canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:36 am

Title: Air quality advisory cancelled for Metro Vancouver as skies finally clear
Category: Weather
Posted By: Hyack
Date: 2017-08-13 00:31:44
Canadian

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:36 am

The haze may have gone, but the clouds have now moved in and...........it's raining!!!! Actually it's more of a drizzle but it definitely will clear the air and give us all some relief.....

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:28 am

The wind shifted for you, but socked in here. Being muh closer to the fires, the skies darkened and it rained ash yesterday around the Prince George area.
Skies were so dark and brownish-red some fallers planning to work thru the weekend on a job here gave up at 4:30 pm and went home due to safety concerns!
I tried to convince people that the boiling skies and ash were from the Persied meteor shower, the rest of the world was destroyed and only the NSA and Hillary's email server were keeping the Internet up to prevent panic. But no one would believe it... :D

But it pissed rain late at night and it's clear blue skies here today.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:40 pm

THe rain washed the ash off the roof of my Wrangler, there was about 1 cm of white mud on the running boards when I went to go out. That's a LOT of ash yesterday!