bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:07 pm

I'll be on La Cantina tonight from about 8pm PST to God only knows when in case anyone wants to come play. My handle is [MA] LongTrang1. :wink:

Hope to see a lot of =CKA= on there!

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:29 pm

Never tried that one.............I'm a COD2 guy.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:53 pm

Regina Regina:
Never tried that one.............I'm a COD2 guy.

BF2 is a LOT of fun - every time you play it's a different game and that's the joy of it - it just never gets boring. It's also pretty cheap to buy now and I just checked and it's on sale for US$14.99 on Amazon right now!

I so totally recommend this for you! R=UP

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:57 pm

Yeah online is always different so it never gets boring........especially when the hackers are out. :lol:

I really like the WWII genre so I guess that's why I'm into COD2. I should get BF2 just to change it up a bit though.

Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:03 pm

Regina Regina:
Yeah online is always different so it never gets boring........especially when the hackers are out. :lol:

I really like the WWII genre so I guess that's why I'm into COD2. I should get BF2 just to change it up a bit though.

I am into the WWII genre too. Been playing CoD UO forever and I also have CoD3 as well. CoD4 is coming later this year and it based on modern day warefare. Can't wait! BF2 is awesome as well.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:04 pm

Regina Regina:

BF2 is the update to Battlefield 1942 - which is really good, but it doesn't have a lot of the features of BF2. Still, I've been known to get out my BF1942 every now and again to go get my WW2 ya-yas out.

There's something pretty cool about getting to fly a B-17 or an F-4 or getting to blow stuff up in a King Tiger tank. :wink:

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:16 pm

Actually I have BF1942 but have never played it online. Because I have allot of flight sims, the flying part of the game was kind of disappointing. I was mucking around with that one when COD2 came out and thought it was a huge jump in gaming and graphics. BF1942 was also just screwy history too........when did the French Army fight in Italy? :lol:

Maybe I'll branch out.......

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:42 pm

I finally completed COD2 on the medium level - just began the difficult one when Rainbow6 arrived - what a total delight that was - finished that and bought GRAW - didn't much like it because I've never seen Mexico City so desolate - not a civilian to be seen - no traffic jams and no pollution - so, I bought GRAW2 - much better - just purchased COD4 which comes out in October - nothing to do with WWII this time - should be interesting. . . .

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:47 pm

karra karra:
I finally completed COD2 on the medium level - just began the difficult one when Rainbow6 arrived - what a total delight that was - finished that and bought GRAW - didn't much like it because I've never seen Mexico City so desolate - not a civilian to be seen - no traffic jams and no pollution - so, I bought GRAW2 - much better - just purchased COD4 which comes out in October - nothing to do with WWII this time - should be interesting. . . .
Do you play COD2 online or do you have a console unit?

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:50 pm

Just the console - which crapped out, had to be sent back for repair and came back with an extended warranty.

I'm happy - though I must admit to never having played online. . . .

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:54 pm

Playing online is a totally different thing. Interactive and competitive to say the least. There's also allot more mods for the game and there are tons of servers that have different maps and features......it's worth hard drive space.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:01 pm

Care to provide directions - or is it just a Google search - how much hd space is required?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:03 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
I'll be on La Cantina tonight from about 8pm PST to God only knows when in case anyone wants to come play. My handle is [MA] LongTrang1. :wink:

Hope to see a lot of =CKA= on there!

IP?

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:09 pm

I think it's only like 4GB of hard drive. You'd need to get the PC version of the game which comes with the muti-player version as well. Once you load it in you click on the multi-player game and it will list all the servers.............which will be 6-10 thousand servers and playing styles. Pick a game with a low ping and it will be quite fun. You can even chat to others as you play either with a mic or key board.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:10 pm

BF2 on line is the best military FPS out there.

La Catina, I've played on that server before.

I'll be there, my usb port is fucked for my mic though.

My handle ...Oz447