canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:55 pm

This one starts with the phone call from "Microsoft Support" and offers you a $139 refund for using Windows 10.
Do what they say and they set Syskey, a pre-logon to windows password you don't know. They'll sell it to you, no idea what price!

Sets fastboot in Windows10, so you can't access your startup setting to boot from a rescue CD or USB stick....
gibbles up or deletes all your System Restore files

I know no one here's dumb enough to fall for it, but in my tiny town someone here does every goddam day. I posted this pic the other day and got an email from my own sister asking "Why???". People do not listen these days. I sat with her anc explained why at least twice, and the idiot who got syskey- I told him at least 5 times in the last 2 years to hang up the fucking phone on these scammers.

Attachments:
Negan.jpg
Negan.jpg [ 139.74 KiB | Viewed 22 times ]
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 1:04 pm

Yeah. Folks can shit on Google all they want but I've had none of these crises since I made the permanent switch from IE to Chrome. Happened at least three times with IE, one time which pretty much destroyed my old Windows ME computer, even with a back-up like Norton activated (allegedly). Also, the benefits of NOT answering the phone to unknown numbers couldn't be greater. If it's real they'll leave a message. If not then fuck them.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 4:02 pm

I always ask them to call back my husband wants to talk to them. The last time they hung up on me. 8O

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:13 pm

Not me, I just asked them what they were wearing and then started breathing heavily. Works everytime and bonus, I even got to do it to one of their male supervisors after the original woman hack freaked out. His conversation got quite heated especially when I started screaming into the phone "talk louder I think I'm coming". He also mentioned something about calling the police but, I told him I doubted they could get from Calcutta to my place before I hung up.

They don't phone me anymore and I can't understand why. [cry]

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 8:43 am

My favorite scammer was one who I let remote to one of my virtual machines (he never noticed that name was SANDBOX) and I, in turn, established a remote session to HIS computer.

Hilarity and hijinks quickly ensued. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:10 am

Anybody who calls me and speaks English is pretty much trying to sell me something or is a scammer. They give up fast when they figure out I don't understand the language. :lol:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:48 am

I only got called once.
Tony from Microsoft! My goodness hello, this is Gooberjeet from OSX how is the weather in Mumbai? It is hot here in SriLanka.
Click