Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:06 pm

I was in the local Chapters the other day and saw they had the Kobo on sale, and it peaked my interest back into getting an e-reader. So who out there has one?

Forum Elite
Forum Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:32 pm

I have a sony pocket reader. Really good if you like to have a book with you at all times, takes up no space and holds around 300 books. The screen looks just like paper so it doesn't get harsh on the eyes after long periods of reading.

Go to this site and read up on ebooks http://www.mobileread.com/ they also have lots of free ebooks you can download and many times if you request a ebook someone will put it up for you.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:20 pm

I dont have a reader, so i admit that might make me biased, but I have a netbook, and I have to say that my netbook costs the same as an ereader, probaby works not that bad as an ereader(havent tried it) and does much much more than an ereader does.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:28 pm

A netbook is just as good as an e -reader, I have found after spending a few hundred on an reader. I-pad or its equivalent will likely work well too.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:46 pm

KorbenDeck wrote:
I have a sony pocket reader. Really good if you like to have a book with you at all times, takes up no space and holds around 300 books. The screen looks just like paper so it doesn't get harsh on the eyes after long periods of reading.

I have this too! :D PRS-300...

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:33 am

I read books on my PC rarely and only via programm called ICE Book reader, should say that reading on pc is faster than when you have a book in your own hands, but I like the smell of paper, so that's not for me, book is a book and electronic toy is a toyImage.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:11 am

I bought my wife the Barnes & Noble Nook last july. After doing much research I determined it was the best e-reader. Based on features, hardware specs and its look. It also runs android!

She uses it A LOT!! She read like 20 books in thailand on it. One pain with the nook is its officialy US only, so you have to use a fake US address to buy books from the B&N Store. The nook is like the kindle where you can buy books right on the device from an integrated book store. And it seems a lot of books are cheaper on B&N than amazon.

There is also a colour nook coming soon.

Also Google just announced its ebooks site which is comptable with the Nook, but not with the kindle. There is also Nook apps for the iphone, ipad, android and windows.

The Chapters kobo is alright, its nice that its tied to a large Canadian book chain, but the hardware itself is no where as nice or feature rich as the nook.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:37 am

You were on your honeymoon and she read 20 books!

Canadaka, we need to talk. :(

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:45 am

raydan wrote:
You were on your honeymoon and she read 20 books!

Canadaka, we need to talk. :(

Well raydan, the people's fantasy is various, maybe she can read and ........do something else...Image :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:47 am

I've been researching the different types of e-readers on the market and still don't know which to go with. My needs: good screen as my eyesight isn't the greatest; the ability to highlight or bookmark for notations.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:32 pm

Kobo touch would be your best bet, its cheap and lets you highlight and book mark.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:24 pm

i asked Santa for one for Christmas
:D

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:53 pm

I rather like my ipad 4

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:35 pm

I have a Next Book ...has a 7" screen. I don't think it is one of the well known brands but it works well.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:33 pm

My friend loves her Sony EReader, but I won't knock the iPad. 10" screen lets you view 2 side by side pages like a normal book, and with the default font size I don't need to wear reading glasses.
Just that e-books are such a ripoff.