Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:35 am

Tricks Tricks:
I think the mistake is that you're attributing the reluctance to release a name as some sort of cover-up. If it's some random asshole doing a one off with no sort of connection, they can release his name because there isn't likely anyone who is connected. And that's the most common situation for "white" shooters. If there is concern of it being part of a cell, others knowing about it, or anything have to do with other people, I would assume they want to investigate a bit, and get those people under observation/in custody before spooking them and causing them to run.

The point you made with the white shooters lends support to the Coulter anecdote.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:42 pm

Presser on tv now.

Names of the police officers have been released... RIP.
Sarah Burns
Lawrence Costello

Nothing on victims or shooter. Except shooter was a 48 year old man.

Remember, Coulter's law states the longer it takes, the less the likelihood
that the perp is a white male.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:47 pm

Wanna place bets this will be further used to push the liberal's anti-gun movement?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:51 pm

Shitty looking apartment complex where it happened and the bastard was apparently yelling at the neighbours through the walls before he shot at them too. Looks like it could be some kind of ghetto bastard having a meltdown sort of thing.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:54 pm

llama66 llama66:
Wanna place bets this will be further used to push the liberal's anti-gun movement?

Goes without saying.

It is worth saying that if anyone wanted to get a PAL or RPAL,
probably better to get it sooner rather than later.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:06 pm

martin14 martin14:
Presser on tv now.

Sarah Burns
Lawrence Costello

Can I ask, why are you so focused on the name of the killer?

You're more interested in furthering your narrative about Muslim shooters and media conspiracy theories than finding out who the victims are and paying your proper respects.

That's backwards and in poor taste.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:15 pm

Coach85 Coach85:
martin14 martin14:
Presser on tv now.

Sarah Burns
Lawrence Costello

Can I ask, why are you so focused on the name of the killer?

You're more interested in furthering your narrative about Muslim shooters and media conspiracy theories than finding out who the victims are and paying your proper respects.

That's backwards and in poor taste.

I put up the names of the officers, what else would you like me to do ?

So I did find out about the victims.

As far as the other two, or the 'multiple' victims that have so overwhelmed
the local hospital they have have told people to stay away,
well they aren't releasing any of that information.

Let me ask, do you have the names and information of the Danforth wounded yet ?
Pictures ?
Back stories ?
Ever wonder why ?

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:24 pm

martin14 martin14:

I put up the names of the officers, what else would you like me to do ?

So I did find out about the victims.

Your first inclination was to write the following:

$1:
1 suspect in custody. So they know who it is... tick, Coulter, tock.

Zero mention of victims. No questions. No curiosity about them or their families.

martin14 martin14:
Let me ask, do you have the names and information of the Danforth wounded yet ?
Pictures ?
Back stories ?
Ever wonder why ?

I honestly haven't been paying attention to know if they are or not so I can't comment on that.

Having said that, not everyone that's involved in a tragedy wants to be hounded by media while they're helping their family member recover so I can understand why they wouldn't want to be named or covered in the media.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:10 pm

Coach85 Coach85:
I honestly haven't been paying attention to know if they are or not so I can't comment on that.

You know what ? I have been, and there's been nothing. Zero.
But please, keep your eyes firmly closed.

$1:
Having said that, not everyone that's involved in a tragedy wants to be hounded by media while they're helping their family member recover so I can understand why they wouldn't want to be named or covered in the media.

If it was one or two, or four or five, you might have a point.

But since it is all of them, you don't.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:18 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Yes, it is.

And while it is really just an anecdotal observation it sometimes proves accurate.

And it's right more often than any of the 'scientific' climate apocalypse predictions that were supposed to have taken place prior to this year. :idea:

Hmmm. I haven't seen any objective study of the Coulter thing, although I suspect there would be an element of truth to it--there is a delay caused by the paralysis officials get when dealing with a potential terrorist Islamic incident, or whatever concerns they have. I doubt it's much of an effect though.

Science is actually pretty good. I've worked in the forecasting area, and forecasting of hurricanes has moved leaps and bounds over the last 100 years. Forecasting of earthquakes--haven't really moved the pin on that one.

The problem with science is the same problem with the media. Politically motivated people like it if they agree with it, and think it's fake if they don't. Science has precious little to do with it really.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:32 pm

martin14 martin14:

You know what ? I have been, and there's been nothing. Zero.
But please, keep your eyes firmly closed.

It's sad that you're only paying attention because you want your theory to be true, not because you care about the victims.

Why do you have to know about all the victims? Why do you care? It certainly isn't because you're concerned for their well being.

My eyes aren't closed, I'm just not interested in the subject. I rarely watch or read news (because it's not really News anymore) so I don't follow what's taken place after the shooting.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:01 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Tricks Tricks:
I think the mistake is that you're attributing the reluctance to release a name as some sort of cover-up. If it's some random asshole doing a one off with no sort of connection, they can release his name because there isn't likely anyone who is connected. And that's the most common situation for "white" shooters. If there is concern of it being part of a cell, others knowing about it, or anything have to do with other people, I would assume they want to investigate a bit, and get those people under observation/in custody before spooking them and causing them to run.

The point you made with the white shooters lends support to the Coulter anecdote.

I wasn't arguing against the anecdote. I was saying that people tend to think it's to "create a narrative". Where as it's more likely police just trying to do their job.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:48 am

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:30 am

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/fredericton-police-force-shooting-1.4782007

Police release name of suspect in shooting. Coulter Law fail. Four charges of 1st degree murder, which I guess means that at least the murders of the two civilians were pre-meditated? No details on the alleged killer yet.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:47 am

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/fredericton-police-force-shooting-1.4782007

Police release name of suspect in shooting. Coulter Law fail. Four charges of 1st degree murder, which I guess means that at least the murders of the two civilians were pre-meditated? No details on the alleged killer yet.

Or they decided the murder of the Cops was the primary offence. If someone is killed during the commission of an offence, regardless of whether it was intentional or not; the charge of murder is usually upgraded to First Degree.