canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:00 am

Title: 'Alexandre is not a monster': Mosque shooter's parents speak publicly for 1st time
Category: Law & Order
Posted By: DrCaleb
Date: 2018-06-22 05:21:13
Canadian

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:00 am

I'm sorry sir, but yes. He is. Normal people don't walk into a place of worship and start killing people. Even if they have been bullied. Monsters do that.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:12 am

Normal people don't even think about such an act.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:38 am

He was not before...But after that act, he certainly is.

Wonder from where he got brainwashed...

Is this site too popular in Canada, among other online social platforms?

what if he used to browse too much on this site, that particular thread - titled;

"Today In Islam: Omnibus Thread"

http://www.canadaka.net/forums/current-events-f59/today-in-islam-omnibus-thread-t116951-1695.html

That thread has all the credentials to make anyone, especially younger folks, mad/hate on Muslims/Islam

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:49 am

Fighter Fighter:

what if he used to browse too much on this site, that particular thread - titled;

http://www.canadaka.net/forums/current-events-f59/today-in-islam-omnibus-thread-t116951-1695.html

That thread has all the credentials to make anyone, especially younger folks, mad/hate on Muslims/Islam

R=UP

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:54 am

Fighter Fighter:

I don't think so. There is a lot of "anti-Islam" sediment in the west. Some of it has to do with 9/11, some of it has to do with how women and non-Muslims are treated in predominantly Muslim nations, and its actions of groups like ISIS and Al-Qaeda that are fueling this Anti-Islam sediment. Not this forum.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:05 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Fighter Fighter:

R=UP

I can be wrong but my educated guess is since he is young and can be exploited/influenced by anything which floats on social media/TV....He somehow either landed on anti Islam sites/forums or may be got influenced by his close family/friends circle who might hate Islam...

We can only speculate but this extreme act of shooting at mosque does give us a hint about level of brainwashing he obviously have gone through for quite some time before committing terrorism...and when it reached threshold, it was simply too much to hold back or ignore for a young guy.

That can be the only reason a random boy, having fully loaded gun, decided to go at mosque and unloaded his magazine on men praying.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:12 am

There is an argument here on both sides, however, I'll say this: Sometimes people don't need a "outside influence" some people are ignorant and would rather act on said ignorance.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:20 am

llama66 llama66:
Fighter Fighter:

I don't think so. There is a lot of "anti-Islam" sediment in the west. Some of it has to do with 9/11, some of it has to do with how women and non-Muslims are treated in predominantly Muslim nations, and its actions of groups like ISIS and Al-Qaeda that are fueling this Anti-Islam sediment. Not this forum.

You are absolutely right. but since this incident happened in Canada, we need to look at localized factors - specifically related to Canadians, as well apart from global causes/motives...

This site is Canadian and has majority Canadian users...so may be he was lurking at this site/that particular thread for quite a time.

If this act would have done by older guy, we may say he may be was pissed off at Mr. Trudeau's policy of welcoming Muslim refugees/migrants...But since he is a kid, may be he was not much into politics but in social media as generally younger men spend a lot of time on social media...

And this site is part of Canadian social media.

Overall I agree with other reasons you mentioned but I won't discard the possibility of him lurking at that thread.

That thread can easily piss off Muslims...It pissed off me.

And that thread can also instill hate in mind of others regarding Islam/Muslims.

Propaganda and organized campaign can bear results, either negative or positive.

That's the reason I started my thread "Islam desk" to counter it but had to abandoned.

llama66 llama66:
There is an argument here on both sides, however, I'll say this: Sometimes people don't need a "outside influence" some people are ignorant and would rather act on said ignorance.

You are right as well...

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:22 am

llama66 llama66:

IIRC from court testimony, that both are true. He was influenced by Trumps' Muslim ban, and such visionaries as Coulter, O'Riley and Le Pen.

$1:
Bissonnette felt “connected” to mass shooters. At 15, he became interested in the Columbine shooting. As a child with lots of allergies, asthma, and a persistent cough, he was picked on for his frail stature. In high school, the bullying even became physically violent at times, with bigger kids grabbing him by the collar and shoving him up against the lockers.

“It’s because of them that I want to commit suicide,” he thought at the time, imagining what it would be like to kill his harassers or burn down the school. He began listening to heavy metal, the same music as one of the Columbine shooters.

$1:
For the next month, Bissonnette routinely Googled “mosque Desjardins,” in reference to the Quebec City mosque and looked at the Quebec City Islamic Cultural Centre Facebook page. He saved floor plans of the mosque on his laptop.

Evening of Jan. 29, 2017

On Jan. 29, he made those same searches again. By that evening, he could feel the effects of the liquor he’d been drinking all afternoon. He drove to his parents’ house for “his last supper,” he thought, and didn’t let his parents see that he was drunk. At 5:28 p.m. he looked at a tweet Justin Trudeau had sent in response to Trump’s travel ban, welcoming refugees and other immigrants to Canada. As he later told the police interrogator, that tweet made him “lose it.”

https://globalnews.ca/news/4191327/insi ... ting-plot/

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:25 am

Fighter Fighter:
This site is Canadian and has majority Canadian users...so may be he was lurking at this site/that particular thread for quite a time.

Anything is possible, but we just aren't that popular. As much as we like to think we should be, however. :)

But you are right that that thread, and others like it, have an influence on people who read it. As my grandmother, who had numbers tattooed on her forearm would say, "Hate travels on little mouse feet".

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:29 am

Fighter Fighter:
That thread can easily piss off Muslims...It pissed off me.

Good. Then start working to convince your fellow Muslims to stop doing the things that get reported in that thread.

Trust me, all of us who post in that topic look forward to a day when there's nothing to post.

:idea:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:29 am

I will also point out, there is latent xenophobia in Canada, case in point, Bart's treatment by some after he said he voted for Trump.

Generally, there is a distrust of what we don't understand. Some try to educate themselves, some don't. As an emotional species, sometimes we act out on how we fell-- to disastrous result. Not at all excusing the actions of the person. Houses of worship are supposed to be sacred.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:09 am

Sorry folks but all this pyscho babble and family apologies mean nothing. Poor little Alexandre "is" a monster who's nuttier than a 10 pound squirrel turd and if it hadn't been a mosque it would have been something else that set the poor little dear off.

The best place for people like Alexander is 6 feet under but, since that isn't an option in Canada we'll have to settle for a lifetime in prison and hope the prick never sees the light of day.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:22 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
I'm sorry sir, but yes. He is. Normal people don't walk into a place of worship and start killing people. Even if they have been bullied. Monsters do that.

His playtime on the internet with other monsters of the same ilk* does little to dispel the reality that he isn't some fuzz-cheeked innocent. At best he's Eliot Rodgers or Nikolas Cruz, at worst he's Tim McVeigh.

* though I'm sure that some of them are very fine people :roll: