytime hours. My theory is that they want to keep traffic moving through the GTA and pulling over vehicles causes rubber-necking that slows down traffic too much.

You never know, the 401 in the GTA is the most heavily travelled stretch of highway in North America.

Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:17 pm

BeaverFever wrote:
CountLothian wrote:

It was really stupid of me.
Around noon on a saturday and I was going way too fast.

I was stuck in traffic for twenty minutes then broke free and tried to make the time up with other drivers doing the same....never be the lead guy is the lesson learned...but to be honest i have not driven over 120 since.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:35 pm

CountLothian wrote:
BeaverFever wrote:
CountLothian wrote:

I was stuck in traffic for twenty minutes then broke free and tried to make the time up with other drivers doing the same....never be the lead guy is the lesson learned...but to be honest i have not driven over 120 since.

That could be me on any given day of the week, except my rule of thumb is to keep under 130 (140 on the 407).

Also I have a newborn so when she's in the car, I'm in the slow lane staying under 120 (no I do not have a 'baby on board' sticker but my wife keeps threatening me with one).

Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:21 am

BeaverFever wrote:
That could be me on any given day of the week, except my rule of thumb is to keep under 130 (140 on the 407).

Also I have a newborn so when she's in the car, I'm in the slow lane staying under 120 (no I do not have a 'baby on board' sticker but my wife keeps threatening me with one).

Yeah 130 seems the safe zone on the 401.
lol on window sticker.

Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:22 am

Getting back to the car. It has 702 horses under that hood and 18 Alpine speakers as standard equipment.
I mean wowza...I would like it in Black though.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:00 pm

CountLothian wrote:
BeaverFever wrote:
CountLothian wrote:

My strategy is to always be the 2nd fastest guy on the highway! That has come with age. And a couple of speeding tickets.

Never did get a ticket with my fastest ride, 3000gt. Got one in a ford truck and the other in a mercury topaz of all things.

That Challenger is pretty freaken sweet. But for my money I'd take a mustang over to the Shelby camp for 1,000 HP and a wide body kit. 8)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:37 pm

BeaverFever wrote:
CountLothian wrote:

I never see people going more than 25kph on the 401 in the GTA.

Anyway, It's faster than the DVP

... and the 403, 400 and QEW.

Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:43 pm

LOL

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:38 am

At 60 you should get an old mans car like a Jag. Sounds better too and about the same price: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J1m3oOqtqc 8O

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:43 am

On the radio this morning the drive guys were cheering Chrysler for announcing they're going to double production of the Hellcat! [cheer]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:47 am

BartSimpson wrote:
On the radio this morning the drive guys were cheering Chrysler for announcing they're going to double production of the Hellcat! [cheer]

When's the first recall. :P

Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:19 pm

BartSimpson wrote:

Yeah people wait months for the thing and ...AND!!!!! dealerships have been known to just add on 20 grand to the sticker price in some cases if you want one.

ccga3359 wrote:
At 60 you should get an old mans car like a Jag. Sounds better too and about the same price: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J1m3oOqtqc 8O

OLD MANS CAR!!!!!!

*Grabs ccga by the scruff of the neck* "How old are you?"

:cry:

Quote:
BartSimpson wrote:

Quote:
PluggyRug wrote:
When's the first recall. :P

lol...
actually it's made in brampton and it's the best thing they produce engineer wise.