CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:38 am

andyt andyt:
Canadian_Mind Canadian_Mind:

It has happened in the past where a girl ended up in the shacks to shag, and then turned around the next day and said she was raped. Unfortunately it becomes a him vs her argument at that point. If there was any BDSM involved whatsoever (there usually is) then there would be evidence of a struggle and her argument wins.

There usually is BDSM involved? Do women who go to military bases to shag particularly enjoy BDSM? "hi, fuck me and hurt me?" Seems to me that would be uncommon, but what do I know. Is it that soldiers particularly like rough sex, as do women who want to fuck soldiers?

Just as some women lie about being raped, men who rape lie as well, so the odds here are that most reported rapes as you describe would be rapes, not change of mind in the morning. I'm wondering if your particular bias would be prone to believing the soldier in this case, vs the woman. My bias would be believing the woman if she has "signs of a struggle" on her.

Pretty much the bold part. You don't have a one night stand with an army fellow if you intend on being treated like a flower. You gotta go airforce for that. ;)

Although, if you ever spent time in Gagetown and had a run in with that Amazon lady, you were the one struggling. :lol:

You can either choose to believe what I said, or not. I'm not saying rape doesn't happen, because it does. I am also not sure what the frequency of women lying about rape is either; but ,it has been my observation that a woman lying about being raped after a one night stand in the shacks happens far more often than a woman being actually raped in the shacks. Offhand I'd say at least 10 times as often. This is fucking sad, because it has potential to degrade a woman's argument in a legitimate case. It also erodes the moral of the troops, because doubt about a guys character has formed, even if he was completely innocent.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:45 am

Well, you would know about the BDSM with soldiers better than me. What I take away from your observation is that soldiers like rough sex more so than the general male population, and that some women are attracted to that. I thought it was just the uniform as a symbol of authority and masculinity that attracted women, didn't realize it also meant brutality. So basically hate fucking?

How do you come by your figure that false allegations in these cases are 10 times as common as actual rape? I have a hard time accepting that, since in the general population it's usually thought to be more like the inverse of that. Are you just making excuses for fellow soldiers?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:01 am

andyt andyt:
Well, you would know about the BDSM with soldiers better than me. What I take away from your observation is that soldiers like rough sex more so than the general male population, and that some women are attracted to that. I thought it was just the uniform as a symbol of authority and masculinity that attracted women, didn't realize it also meant brutality. So basically hate fucking?

How do you come by your figure that false allegations in these cases are 10 times as common as actual rape? I have a hard time accepting that, since in the general population it's usually thought to be more like the inverse of that. Are you just making excuses for fellow soldiers?

i know it's a stretch for you but it is possible to have "rough sex" that isn't "hate fucking". :roll:

But I get it, any little excuse to fling shit at military guys. :roll:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:05 am

andyt andyt:

Good lord man, have you never tried rough sex? If both you and your partner are in the mood for it, it's a lot of fun. Seemed like it was what every girl that showed up at the jr's mess wanted.

I'm not making excuses for others. If these 4 blokes are guilty they should be fucking hanged. As for the figure, it's a tough pill to swallow. A lot of it had to do with infidelity. One guys wife/girlfriend hops in bed with someone else. Word gets around so she cries rape to get out of the consequences of her actions. Generally it is found out that she is lying about it and the matter goes away. Out of the 10 or so cases I cited, 3 went to court; 1 was an actual rape and now the guy is happily enjoying a similar experience in jail, 1 was a false allegation, and one is (as far as I know) still ongoing.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:14 am

Good lord man, have you never tried rough sex? If both you and your partner are in the mood for it, it's a lot of fun. Seemed like it was what every girl that showed up at the jr's mess wanted.

I'm not making excuses for others. If these 4 blokes are guilty they should be fucking hanged. As for the figure, it's a tough pill to swallow. A lot of it had to do with infidelity. One guys wife/girlfriend hops in bed with someone else. Word gets around so she cries rape to get out of the consequences of her actions. Generally it is found out that she is lying about it and the matter goes away. Out of the 10 or so cases I cited, 3 went to court; 1 was an actual rape and now the guy is happily enjoying a similar experience in jail, 1 was a false allegation, and one is (as far as I know) still ongoing.

Guess I live in a bubble. No, the day after the woman I was with didn't look like she was assaulted. I can't see the fun in that. I also don't see the fun in pretend rape, which this seems to be. No wonder there's so much confusion about rape, if this is really the norm.

So we have 50 - 50 in the cases actually decided. I would be surprised if the 7 where no action was taken, all were false allegations. If we call those 50 - 50 too, then we're already way down from 10:1. Past that I have no idea. You obviously know military culture and what goes on on bases better than I do. Sounds like a bubble of its own vs the civilian world.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:27 am

andyt andyt:

Guess I live in a bubble. No, the day after the woman I was with didn't look like she was assaulted. I can't see the fun in that. I also don't see the fun in pretend rape, which this seems to be. No wonder there's so much confusion about rape, if this is really the norm.

