Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:26 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
BRAH BRAH:
Two female reporters for Rebel Media are cyber stalked, sexually harassed, trolled daily. One of them had her private information (address, phone number) posted to intimidate her but since she works for the Rebel it's cool. :roll:

Exactly! Treat all people with respect, and things like this don't happen.

It would be nice if it worked that way but it doesn't.

Sadly, a growing number of people of a certain philosophical leaning see courtesy and respect as a form of weakness. To these types the once commonly accepted manners of civilized people are an incitement to both verbal and physical assault.

What can I say, I'm a dreamer.

I think I noticed the downfall of civility when one of the neighbourhood brats tried to ask me my first name so he could address me in the familiar. 8O Politeness in society has surely slipped since my father's time. I still call my friends parents (those that are left) by 'Mr.' or 'Mrs.'. Except one who asked me to use his first name at my wedding.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:39 am

Yep. When the kids insist on acting like your equal is when we have problems because the little shits think they know more than you do and then they make the mistake of thinking you're not dangerous.

One of our friends has a kid attending West Point and when he came over to visit Fort Livingroom a few weeks back he scored points by calling me 'Major' and 'Sir'.

I know his CSM from way back and sent a letter complimenting the cadet on off-campus discipline. It may the first compliment I've ever made to the Army in writing.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:52 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Thanos Thanos:
Respect is absent in the hearts and minds of ideologues of all sides.

In some, yes. But look at yourself - you have some pretty set in stone principals, but still refrain from personal attacks and instead focus on the ideas rather than the person.

Yes, mostly, but no at the same time. My spats with andy more than show I'm willing to aim for the groin if I get pissed off enough when I get insulted.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:10 pm

BTW Rachel, if we're going to get hysterical about golf course joke targets do something about Zazzle.ca will ya.

You must be horrified to learn they're selling these.

http://www.zazzle.ca/stephen+harper+dartboards

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:49 pm

I didn't see much outrage over this, actually never heard a thing about it.

Harper - If you can't join him, beat him!

http://vancouver.mediacoop.ca/photo/har ... -him/33467

Must have been sickening enough that the left media didn't want to report it, and the right couldn't have given a fuck.

No fucks were given. :lol:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:48 pm

Alta_redneck Alta_redneck:
I didn't see much outrage over this, actually never heard a thing about it.

Harper - If you can't join him, beat him!

http://vancouver.mediacoop.ca/photo/har ... -him/33467

Must have been sickening enough that the left media didn't want to report it, and the right couldn't have given a fuck.

No fucks were given. :lol:

Actually I think it's pretty damn funny. I could even see it being therapeutic to take out your angst on a likeness and be rewarded with candy after.

Dr. Caleb, yes I think our society is suffering a massive respect deficit, on both sides of the table. But fixing that problem shouldn't start at trying to protect only the female politicians, it should start at raising better kids. My generation, the one immediately after it, and the one immediately before. This shit will continue to be the norm no matter how much you try to legislate to the contrary. However, it is still possible to bring about more respect in the generation that is now entering grade school. There will be rough times ahead, but hopefully 50 years down the road those youngins will look at me and my contemporaries with the angst and disgust that we deserve, but will still be respectful enough to keep their thoughts to themselves and know in their hearts that they did better.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:08 am

Holy Shit! 8O

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 146.96 KiB | Viewed 48 times ]
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:20 am

^^ Kudatah!

That idiot just set himself up for some jail time.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vegas Golden Knights
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:30 am

I wonder what would happen, if idiots like that put all of their energy into doing something constructive for Alberta, rather than hate for a politico?

Thankfully, the number of followers and following kind of tips the hand that this is a very vocal minority that is causing the biggest issues.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:41 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
^^ Kudatah!

I doubt it.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:43 am

A Twitter account Tweeted veiled threats against Harper two years ago and the RCMP paid him a visit, the threats he made were nothing like this. If this is a sock account the RCMP can still find him or her, ether way this person is F*****.

Last edited by BRAH on Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:46 am

andyt andyt:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
^^ Kudatah!

I doubt it.

Don't. We take that shit seriously.

Man charged with threats after call to Alberta environment minister

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:51 am

That's different. The person reached out to her and made specific threats. This guy is just cheering the supposed desire of some people to kill Notley. I do hope they investigate him, have him shit his pants, but I doubt he would be charged.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:01 am

Hard to say, the person I mentioned was never charged by the RCMP. What it probably comes down to is if the RCMP feel they have a strong enough case to file charges.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:25 am

Whatever happened to that guy who pie-faced Chretien?