Author Topic Options

Forum Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 4:25 am

I agree, we need to unexpropriate the reins of power.

Forum Junkie

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 11:43 am

Thank God Prince Rupert NDP MP Nathan Cullen had the guts to remind BC voters how the police played a role in a political coup against BC premier Glen Clarke for saying things that they didn't like and for opposing the testing of nuclear weapons in BC. He said that politicians are afraid to criticise the RCMP in any way as that would result in the RCMP sabotaging their careers . He was asked to apologise for stating the facts. I encouraged him not to, as should most Canadians, as that would entrench their imunity from any criticism.<br /> Their motto ,written on their cars ,is "Maintain the political right" which they do with great enthusiasm.<br /> Forbidding criticism of police by anyone , especially elected representatives is a dangerous situation.I told him that Victor Mallarecks book"Gut Instinct" and former MP Ray Skelly have many horror stories to tell about RCMP retaliation against those who criticise them I've seen the same practise first hand.<br /> The impunity with which Campbell River Mountie Wayne Tanahill was able to deliberatly lie in court, while the chief regional prosecutor Bob Gillen said that there is nothing illegal about a mountie lying in court, is a good example of the way they are a law unto themselves. <br /> A federal MP who was opposition justice critic for many years told me that he has never heard of any cop or prosecutor ever facing any consequences for lying or covering up evidence which would have prevented a wrongful conviction.<br /> John Keneddy once said that those who obstruct peaceful means of resolving a dispute, make violent means inevitable. When the APEC victims of Vancouver got the runaround from the complains proccess, RCMP headquarters in Victoria was firebombed and several police cars went up in flames. Can we expect to see more of the same? Having gone thru the complaints proccess, I wouldn't advise anyone to expect any satisfaction from it except to make them jump thru bureacratic hoops for a while.Anonymous unilateral action has thus gained more credibilty. <br /> Brent

Brent

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:59 am

I always surprised about what the media covers and what it doesn't. I think of myself as aware, I read Canadian and American newspapers but I don't recall the fire bombing of the police station in Victoria being covered?<br /> <br /> When did it happen and did they catch the what?.....insurgents?

Like a great red wine at the end of a good meal or a Van Morrison song played at just the right time, proof there is a god and every once in a while she smiles.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 10:00 am

I always surprised about what the media covers and what it doesn't. I think of myself as aware, I read Canadian and American newspapers but I don't recall the fire bombing of the police station in Victoria being covered?<br /> <br /> When did it happen and did they catch the what?.....insurgents?

Like a great red wine at the end of a good meal or a Van Morrison song played at just the right time, proof there is a god and every once in a while she smiles.

Forum Junkie

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:28 am

The firebombing happened just after the APEC whitewash. I haven't heard anything since.Censorship!!

Brent

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:56 am

Ian Bush was shoot in the back of the head on Oct 29,2005 while unarmed and in police custody in Houston BC.<br /> <br /> His alleged crime is not important for a couple of reasons; one he was not convicted of anything, had only been taken into custody and two it was for holding a open beer at a hockey game and three, it was not a crime that deserved the death penalty decided and carried out by a rookie RCMP officer named Paul Koester.<br /> <br /> If you want to be fair take some time to decide how an unarmed man could be shot in the back of the head, while in a cell, and that shooting could be called justified. Take your time, it can’t be done but I invite everyone to give it all the thought you can.<br /> <br /> Now the next step. Who do you get to investigate this crime? Who will speak for the dead man? How do we as a society protect ourselves from rookie RCMP officers like Paul Koester? How do we make sure that he does not shoot another man in the back of the head for carrying an open beer.<br /> <br /> They, because we allow this, get cops to do the investigation, but not even another service of police, like the dozens of city police forces in B C or city police forces in another province, no the RCMP in Houston chose another RCMP detachment to investigate it.<br /> <br /> And not just any RCMP detachment no, they chose New Westminster RCMP to investigate. Now I invite you to look at a map of BC, find Houston up in the north between Prince George and Prince Rupert. Now look south, all the way south to Vancouver and you will find New Westminster. OK, you are thinking, at least they got a detachment with no direct involvement right?<br /> <br /> Wrong, it turns out the New Westminster detachment is being investigated for their own shooting of and unarmed man, a teenager, Kyle Tait, 16,a passinger, not driver in stolen car in August 2005. Who is investigating them, at this point you are saying no way, it couldn’t be but it is. The Houston RCMP are investigating the New Westminster RCMP for a killing in August and now the New Westminster RCMP are going to investigate the Houston RCMP for a killing in October.<br /> <br /> Ian Bush and Kyle Tait and too many more are dead. The people who killed them are still armed and driving around free.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:56 am

An update to our gang violence problem.<br /> <br /> RCMP officer Paul Koester who is still on duty, still carrying a gun somewhere in BC, shot Ian Bush in the back of the head.<br /> <br /> Constable Todd Sweet of the New Westminster police shot and killed 16 year old Kyle Tait, who was the passenger in a stolen car. Constable Sweet, thank god, is no longer out on the street. After his fourth lawsuit for excessive force the New Westminster police finally put him on administrative duties. The bad news, he is training new recruits.<br /> <br /> The RCMP has stopped a probe into the Bush murder by the Civilian oversight agency. They will not cooperate with it. It has been 8 months since the shooting and no report has been released. The RCMP said, “ Further investigation is not necessary or reasonably practicable.”<br /> <br /> The report, by the RCMP, into the murder of Tait was completed almost a year afterward the shooting but still has not been released.<br /> <br /> The RCMP police investigated Sweet, the New Westminster police reviewed the investigation of Koester.<br /> <br /> Bush and Tait are dead. Two of the 22 people killed while in police custody in BC in the last 4 years.<br /> <br /> Perhaps we have a gang problem in this country. Perhaps the gangs we should be most afraid of wear badges. Perhaps we should have more control over the people we allow to carry guns.<br /> <br /> <br />

Forum Junkie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:11 pm

A cop accused of sexually abusing underage hookers had all action against him stopped, by police dragging out the proccess for over a year. When I filed a complaint against several Campbell River mounties ,they gave me their answer( full of contradictions ) one year plus a day after I filed the complaint , making the cops immune from any further action against them.<br /> For second class Canadians ( non members of the legal industry's old boys network) there is no statute of limitations on sex crimes , perjury,violation of charter rights or contempt of court . For first class Canadians ( members of the old boys network) there is a one year limitation. Police can whitewash any criminal complaint against one of their members by simply stalling the proccess for over one year.So much for the equality provisions in the charter.<br /> Brent

Brent