Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:18 pm

Hmm. Self defeating argument?
The PCs have so much experience running Alberta... look how well that turned out.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:26 pm

I doubt if any other party would do any different. Albertan's are obviously incapable of handling the truth, and so no matter who they elect, it will be the same old same old. Yeeehaw.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:59 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
Do I think the NDP or Liberals are guaranteed to solve our problems? Fuck no, but at this point, why not take a chance and give them 4 years? If they totally fuck it up then we vote their asses out in 2020.

So your election strategy is vote for us, because,

well no real reason, we offer nothing, but what the hell, it's something different, eh.

After all, we can't do any worse, except raise taxes a lot, blow all of it on special
projects for our pet supporters, borrow extra $$$, and make the whole thing a lot worse.

Wonderful. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:11 am

martin14 martin14:
bootlegga bootlegga:
Do I think the NDP or Liberals are guaranteed to solve our problems? Fuck no, but at this point, why not take a chance and give them 4 years? If they totally fuck it up then we vote their asses out in 2020.

well no real reason, we offer nothing, but what the hell, it's something different, eh.

After all, we can't do any worse, except raise taxes a lot, blow all of it on special
projects for our pet supporters, borrow extra $$$, and make the whole thing a lot worse.

No, it's wait and see what everyone offers and make a decision then, not do it now before the election is even called.

Unfortunately, most Albertans just check the same box over and over and that's why we have a one party state here. Sounds like you're a died in the wool blue kool-aid drinker too...you'd fit in well in Alberta. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:33 am

ABC movements in provincial and federal elections are just scary. It's like jumping into the water head first without knowing what's under the water. They insist that anything else will be better. People fail to realize that it could go the other way all too easily. Things can get worse....much worse.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:47 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
martin14 martin14:
bootlegga bootlegga:

No, it's wait and see what everyone offers and make a decision then, not do it now before the election is even called.

Unfortunately, most Albertans just check the same box over and over and that's why we have a one party state here. Sounds like you're a died in the wool blue kool-aid drinker too...you'd fit in well in Alberta. :lol:

Yes I agree, Martin would make a great Albertan, so would 2Cdo, welcome anytime. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:50 am

bootlegga bootlegga:

But that's not what you said:

bootlegga bootlegga:
Fuck no, but at this point, why not take a chance and give them 4 years? If they totally fuck it up then we vote their asses out in 2020.

It looks like you've already made your decision. Just give the other guys a chance and if they fuck up, it's ok....cause we can vote them out in 4 years and deal with any damage to the Province at that time.

You take aim at people like Thanos for being the 'problem' when maybe it's people like you with the "give them a chance' mentality for people to manage billions of your tax dollars that's the problem.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:39 am

Alta_redneck Alta_redneck:
Yes I agree, Martin would make a great Albertan, so would 2Cdo, welcome anytime. :lol:

I lived in Edmonton and Calgary back in the 80's and presently work out of Grande Prairie. :wink:

Just trying to sell a house in Liberal run Ontario where the market is horrible. :?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:47 am

2Cdo 2Cdo:

I lived in Edmonton and Calgary back in the 80's and presently work out of Grande Prairie. :wink:

Just trying to sell a house in Liberal run Ontario where the market is horrible. :?

$1:
Considering the February weather that Torontonians have just endured, the overheated housing market defies all logic.

$1:
If you're going to sell your Calgary home, do it now, prices may drop 20%

:roll:

Alberta economy - obviously outside Conservative control. Ontario economy - wrecked by the Liberals.

:roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:08 am

2Cdo 2Cdo:

The market is horrible? :lol:

The real estate market in Southern Ontario is flippin' awesome right now.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:20 am

As some point, the Anybody but.. crowd has a point - "government's are like diapers, they should be changed often". The new party, no matter who they are, will be less corrupt and more responsive to citizens until they start feeling too comfortable in power. Then it's time to change again. Albertans have absolutely no clue how the other parties would have governed, because they've never given them a chance.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:24 am

Thank you, short stint in Calgary, before finding some freedom up North in Whitehorse.

Looooong time ago. :P

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:43 am

$1:
The new party, no matter who they are, will be less corrupt and more responsive to citizens until they start feeling too comfortable in power.

No. In politics it doesn't work that way unless a completely new party that has never been in power takes the reins. If the Libs come back, it'll still be the same Liberal party that ran the show when JC was in power, just with new packaging - JT. There'll still be the same 'We are the natural governing Party' mentality and sense of self entitlement. The same can be said of the Conservatives. SH said he'd end the secret dealings and make the government more transparent. That's a load because they are just as secretive and perhaps more so than the old PCs and Liberals were.

No, if the ABC movement is successful this fall, the Libs will try and come off as different for a short time and then it'll be back to same old same old in a couple of months. This is why there is such a high level of voter apathy because ABC is really SSDP.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:50 am

the Liberal party has been thoroughly shaken up. We don't know how they will be in power. But either way, having one party in power entrenched for a long time is no good. If both parties are really that bad, better to alternate so they can balance each other out.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:54 am

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
No. In politics it doesn't work that way unless a completely new party that has never been in power takes the reins. If the Libs come back, it'll still be the same Liberal party that ran the show when JC was in power, just with new packaging - JT. There'll still be the same 'We are the natural governing Party' mentality and sense of self entitlement. The same can be said of the Conservatives. SH said he'd end the secret dealings and make the government more transparent. That's a load because they are just as secretive and perhaps more so than the old PCs and Liberals were.

No, if the ABC movement is successful this fall, the Libs will try and come off as different for a short time and then it'll be back to same old same old in a couple of months. This is why there is such a high level of voter apathy because ABC is really SSDP.

Thus my underlying philosophy that politicians, like babies, need to be changed often and for the same reason.

Not happy with the Liberals right now--they shouldn't have backed C-51. Glad they opposed the ISIS extension though. That's got mission creep written all over it.