CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:15 am

Alright guys, I'm wondering what the best program is for editing video and still shot images. I recieved a video file from the US Coast Guard regarding on of our products that failed in the field. I'm looking to zoom in (which isn't a problem), but also I need to clear up the image and remove the distortion. Any ideas?

Colorado Avalanche
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:54 pm

Download the trial for Adobe Premier and give that a shot.
http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere/

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:52 am

phiscott phiscott:
Alright guys, I'm wondering what the best program is for editing video and still shot images. I recieved a video file from the US Coast Guard regarding on of our products that failed in the field. I'm looking to zoom in (which isn't a problem), but also I need to clear up the image and remove the distortion. Any ideas?
send me the picture or send it to blue nose

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:27 am

Both Fatbasturd and Blue nose are good at this type of thing

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:19 am

Depends on what you mean by distortion, but I can take a look at it if you don't mind posting the photo.

Photo restoration is a lot harder than most stuff, though...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:28 am

I use Adobe premier, but i have never figured out how to manipulate video. Something I always wanted to learn.

Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:03 am

All I could think of for it, was to take a screen shot of the part I need from the vid, and just mess around with the saved image. I don't think that you can manipuate a full avi file. But I sent it to Fatbasturd this morning when I got to the plant, so we'll see. Thanks for the Adobe idea, I'm dl'ing it now.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:46 pm

phiscott phiscott:
All I could think of for it, was to take a screen shot of the part I need from the vid, and just mess around with the saved image. I don't think that you can manipuate a full avi file. But I sent it to Fatbasturd this morning when I got to the plant, so we'll see. Thanks for the Adobe idea, I'm dl'ing it now.
That is an old email that no longer works....please send it here [email protected]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:56 pm

phiscott phiscott:

I agree ...use Adobe Premiere 1.5 pro. You can find the frames where you want to zoom in and crop them, then re-size them to the same resolution as the rest of the avi.

Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:34 am

fatbasturd fatbasturd:
That is an old email that no longer works....please send it here [email protected][/quote]

actually that is the email that I used

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:14 am

phiscott phiscott:
fatbasturd fatbasturd:
That is an old email that no longer works....please send it here [email protected]

actually that is the email that I used[/quote]I have the image you went to my junk mail :D I can clean that up ...but if you just tell me what font it is both words I can make you a nice psd file any size you want an exact copy.

Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:27 am

I don't really know the font.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:04 pm

no worries i should have it ..I have a collection of about 40,000 of them it may take me a bit to find them