CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:42 pm

50 some accounts ending with AB.GOV.CA no MLA's

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:45 pm

It's all fun and games till someone loses an eye. Apparently you don't have to use your real name to register on Ashley Madison so alot of the so called Celeb's on the list may just be regular degenerates who thought it'd be funny to use someone else's name especially someone in the news.

Quote:
So what about the data? Some may be fake: The dump contains the last four digits of credit-card numbers, which Ashley Madison's founding chief technical officer, Raja Bhatia, told Krebs that the service didn't retain. That said, security professionals and specialized news websites have proclaimed the archive legitimate, in part because it contains internal documents from Avid Life. I have downloaded it and seen, for example, a file containing the company's floor plan and another purporting to contain the list of its shareholders. Besides, Krebs and others reported that verified clients confirmed that the dump contained their information.

What are the uncovered users going to tell their partners? For one, they can believably claim identity theft. The site encouraged users to set up free, anonymous e-mail addresses, so why would anybody use a real name? As cybersecurity blogger Graham Cluley put it, "I could have created an account at Ashley Madison with the address of barack.obama@whitehouse.gov, but it wouldn't have meant that Obama was a user of the site."

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2 ... on-t-worry

So until someone proves otherwise the only Celeb's name I'll believe was real if it showed up on the list would be Charlie Sheen's. ROTFL

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:57 pm

Freakinoldguy wrote:
It's all fun and games till someone loses an eye. Apparently you don't have to use your real name to register on Ashley Madison so alot of the so called Celeb's on the list may just be regular degenerates who thought it'd be funny to use someone else's name especially someone in the news.

Quote:
So what about the data? Some may be fake: The dump contains the last four digits of credit-card numbers, which Ashley Madison's founding chief technical officer, Raja Bhatia, told Krebs that the service didn't retain. That said, security professionals and specialized news websites have proclaimed the archive legitimate, in part because it contains internal documents from Avid Life. I have downloaded it and seen, for example, a file containing the company's floor plan and another purporting to contain the list of its shareholders. Besides, Krebs and others reported that verified clients confirmed that the dump contained their information.

What are the uncovered users going to tell their partners? For one, they can believably claim identity theft. The site encouraged users to set up free, anonymous e-mail addresses, so why would anybody use a real name? As cybersecurity blogger Graham Cluley put it, "I could have created an account at Ashley Madison with the address of barack.obama@whitehouse.gov, but it wouldn't have meant that Obama was a user of the site."

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2 ... on-t-worry

So until someone proves otherwise the only Celeb's name I'll believe was real if it showed up on the list would be Charlie Sheen's. ROTFL

That's a great user name for POF, thanks. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:41 am

BartSimpson wrote:
PublicAnimalNo9 wrote:
The hackers went too far though by publishing credit card info of clients. They may be cheaters but they still have family to support. Why punish the family financially for no good reason? They may already be suffering from the knowledge that their spouse/parent is a douche.

I'd normally agree with you but in publishing the credit card information they've given a bunch of wronged spouses and wronged employers incontrovertible evidence of intent.

While an email address may show up on a contact list through no fault of the owner of that email address credit card information has to be purposefully entered and carefully confirmed...demonstrating intent and the credit card numbers also confirm that the identity of the person using the email address is the same as the person with the credit card number.

No one is weaseling out of this one.

Perhaps, but this is a moral crime, nothing more.

If they were pedophiles, I'd be all for it. These were just normally bankrupt and very stupid people. Jerks.

It's not illegal to be morally bankrupt. Stealing credit card information is.

And frankly, employers enacting retribution on employees for this REEKS.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:13 am

No one I know is on that list!

:rock:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:27 pm

Oddly enough my email wasn't compromised. Anyway, had the account since before my current relationship, so I'm not overly concerned about having to make an excuse for why I have a profile.

That said, I think strict societal monogamy is an outdated concept. If two people in a relationship want to be monogamous, that's great. If both want an open relationship, that is also great. The grey line becomes when one wants open and one doesn't. What trumps what? It seems to me like relationships are always about being yourself, and that you shouldn't have to change. So if you want open, don't change it. Whether your spouse wants to live with that or not is up to them, and either choice is perfectly reasonable; so long as they are making that choice for themselves, as you made your choice for you.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:41 pm

NOTHING is secret or sacred on the 'net. Thinking otherwise is to live in a fools paradise.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:28 am

Canadian_Mind wrote:
Oddly enough my email wasn't compromised. Anyway, had the account since before my current relationship, so I'm not overly concerned about having to make an excuse for why I have a profile.

That said, I think strict societal monogamy is an outdated concept. If two people in a relationship want to be monogamous, that's great. If both want an open relationship, that is also great. The grey line becomes when one wants open and one doesn't. What trumps what? It seems to me like relationships are always about being yourself, and that you shouldn't have to change. So if you want open, don't change it. Whether your spouse wants to live with that or not is up to them, and either choice is perfectly reasonable; so long as they are making that choice for themselves, as you made your choice for you.

Uh yeah. If you feel the need to cheat on your spouse, don't be a fucking coward and just end the marriage already. Open marriages notwithstanding.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:01 am

And here I was told traditional 'marriage' would be ruined by allowing the homosexuals to use the word. :o

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:03 am

DrCaleb wrote:
And here I was told traditional 'marriage' would be ruined by allowing the homosexuals to use the word. :o

I was told it was the Kardashians who ruined it.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:20 am

BRAH wrote:
DrCaleb wrote:

I was told it was the Kardashians who ruined it.

You are thinking of the O.J. Simpson trial. Now they are trying to ruin immigration, which is why the Kanye offspring was named 'Northwest'. ;)