So we have 50 - 50 in the cases actually decided. I would be surprised if the 7 where no action was taken, all were false allegations. If we call those 50 - 50 too, then we're already way down from 10:1. Past that I have no idea. You obviously know military culture and what goes on on bases better than I do. Sounds like a bubble of its own vs the civilian world.

I don't want to get into the details of my sex life, but there are things that my girlfriend and I enjoy doing that would be considered BDSM. As for my single life, a significant number of those girls that showed up at the mess or the bar looking for army guys that I ended up with wanted to be choked and sometimes even hit. I get being choked, but I could never find being hit enjoyable, so I didn't do it.

Have you ever left a hickey on a girl or had one left on you? Technically that's BDSM.

You know what, I'll agree to that 50-50 ratio for arguments sake. It's still significantly higher than what you suggest is the norm elsewhere.

Often there is a bubble, yes. I'm not sure it's the same way for bases in large cities. But in a place like Petawawa where all that exists is army, the culture is rather unique, and not in a way I found agreeable. It's not necessarily more aggressive or more violent, but there is a lot more drama than what I have yet to encounter now that I'm a civvie. I'll leave it up to one of the guys who have been retired for far longer to confirm or deny this.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:40 am

I don't want to get into the details of my sex life, but there are things that my girlfriend and I enjoy doing that would be considered BDSM. As for my single life, a significant number of those girls that showed up at the mess or the bar looking for army guys that I ended up with wanted to be choked and sometimes even hit. I get being choked, but I could never find being hit enjoyable, so I didn't do it.

Have you ever left a hickey on a girl or had one left on you? Technically that's BDSM.

You know what, I'll agree to that 50-50 ratio for arguments sake. It's still significantly higher than what you suggest is the norm elsewhere.

Often there is a bubble, yes. I'm not sure it's the same way for bases in large cities. But in a place like Petawawa where all that exists is army, the culture is rather unique, and not in a way I found agreeable. It's not necessarily more aggressive or more violent, but there is a lot more drama than what I have yet to encounter now that I'm a civvie. I'll leave it up to one of the guys who have been retired for far longer to confirm or deny this.

A hickey would not be considered a sign of rape.

Choking and hitting is beyond my ken, I just don't get it. I know it's out there, just didn't think it was that common. I've never had a woman express a desire for it with me, most were more interested in my being gentle and sensual. Guess I hang with a different crowd.

For false rape allegations:
$1:
A false accusation of rape is the intentional reporting of a rape by an alleged victim where no rape has occurred. While it is difficult to assess the prevalence of false accusations due to such accusations being conflated with non-prosecuted cases as "unfounded",[1][2] in the United States, the FBI Uniform Crime Report in 1996 and the United States Department of Justice in 1997 stated 8% of rape accusations in the United States were regarded as unfounded or false[3][4][5] Studies in other countries have reported their own rates at anywhere from 1.5% (Denmark) to 10% (Canada).[6] Due to varying definitions of a "False Accusation", the true percentage of false accusations remains unknown.[7]

False allegations above can include misidentifying the rapist. The most famous case is a white woman identifying a black man as the rapist, when years later, DNA proved it wasn't him. That's not a false allegation in the context we are discussing here. So your contention of 10:1 down to 1:1 on military basis is far outside the what is accepted as the norm.

There may be more drama on military bases, close quarters tend to do that. But by what you are saying, it sounds like there's more brutality too, even if it's consensual - just a rougher way of interacting, sexually, at least. Again, put a bunch of men in close quarters, that's to be expected too. Maybe the guys all mellow out when they get discharged. From some of what I see here, maybe not.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:49 am

more on false allegations:

0:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG [ 96.34 KiB | Viewed 99 times ]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_accu ... false_rape

So hard to get an handle on. Probably not as common as some want to make it, not as rare as others contend.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:07 am

andyt andyt:

The most famous case is a white woman identifying a black man as the rapist, when years later, DNA proved it wasn't him.

Ever heard of the Twana Brawley case? How about the Duke Lacrosse team?

There are many, more famous false rape allegation cases people would have heard of before they got to that case you dredged up from relative obscurity.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:20 am

andyt andyt:
Choking and hitting is beyond my ken, I just don't get it. I know it's out there, just didn't think it was that common. I've never had a woman express a desire for it with me, most were more interested in my being gentle and sensual. Guess I hang with a different crowd.
You should be meet my roommate... 8O :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:37 am

Does she post on here, too?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:21 pm

Trick's old squeeze Nova :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:30 pm

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:45 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
andyt andyt:

The most famous case is a white woman identifying a black man as the rapist, when years later, DNA proved it wasn't him.

Ever heard of the Twana Brawley case? How about the Duke Lacrosse team?

There are many, more famous false rape allegation cases people would have heard of before they got to that case you dredged up from relative obscurity.

And those cases involve the victim identifying the wrong perpetrator? News to me.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:00 pm

andyt andyt:
And those cases involve the victim identifying the wrong perpetrator? News to me.

I didn't know you had an account here Reverend Al? :wink: :lol: