CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Forum rules

This is a Conservative Party forum meant for like-minded discussion, if you want to flame or debate in open, please use the main Canadian Politics forum.

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:44 pm

$1:
As you might remember, in the last federal election, the nightly CPAC-SES tracking included leadership measures (trust, competence and vision). One year later, SES and CPAC have completed a follow up leadership evaluation.

The CPAC-SES Leader Report Card indicates that after one year in power, Prime Minister Stephen Harper has noticeably improved all measures related to leadership. Compared to the eve of the federal election, he has significantly improved his leadership image score on trust (+14 points), competence (+17) and his vision for Canada (+14).

Canada (2007 - MoE ± 3.1%, 2006 - MoE ± 5.0%)
The change from the night before the election is in parenthesis.

Most Trustworthy Leader
Harper – 35% (+14)
Dion – 20% (Martin - 18%)
Duceppe – 8% (-3)
Layton – 18% (-7)
May – 8% (Harris - 3%)

Most Competent Leader
Harper – 41% (+17)
Dion – 22% (Martin - 28%)
Duceppe – 8% (No change)
Layton – 13% (-4)
May – 4% (Harris - 2%)

Best Vision for Canada
Harper – 39% (+14)
Dion – 21% (Martin - 25%)
Duceppe – 5% (-1)
Layton – 16% (-2)
May – 7% (Harris - 3%)

The tables with the tabs for all leaders and the methodology are posted on our website at: http://www.sesresearch.com.

Polling between February 2nd and 8th, 2007 (Random Telephone Survey of Canadians, 18 years of age and older). The statistics of the latest wave are based on a total sample of 1,002 respondents and is accurate to within 3.1 percentage points, plus or minus, 19 times out of 20. The results are compared to the CPAC-SES election tracking completed the day before the federal election (January 22, 2006).

Adds didn't work, huh? Hate to see what the numbers would be without them :-)

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:48 pm

w00t
[BB]

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:45 pm

What I would really like to see someone run, is an American-style favourable/unfavourable poll. According to Joe Trippi, they're much more reliable than traditional support polls.

All the same, I'm not sure if I would attribute this to improved absolute perception among Canadian citizens as much as I would attribute it to improved comparative perception. In other words, not so much an improved opinion of Harper so much as a generally poor opinion of Stephane Dion.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:04 pm

he may be ahead in the polls but come election time goodbye harper, hello liberal party for the next twelve years

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:35 pm

kathematics kathematics:
he may be ahead in the polls but come election time goodbye harper, hello liberal party for the next twelve years

That sounds more like a Liberal's wet dream.

Di'yawn' is weak, and only caters to the French - because the English have no clue wtf he is saying.

He should have run for the Bloc, not the Liberals.

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:25 am

tritium tritium:
kathematics kathematics:

That sounds more like a Liberal's wet dream.

Di'yawn' is weak, and only caters to the French - because the English have no clue wtf he is saying.

He should have run for the Bloc, not the Liberals.

He was a member of the Parti Qubecois before joining the liberals... and I dont think he has dropped his French citizenship yet...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

I think Harper's been doing a reasonable job of it :) I wouldn't have any objections to seeing him stay on.

I think one of the reasons people have confidence in him is likely because the people are (for the most part) kept aware of what he's up to. A nice change from the liberals where once they were gone, all this shit suddenly surfaced that few people had any idea about.

There's never going to be one government body that "everybody" is happy with, or that doesn't make mistakes.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 5:46 pm

not sure sure if i believe many of the polls, i find the media only shows the polls they like on the news. which are usually the ones showing the results very close.
some papers the toronto star for example will show a poll , there was one this week that showed things tied but there headline was "poll gives liberal the edge".not due to results but because of voters second choice or something which i found kinda odd. since the liberals weren't ahead in the poll.
at the moment i think harper has more name regonition then dion and so the polls should show more of a lead as best leader.