CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:07 pm

I want to start downloading some music and haven’t a clue where to go or how to get started, classic rock is what I would call my genre, what does it cost? Last time I tried to download free music a virus ate my hard drive.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:42 pm

Try Limewire.com

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:54 pm

Is columbia house still around?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:00 pm

BAT119 BAT119:
I want to start downloading some music and haven’t a clue where to go or how to get started, classic rock is what I would call my genre, what does it cost? Last time I tried to download free music a virus ate my hard drive.

Get yourself an free online Youtube to MP3 converter and follow the instructions. It's actually easy. Start playing a song on youtube, copy the url, paste it to the converter, press convert, then when it's done, download it to your PC.

Not that I'd ever do something like that, but, from what my friends tell me, that's how it works. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:47 pm

Thanks for the tips

I just found out cell phones don't work unless you turn them on, someday I hope to text

Anaheim Ducks
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:09 pm

Ahhh...my friends say this converter works well...

http://download.cnet.com/Free-YouTube-to-MP3-Converter/3000-2194_4-10665553.html?tag=contentBody;mostPopTwoColWrap

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:10 pm

BAT119 BAT119:
Thanks for the tips

I just found out cell phones don't work unless you turn them on, someday I hope to text

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I use limewire too

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:16 pm

iTunes works pretty well too.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:26 pm

BAT119 BAT119:
Thanks for the tips

Baby steps my son.....baby steps

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:57 pm

I use Pirates Bay or ISO Hunt myself and Vuze is the software used to download the torrents, I've gotten viruses fromLimewire so I stay away, Manolito is a good one as well.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:04 pm

BAT119 BAT119:

Good.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:16 pm

I was using the pay cards that Napster and Puretracks sold in the convenience stores for my downloads but they decided to get rid of the cards last year. I'm too paranoid of getting virused to use the other services and I won't put any credit card info onto my computer for Napster/Puretracks either. I'm more or less back to buying CD's again, which I don't mind doing anyway.

It's good for me that I utterly detest most modern rock and pop nowadays anyhow. I sure can't see myself shelling out cash for any of the god-awful shit that dominates the scene right now.