Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:04 pm

where is my benefit??

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:07 pm

uwish uwish:
where is my benefit??

You and I get to pay for it all! Until tax time, that is. Then a good chunk of it gets clawed back in taxes.

After the election, of course. ;)

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:50 am

still better than the No Down Payment team, but I get tired of all the breaks going to someone else yet I get to pay for it all...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:10 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
uwish uwish:
where is my benefit??

You and I get to pay for it all! Until tax time, that is. Then a good chunk of it gets clawed back in taxes.

Or you bury the income with the lowest income earner in the house and pay no taxes :D

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:13 am

uwish uwish:
still better than the No Down Payment team, but I get tired of all the breaks going to someone else yet I get to pay for it all...

You also pay for the chronic smoker or drinker than needs an extraordinary amount of extra medical care.

You also pay for projects, roads and other infrastructure in remote areas of the Country.

As taxpayers, we pay for a lot of things we don't directly benefit from.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:21 am

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
uwish uwish:
where is my benefit??

Or you bury the income with the lowest income earner in the house and pay no taxes :D

I'd put the money in an RESP for the child, and defer the taxes that way. But low income earners will likely use the money to catch up on things they were deferring, and since the child tax benefit was canceled in order to fund these 3 billion 'Ralph Bucks', the low income earners are going to get bit come tax time because the child tax credit is no longer there. :(

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:32 am

$1:
Those two factors leave $158.22 a year per child for that Ontario parent, or an additional $13.18 a month net.

Wow. They should have focused this benefit on low income families, who really need it, maybe do some good there, instead of giving coffee money to all parents. Tim's coffee, not Starbucks.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:33 am

$3bn for a social program while the navy loses its last destroyer.

:roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:36 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

Not to worry, since parents will only net 22% compared to previous, it's only a 666 million program. A devilish scheme.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:40 am

andyt andyt:
$1:
Those two factors leave $158.22 a year per child for that Ontario parent, or an additional $13.18 a month net.

Wow. They should have focused this benefit on low income families, who really need it, maybe do some good there, instead of giving coffee money to all parents. Tim's coffee, not Starbucks.

Middle class families and the working poor, those not considered low income, can use the money too.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:45 am

The working poor aren't considered low income? Everybody can use more money, but the low income people (including the working poor) need it the most. it will do the most good there. Invest is children living in poverty and you get a huge return down the road in lower health and social costs, greater productivity.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:09 am

andyt andyt:
$1:

they do. Low income people don't pay taxes anyway, and the partner/spouse with the lowest income should put it on their tax return.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:16 am

Focus all of that money, and more, on low income families. What you probably don't think about is that you are already paying taxes (assuming you are not very low income) that go toward dealing with the fallout of child poverty. Unnecessary health costs, policing costs, justice system costs, prisons, lost productivity (ie people not working who had the potential to do so and pay taxes themselves instead of living off the govt), welfare, the list goes on and on. If we invested in poor children at the earliest stages of their lives, we would get a huge return on that investment in not creating so many damaged people later on in their lives. We'd all get a nice tax cut out of it. And have a safer, more harmonious society.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:35 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

That's what you get from a Conservative gov't.