GROUP_AVATAR
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:03 pm

From the JPost:

$1:
The Iraqi central government in Baghdad has ordered the airports in the Kurdish region closed in retaliation for the vote, and Iran and Turkey are also threatening sanctions. Kurdish sources confirm that the international airports in Erbil and Sulaiymaniyah will likely be closed on Friday, unless the international community pressures Baghdad to change its demands.

On Monday, Abdul Karim, a civil servant, went with his wife and daughter to Erbil’s historic citadel after voting in the historic independence referendum. He was affable and enthusiastic about the chance to vote for independence. But he had one question. “America calls for democracy, but what are you doing now?”

His question was addressed to Americans, but it is a sentiment many expressed in the region of 8 million. Where was the international support? Where were the international monitors and observers, the former US presidents and senators? How could European countries that accepted the Scottish referendum, not see Kurds as having the same rights as their neighbors? How could countries that stood with Kosovo in the 1990s, not see Kurdistan through similar eyes.

Many of the region’s residents are perplexed at how the world is not celebrating alongside them...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:11 pm

Let them have it. Iraq and most of the middle eastern boundaries any an unnatural colonial creation that should be broken up and redrawn.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:26 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
Let them have it. Iraq and most of the middle eastern boundaries any an unnatural colonial creation that should be broken up and redrawn.

We agree on something? Wow. [B-o]

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:40 pm

I don't see why Turkey, Iraq and other countries with Kurdish minority's want to keep them. They can, it seems, be quite problematic as a minority. Give them some land, sea access and let them go.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:46 pm

fifeboy fifeboy:
I don't see why Turkey, Iraq and other countries with Kurdish minority's want to keep them. They can, it seems, be quite problematic as a minority. Give them some land, sea access and let them go.

Why do we keep Quebec ?

:lol: :lol:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:29 am

martin14 martin14:
fifeboy fifeboy:

Why do we keep Quebec ?

50 percent + one is one thing, but 93% and open rebellion is in a whole another ballpark!

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:15 am

fifeboy fifeboy:

Under what circumstances is secession permissible without the consent of the central government or the majority of the overall population? I would support it nearly everywhere but others are more selective i.e. our allies abroad can secede but we would resist seeing it in our country. Thankfully, Canada and Britain are exceptions to this and have allowed provinces to vote on their own future.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:17 am

fifeboy fifeboy:
I don't see why Turkey, Iraq and other countries with Kurdish minority's want to keep KILL them.

FTFY and answered your question at the same time.

The Turks want to exterminate the Kurds because the fucking Turks want to exterminate everyone who doesn't kiss their ass be it the Greeks, Armenians, Syrians, Bulgarians, and etc.

The Sunni Muslims in Iraq hate the Kurds because Kurdish women enjoy the highest level of civil rights in the Muslim world and the goat fuckers can't tolerate that.

The Shiite Muslims in Iran hate the Kurds because every time Iran has gone up against the Kurds they've had their assess handed to them in very epic ways.

Myself, I find the Kurds to be very Western. I've been to Mosul and Erbil and at the time they were among the few places in the sandbox where I felt like I was in a very peaceful and civilized place. I wish them well with their independence.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:21 am

martin14 martin14:
fifeboy fifeboy:

Why do we keep Quebec ?

Because in the War of 1812 you guys couldn't make the US take it off your hands.

8)

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:46 am

It's about time the Kurds had a country. I do wonder about the border, though. Kirkuk may be a city too much and its Turkmen minority may give Erdogan a Putinesque pretext to interfere.