Title: Abortions after six weeks will now be illegal in Georgia
Category: Political
Posted By: Freakinoldguy
Date: 2019-05-07 10:19:03

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 10:31 am

I personally think that the deicision for abortion is between a woman and her conscience but with that being said. The Governor campaigned on this issue which means that there is likely a very large portion of Georgians who agreed with him or he wouldn't have gotten elected. So the signing of the bill shouldn't have come as this very large surprise like it's opponents are now claiming.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 10:39 am

Freakinoldguy wrote:
I personally think that the deicision for abortion is between a woman and her conscience but with that being said. The Governor campaigned on this issue which means that there is likely a very large portion of Georgians who agreed with him or he wouldn't have gotten elected. So the signing of the bill shouldn't have come as this very large surprise like it's opponents are now claiming.

I think you missed the part of the election where if your name was misspelt on the voter list in comparison to your ID, you couldn't vote. This appeared to coincidentally affect people who were not going to vote for the incumbent.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... brian-kemp

https://www.theroot.com/congress-takes- ... 1832760149

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 11:12 am

DrCaleb wrote:
Freakinoldguy wrote:

I think you missed the part of the election where if your name was misspelt on the voter list in comparison to your ID, you couldn't vote. This appeared to coincidentally affect people who were not going to vote for the incumbent.

How can you can tell who people were going to vote for and how can you tell all the disqualified ones were all pro abortion?

You appear to have missed this part from one the Gaurdian article which you posted:

Quote:
So-called "heartbeat bills" like Georgia's have become a popular tool among states looking to reduce abortion access. At least 15 states have introduced similar legislation this year and the governors of Kentucky, Mississippi and Ohio have signed theirs into law. None of those laws have been successfully enacted, according to the reproductive health research organization the Guttmacher Institute.

So, given your inuendo that the only reason the incumbent governor who supported this bill got elected was because of voter fraud allow me to ask. Were the other Governor races in the aforementioned 15 other states, 3 who have signed the "heartbeat" bill into law all due to voter tampering?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 11:21 am

Freakinoldguy wrote:
DrCaleb wrote:
Freakinoldguy wrote:

How can you can tell who people were going to vote for and how can you tell all the disqualified ones were all pro abortion?

You appear to have missed this part from one the Gaurdian article which you posted:

Quote:
So-called "heartbeat bills" like Georgia's have become a popular tool among states looking to reduce abortion access. At least 15 states have introduced similar legislation this year and the governors of Kentucky, Mississippi and Ohio have signed theirs into law. None of those laws have been successfully enacted, according to the reproductive health research organization the Guttmacher Institute.

So, given your inuendo that the only reason the incumbent governor who supported this bill got elected was because of voter fraud allow me to ask. Were the other Governor races in the aforementioned 15 other states, 3 who have signed the "heartbeat" bill into law all due to voter tampering?

You seem to be misinterpreting my post.

I have no idea who was going to vote for or against an abortion bill. I'm just stating that you writing "a very large portion of voters who agreed with him or he wouldn't have gotten elected" isn't correct, when a portion of the voters disagreeing with him were prevented from voting.

You'll also notice the other article:

Quote:
What they found was a stack of interwoven intentional efforts by Georgia’s former secretary of state (now governor) Brian Kemp to disenfranchise black voters.

Anti-abortion laws tend to disproportionately affect black voters.

https://www.vox.com/identities/2018/1/1 ... cal-racism

Presumably, the disenfranchised voters would have been against any law regarding the limitations imposed on a right to choose.

That's my point here.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 2:51 pm

Nothing to see here. Some liberal judge in San Francisco will overturn this even though it's not in their jurisdiction.

As usual.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 3:40 pm

DrCaleb wrote:
You seem to be misinterpreting my post.

I have no idea who was going to vote for or against an abortion bill. I'm just stating that you writing "a very large portion of voters who agreed with him or he wouldn't have gotten elected" isn't correct, when a portion of the voters disagreeing with him were prevented from voting.

You'll also notice the other article:

Quote:
What they found was a stack of interwoven intentional efforts by Georgia’s former secretary of state (now governor) Brian Kemp to disenfranchise black voters.

Anti-abortion laws tend to disproportionately affect black voters.

https://www.vox.com/identities/2018/1/1 ... cal-racism

Presumably, the disenfranchised voters would have been against any law regarding the limitations imposed on a right to choose.

That's my point here.

Sorry I read your post wrong but I'd be looking more at political affiliation for the banned voters than for their stance on abortion. I guess we'll never know the real reasons for the accusation if they're true, unless of course one of these lawsuits brings it all out in the open.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 6:19 pm

Everyone knows the Georgia vote wss rigged. The Republican whi claimed victory was not actually the incumbent but rather the Secretary of State who is responsible for administering and overseeing the election and deciding things like how many polling stations there will be in each area, how many machines there will be, which stations get the new machines and which get the old malfunctioning machines etc. .

Naturally that’s a conflict of interest but Republicans being the ratfucks they are he refused to recuse himself from running the election and guess what? Areas disproportionately Blacks or Democrats were the ones that somehow magically ended up with fewer stations and fees machines, machines breaking down, lines around the block, etc.

As to the OP, most women don’t even know they’re pregnant at 6 weeks. This is just more of Republican men trying to control women’s bodies

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 6:53 pm

What do you think the women will do for an abortion after 6 weeks?

Depends if they have money or not. The rich (or those who have rich parents) and even middle class will probably go elsewhere to get it done (another country or state) or will get a good instate doctor to do it without asking too many questions and keeping it hush-hush.

The poor... well the poor will have to get creative... somebody who calls himself a doctor, somebody who knows someone who knows someone, maybe the old-fashioned clothes hanger or some "product" that might work without killing the woman. The others will probably disappear or kill themselves... but that's OK, they're poor and/or black. :(

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 9:16 pm

raydan wrote:
The others will probably disappear or kill themselves... but that's OK, they're poor and/or black. :(

"pro-life" just means being cool with the mother being killed in a back alley.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 9:34 pm

I remember when abortion was illegal in Canada... not a week went by that you wouldn't read in the local newspaper about a young girl dying from a botched abortion or killing herself because she was pregnant. :(

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 12:15 pm

BartSimpson wrote:
Nothing to see here. Some liberal judge in San Francisco will overturn this even though it's not in their jurisdiction.

As usual.

As well it should. This is a terrible bill written by men who have no concept of how women’s physiology works and who think A Handmaid’sTale is a future to strive for and not a dystopia to be prevented.

Six weeks in and most women don’t realize they’re pregnant. That’s essentially a missed period. And the law wants to prosecute women who miscarry as well which is insane.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 12:50 pm

xerxes wrote:
As well it should. This is a terrible bill written by men who have no concept of how women’s physiology works and who think A Handmaid’sTale is a future to strive for and not a dystopia to be prevented.

Whoops.

Bill was sponsored by 3 men, and 3 women.

I guess you can put your sexism card back in the deck for another day?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 12:55 pm

The Abortion issue has been resolved. [popcorn]

Last edited by BRAH on Wed May 08, 2019 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 12:56 pm

Tricks wrote:
raydan wrote:
The others will probably disappear or kill themselves... but that's OK, they're poor and/or black. :(

"pro-life" just means being cool with the mother being killed in a back alley.

With that attitude I can also say being pro choice means you are fine with killing unborn children in the thousands every year.