CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 63919
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:45 am
 


http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-2 ... hones-2008

Full title: Wikileaks Releases "NightSkies 1.2": Proof CIA Bugs "Factory Fresh" iPhones

Quote:
The latest leaks from WikiLeaks' Vault 7 is titled “Dark Matter” and claims that the CIA has been bugging “factory fresh” iPhones since at least 2008 through suppliers. The full documents are expected to be released after a 10 a.m. EDT “press briefing” that WikiLeaks promoted on its Twitter.


If you have an iPhone it's time to reset it and wipe all of your personal data from it. You've got until Monday at the latest before someone starts exploiting this vulnerability and stealing information from these phones.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33958
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:59 am
 


Quote:
. . . it is likely that many CIA physical access attacks have infected the targeted organization's supply chain including by interdicting mail orders and other shipments (opening, infecting, and resending) leaving the United States or otherwise.


I had read rumors long ago that many things, like routers, were diverted, opened and re-flashed with compromised code. 8O I imagined it to be for specific targets though, not in general.

I wonder how they'd keep up a constant compromise on Apple over 9 years though. Wouldn't someone do a test on factory new samples to verify quality control? [huh]


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 63919
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:39 am
 


The bugs are built in at the factory. Given that phones are shipped to stores with no prior knowledge of who will buy them then the only way to make sure a target gets a compromised phone is to compromise them all.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33691
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:50 am
 


DrCaleb wrote:
I wonder how they'd keep up a constant compromise on Apple over 9 years though. Wouldn't someone do a test on factory new samples to verify quality control? [huh]


Ummm, yes.
The bugs were put in during testing to make sure they worked correctly.


Just like VW.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33958
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:08 am
 


martin14 wrote:
DrCaleb wrote:
I wonder how they'd keep up a constant compromise on Apple over 9 years though. Wouldn't someone do a test on factory new samples to verify quality control? [huh]


Ummm, yes.
The bugs were put in during testing to make sure they worked correctly.

Just like VW.


Then they would differ from design spec, and that should be caught in post assembly testing! Not every unit gets post assembly tested, just a random sample.

VW was faulty by design, not faulty because of post manufacture tampering.

BartSimpson wrote:
The bugs are built in at the factory. Given that phones are shipped to stores with no prior knowledge of who will buy them then the only way to make sure a target gets a compromised phone is to compromise them all.


Someone at Apple should have received samples of the manufactured product, and tested them. Right then the shenanigans should have been caught. Unless the CIA owned the post-testers, or made sure only design spec phones were sent back for testing. :idea:


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33691
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:56 am
 


DrCaleb wrote:

VW was faulty by design,


So was Apple.
You really think the company wouldn't pick this up ?


Quote:
Unless the CIA owned the post-testers, or made sure only design spec phones were sent back for testing. :idea:


Or the CIA was involved from the get-go.
Isn't that a comforting thought ?


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 9046
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:21 pm
 


VWs were faulty? If you're referring to the emission scandal they were made to cheat and performed flawlessly until they got caught. That means the only fault was they were discoverable.
Which would be the same for iPhones as Dr Caleb points out.
But if you'd rather believe there was some huge conspiracy that involved Apple's top management, design teams and every independent testing lab and security company on the planet...


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33691
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:13 pm
 


herbie wrote:
VWs were faulty? If you're referring to the emission scandal they were made to cheat and performed flawlessly until they got caught. That means the only fault was they were discoverable.
Which would be the same for iPhones as Dr Caleb points out.


Yes, same as the phones, it's been found out.




Quote:
But if you'd rather believe there was some huge conspiracy that involved Apple's top management, design teams and every independent testing lab and security company on the planet...


Everyone thought VW was a company with integrity; turns out they were wrong.

All the VW cheating came straight from the top.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 20917
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:34 pm
 


If it was zero-day exploitable type stuff, just discreet bugs, I suppose the gamble with "every independent testing lab and security company on the planet" was that the bugs wouldn't be found for as long as possible/would never get patched, and if they were, the bugs themselves wouldn't tell any stories.

Also yeah, my money is on Apple knows. With PRISM and all that shit with the NSA implicating forced undisclosable cooperation from the Apple, Google, Microsoft, Facebook, etc. I'd be surprised if they don't know. :|

Can't wait to hear what Google/Samsung/HTC/Blackberry/LG are doing


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 63919
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:54 pm
 


martin14 wrote:
All the VW cheating came straight from the top.


All of the cheating at Apple came straight from the top, too.

And that dog and pony show where the FBI was suing Apple to obtain access to all of their products was just the FBI trying to legitimize criminal evidence that we now know they obtained illegally.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 23765
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:10 pm
 


I'm more surprised that after 9 years of jailbreaking none of those guys found it. They probably know the ios code better than apple.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 23765
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:10 pm
 


BartSimpson wrote:
martin14 wrote:
All the VW cheating came straight from the top.


All of the cheating at Apple came straight from the top, too.

And that dog and pony show where the FBI was suing Apple to obtain access to all of their products was just the FBI trying to legitimize criminal evidence that we now know they obtained illegally.
Or the CIA never told them they can do it.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 63919
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:08 pm
 


I suspect they knew and that the dog and pony show was meant to impress the public that iPhones were secure when in fact they were not.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 63919
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:14 pm
 


Annnnd less than thirty minutes ago it got worse:

Massive Amount of Data on 47 HARD DRIVES from Whistle Blower Proves Obama and Crew Spied on Everyone

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/03 ... -everyone/

Images of documents at the link can't be copied and pasted here but here's the summary:

Quote:
The whistleblower Mr. Montgomery left the NSA and CIA with 47 hard drives and 600 million pages of information exposing the illegal surveillance on prominent Americans during the Obama years including Donald Trump.


Must fucking suck to be the media right now knowing that Trump and his 'wiretap' claim are now backed by literally solid evidence. :mrgreen:


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 23765
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:44 am
 


Hasn't been picked up by anyone credible, I'll wait to see if that happens.


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  1  2  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.