canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:59 am

<strong>Title: </strong> <a href="/link.php?id=22230" target="_blank">Air Canada adds pets to no-fly list</a> (click to view)

<strong>Category:</strong> <a href="/news/topic/14-misc-cdn" target="_blank">Misc CDN</a>
<strong>Posted By: </strong> <a href="/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=userinfo&username=canucker" target="_blank">canucker</a>
<strong>Date: </strong> 2007-06-22 02:06:47
<strong>Canadian</strong>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:59 am

I have a hunch it's because of the law suit (related articles - top right)where they were found not liable in a pet's death - contrary to Peter Fitzpatrick's statement: "It really comes down to a question of carrying bags for the vast majority of our customers or carrying pets for a small number of our customers"
In such a pet friendly world of Hotel acceptance and encouraged tourism, folks can drive but not fly with their 4 legged family member - what a life!

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:46 am

odd ,wonder why they deciced not to continue to allow pets on board . can see this becoming a problem for people who like there pets.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:03 am

what about seeing eye dogs?

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:56 am

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
what about seeing eye dogs?

Don't they have to let them on board by law?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:59 am

Actually based on my experience with Air Canada losing things maybe this is for the better! 8O

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:12 am

This is bullshit, I've travelled with my dogs in the cabin before and the only rules were they had to be in a pet travel case that "fit under the seat in front of you". They were no different than any other carryon and didn't bother anyone. As the matter of fact no one knew we even had a dog in there.

$1:
"I think it's important that if people object to not having their pets able to travel with them on the plane that they should file a complaint to the company and state their objections," Hope told CBC News

I think they will, but it won't be with a filed complaint. They'll do it with their feet and use other airlines. Once again Air Canada screws themselves royally and will be back at the table asking for another handout from the Government when their sales drop off.

WESTJET HERE I COME

Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:31 pm

ryan29 ryan29:
odd ,wonder why they deciced not to continue to allow pets on board . can see this becoming a problem for people who like there pets.

Maybe because of Ugly Sam

[align=center]Image[/align]

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:22 pm

Really, I have paid more to fly my pets than most people do. How does a pet in the cargo department affect your allergies? Re-canned air yes but a pet in the belly of the hold. Please.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:29 pm

CYYD CYYD:
It's about time. I am extremely allergic to cats and will suffer for multiple days afterwords if I go anywhere near a cat. An airplane is no place for a cat or dog.

So if you're extremely allergic to plants does that mean the outside is no place for plants?