bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:32 pm

If you haven't heard about the Ashley Madison hack go check it out on Google News!

If you have and you're an email administrator there's a handy web search which will identify email addresses within your domain that have been registered on Ashley Madison. You have to register and verify that you are an admin on your domain.

https://haveibeenpwned.com/DomainSearch

Sadly, I just found sixteen people on my email domain who registered their official accounts on this website for cheaters. :(

My day just got busier.

I hope your day is boring. [B-o]

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:17 pm

I was smart and used something not related to work.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:18 pm

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:45 pm

The hackers went too far though by publishing credit card info of clients. They may be cheaters but they still have family to support. Why punish the family financially for no good reason? They may already be suffering from the knowledge that their spouse/parent is a douche.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:29 am

I had never heard of this website before all this, it's kind of bizarre how popular it apparently was.

Releasing the credit card info is dirty. I have a tendency to enjoy some good ol' fashion public scorn and shame for bad people, but this reveal shouldn't cost these people anything more than their relationships.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:03 am

BartSimpson wrote:
Sadly, I just found sixteen people on my email domain who registered their official accounts on this website for cheaters. :(

:roll: What breed of idiot uses their real email address for such things, let alone their work address?

You just can't legislate brains. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:13 am

I feel sorry for the unlucky peeps who have the actual name of Ashley Madison. XD

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:16 am

DrCaleb wrote:
BartSimpson wrote:

:roll: What breed of idiot uses their real email address for such things, let alone their work address?

I wasn't thinking. 8O

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:22 am

PublicAnimalNo9 wrote:
The hackers went too far though by publishing credit card info of clients. They may be cheaters but they still have family to support. Why punish the family financially for no good reason? They may already be suffering from the knowledge that their spouse/parent is a douche.

I'd normally agree with you but in publishing the credit card information they've given a bunch of wronged spouses and wronged employers incontrovertible evidence of intent.

While an email address may show up on a contact list through no fault of the owner of that email address credit card information has to be purposefully entered and carefully confirmed...demonstrating intent and the credit card numbers also confirm that the identity of the person using the email address is the same as the person with the credit card number.

No one is weaseling out of this one.

Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:35 am

DrCaleb wrote:
BartSimpson wrote:

A real live howling LOL echoes through the Count's residence.

ooops nurse Rachet heard that.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:05 am

DrCaleb wrote:
BartSimpson wrote:

I had to make sure of this before I posted it but each and every one of the sixteen is a Democrat. One is an appointee...for now.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:09 am

Public_Domain wrote:
I had never heard of this website before all this, it's kind of bizarre how popular it apparently was.

Releasing the credit card info is dirty. I have a tendency to enjoy some good ol' fashion public scorn and shame for bad people, but this reveal shouldn't cost these people anything more than their relationships.

I had never heard of it before either. At first I thought it was some celebrity's personal website.

Considering the number of people who's info has been released I'm sure there are many already cancelling those credit cards and email accounts too.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:18 pm

Apparently Saint Duggar had 2 accounts.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:05 pm

sandorski wrote:
Apparently Saint Duggar had 2 accounts.

That's OK. He'll do the Jimmy Swaggart type of apology in front of the faithful and all will be forgiven.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:39 pm

Hey, a less famous but equally disgusting sack of shit internet-evangelist also got caught. :lol:

Don't worry, Sammy. All ya gotta do is one of these,

and all will be forgiven. Your two-faced bullshit won't let us take our eyes of the REAL enemy, i.e. homosexuals, single moms, and scientists. :lol: :lol: