Category: Law & Order
Posted By: DrCaleb
Date: 2015-08-26 06:53:19

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:19 pm

Some of the comments posted on CBC's site say it all.

A flame thrower? Really? This is something that the averge Joe needs? Please... :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:35 pm

I liked the comment that basically said "no worries, Darwinism will eventually sort them all out". :mrgreen:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:54 am

Strutz Strutz:
A flame thrower? Really? This is something that the averge Joe needs? Please... :roll:

It's for home defense. Ya!

"You wait right there Mr. Burglar, while I get my flamethrower! When I get back, you are going to get such a barbecuing!"

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:38 am

When flamethrowers are outlawed only outlaws will have flamethrowers! :D

Seriously, though...these things do have a utility for fire crews that need to set backfires in forests and in brushy areas. The way they do this now requires the firefighters to be right on top of where they set the backfire and sometimes the crews get burned.

With the serious versions of these devices they can start the backfires from a safer distance.

I can also see these being useful to people who are defending their homes or businesses from rioters and the benefit is that these devices would truly be a deterrent in such situations. Who the hell wants to get burned?

I think I'd rather see people using a deterrent like this instead of seeing the flamethrower banned and people using legal firearms to lethally accomplish what may have been accomplished without any injury at all. :idea:

And, no, I will not be buying one.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:01 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
I can also see these being useful to people who are defending their homes or businesses from rioters and the benefit is that these devices would truly be a deterrent in such situations.
RIP America

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:08 am

Public_Domain Public_Domain:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
I can also see these being useful to people who are defending their homes or businesses from rioters and the benefit is that these devices would truly be a deterrent in such situations.
RIP America

I was thinking about the next time a Canadian team wins/loses the Stanley Cup.

It's not like you folks don't already let the rioters use fire. Letting citizens use it just seems like fair play.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:29 am

oh of course. as a marxist-arsonist, i'm all for a little more fire in the hands of the common man

when i read your stuff Bart all i hear is the voice of that woman in the NFFA warnings on The Purge

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Los Angeles Kings
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:49 am

More power to the mayor; I don't see how one of these would be useful within city limits.

Wish I had one for burning tumbleweeds though.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:56 am

Vote Mr. Rug for Hilarious! :D
I will say it until the cows come home and unless you have a blue heeler, I will win. 8)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:18 pm

You know your city/state/country is f***ed when you actually need to enact flamethrower bans.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:21 pm

Pretty sure that a super-powered nation with a complete lack of common sense when it comes to putting military-grade weaponry in the hands of morons and kooks is one of the official signs of the apocalypse. :|