CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Forum rules

This is a Conservative Party forum meant for like-minded discussion, if you want to flame or debate in open, please use the main Canadian Politics forum.

Stance on Abortion:
Abortion illegal under all circumstances  29%  [ 10 ]
Abortion illegal with certain exceptions (rape, threat to woman's life, etc.)  21%  [ 7 ]
Abortion illegal after 1st trimester (with exception of threat to womans life, etc.)  24%  [ 8 ]
Abortion illegal after 2nd trimester (with exception of threat to womans life, etc.)  9%  [ 3 ]
Abortion allowed at any stage up to actual birth, no restrictions.  18%  [ 6 ]
Other  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 34

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:44 am

hwacker hwacker:
Brenda Brenda:
hwacker hwacker:
westmanguy westmanguy:
73% of voters in this poll want some type of restriction on abortion.

and 4 people that would like to kill the baby as soon as it takes it first breath.

And THAT is murder.

yeah fine line you walk there.

Are you a vegetarian?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:31 am

$1:
And that is just the point... It is not "simply".

My kids are born out of love, not out of lust nor hate. And that makes a lot of difference...

I think, and I honestly do, you can THINK about it whatever you want, but you can only act when you live it... Which means, someone without kids, can not imagine what a change in your life it is. It overwhelmed me too. The responsability you have for a baby is not an easy task. Abortion therefor is not an easy discision. Don't underestemate it...

Well I was an accident but my parents still love me. :P I have some children they just live overseas. :)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:48 am

Clogeroo Clogeroo:
Well I was an accident but my parents still love me. :P I have some children they just live overseas. :)

An ACCIDENT is not what I call "reason for abortion". I guess this states my point...

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:02 pm

I would say illegal after the first trimester.

I'm very much pro-responsibility on the matter. In a democratic society, people have to be free to make choice. They must also be responsible for their choices.

While I certainly don't favor abortion (in fact, my advocacy for reasonable controls on abortion got me banned by the fascists at the Rabble.ca forum), I am personally satisfied so long as the woman having the abortion is doing it because she believes it is the best choice for everyone involved. A woman having an abortion because she "doesn't want a baby" or is "worried that a baby will screw up [her] career", frankly, earns my deepest contempt. Abortion is certainly not to be used as retro-active birth control.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:29 pm

How the hell did we get 9 votes for Abortion illegal under all circumstances?

Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:42 pm

people voted but did not leave a comment

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:40 pm

Thats sort of shocking.

If a young 13 year old girl was raped and was going to die she should attempt to have the baby anyways.

I am for illegal, but reasonable exceptions...

Forum Elite
Forum Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:13 pm

Brenda Brenda:
hwacker hwacker:
Brenda Brenda:
hwacker hwacker:
westmanguy westmanguy:
73% of voters in this poll want some type of restriction on abortion.

and 4 people that would like to kill the baby as soon as it takes it first breath.

And THAT is murder.

yeah fine line you walk there.

Are you a vegetarian?

i am

Forum Elite
Forum Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:15 pm

Clogeroo Clogeroo:
$1:
And that is just the point... It is not "simply".

My kids are born out of love, not out of lust nor hate. And that makes a lot of difference...

I think, and I honestly do, you can THINK about it whatever you want, but you can only act when you live it... Which means, someone without kids, can not imagine what a change in your life it is. It overwhelmed me too. The responsability you have for a baby is not an easy task. Abortion therefor is not an easy discision. Don't underestemate it...

well my parents were married in 1946..i was born in 1961 and my brother in 1963...so most likely they were planned lol

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:04 pm

Patrick_Ross Patrick_Ross:
I would say illegal after the first trimester.

I'm very much pro-responsibility on the matter. In a democratic society, people have to be free to make choice. They must also be responsible for their choices.

While I certainly don't favor abortion (in fact, my advocacy for reasonable controls on abortion got me banned by the fascists at the Rabble.ca forum), I am personally satisfied so long as the woman having the abortion is doing it because she believes it is the best choice for everyone involved. A woman having an abortion because she "doesn't want a baby" or is "worried that a baby will screw up [her] career", frankly, earns my deepest contempt. Abortion is certainly not to be used as retro-active birth control.

There you go! R=UP

Forum Elite
Forum Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:24 am

77% to 20%...i think we're holding our own :)..just wonder whats up with the 3%

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:33 am

$1:
well my parents were married in 1946..i was born in 1961 and my brother in 1963...so most likely they were planned lol

:D