Author Topic Options

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:17 pm

Without meaning any "récupération politique" of this story, I do note that Monsieur Leblanc blogs in English in order to reach out. I would expect with a name like "Charles Leblanc" that he is a francophone.<br /> <br /> Does it mean that Franco activists must operate in English in a so-called bilingual province? I am also absolutely amazed at the number of people with very francophone names in the ROC that do not even understand French anymore... And oddly there are far more "francophiles" than francophones anymore in the ROC. Totally étrange.

LeCanardHasBeen
Malgré tout!

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:25 pm

Charles blogs in english because that's how he was taught to write, he speaks 'chiac' along with many in the eastern part of the province. As he lives in Fredericton it would be pointless to blog in french, and he has a lot of hits from across canada as well. Bilingualism in NB has really only helped a small minority, those who speak chiac aren't considered french OR english, while most government jobs go to well to do Frederictonians who send their kids to immersion. Moncton is the only truly 'bilingual' city in the province, the rest of the province has a very clear divide between french and english.